JHT - (a spotted thread) UPDATED page 9 onwards.

Jack_Harpers_Teeth

• 3 months later...

A little update.

Spotted this Passat on Monday;

passat.jpg

Which I reckon fits nicely here. looks identical to the one that was the company car at the place where I had my first ever job, same colour, model and year - I am sure it's not the same car as last time I saw it, it was doing doughnuts, handbrake turns in the company car park!!

• 1 year later...
What part of the country are these from, though?

Isle of Wight mate.

I'll do some more in a bit. Was active here a while back, but stopped posting, still lurked about though. I will try to be a bit more productive here in the future as I like this forum - it makes me laugh on a regular basis. :mrgreen:

Yes please to more, I'm not sure if there's anyone else who's posted up so many spots from the IOW.

This R12 seems to be quite nice too, or is it just the rose-tinted windscreen making me think the driving experience wasn't that bad after all?

ren.jpg

Glad you like :) . The Rover 800 is a pretty recent spot, I am suprised it's now on SORN, it obviously well cared for 8) .

Right starting to run out now of past spots, but here we go again chaps.

ADoFront.jpg

DSC00011-2.jpg

DSC03309.jpg

DSC00003-1.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

397635596.jpg

378068663.jpg

401418534.jpg

400992510.jpg

397620880.jpg

392197720.jpg

and...Bleedin' 'ell Stan....

392550768.jpg

:mrgreen:

That's all boys 'n' girls. I will update this topic as and when.

:)

Bloody hell Jack, you don't half find some corkers!

I love that Lada picture, it's almost as if the lady is casing the place (with her hand on a pistol in her pocket) and the bloke is about to pull a sawn-off out of the boot before holding up that shop!

bond.jpg

That's not IOW! That's from Preston. When I were a children we had SCK 781 which was an Austin A35 van. Top spotting Jack, proud of you. Is the IOW something of a Triumph haven? Seem to be a lot of Toledos and Dolomites in your pics (not a complaint!).

These really are good!, is that Hillman Super Minx Pick Up a factory made car or a home conversion?, I haven't seen one before and whats the tiny window in the middle of the Marina convertible all about, It looks like the one in my downstairs toilet!

That's not IOW! That's from Preston. When I were a children we had SCK 781 which was an Austin A35 van. Top spotting Jack, proud of you. Is the IOW something of a Triumph haven? Seem to be a lot of Toledos and Dolomites in your pics (not a complaint!).

Cheers for that Edd. Came a long way from Preston to be here then eh?

Triumph Haven? Maybe, I am a Dolomite owner myself so I guess I probably have saved more photos of like related cars than I should of :oops: .

is that Hillman Super Minx Pick Up a factory made car or a home conversion?, I haven't seen one before and whats the tiny window in the middle of the Marina convertible all about, It looks like the one in my downstairs toilet!

Hi Trigger :) Not sure about the Super Minx, I think it could well be an original pick-up, it earns it's keep, I've seen it more often than not at the local "civic amenities site" (the Tip) unloading plenty of garden related crap, seems a useful vehicle.

The Marina is a Mumford, I believe they all get that strange little window, but (unfortunately) not a onboard toilet.

bond.jpg

:)

Mmmmm, 250cc of Mark G.

I have so got to get me an open top D type some time. I have a very blurry photo of the prototype G somewheres that Father Father Ted test drove on a shakedown road test when he worked for Sharps.

EDIT:

FYI - almost all Bond cars (up to the reliant take over) were pre registered in Preston before being shipped off to the dealer. Im going to have to hunt now for the pictures of the lorry full of Bonds I have - all sideways loaded.

[thread hijack]

17868_304386127837_667022837_3398777_873614_n.jpg

1951 Bond Works Outing (dad is towards the back on the right) Lawrie Bond is front middle

34185_413612652837_667022837_4478735_7243889_n.jpg

Bonds off for delivery - more cars for your buck on the transporter

[/thread hijcack]

Sorry :oops:

No need to apologise Father....all sinners are forgiven in the land of Shite, especially with info like that 8) .

Love to know what the story behind this ridiculous thing is?!

pieWaggon.jpg

Hi Capt H. That effort is called a Gadabout Piewagon. It is a real in some sense of that word which describes a "car".

I found it in the beer garden of a pub in Shanklin, had to pinch myself that wasn't (too) pissed, I did have a photo of the info sheet you can see attached to it, but have since deleted the photo of that sheet 1.gif. But it said summit about it was American and was imported into then UK during the 70s or owt. Bloody daft thing it was. Last time i visited the pub (any excuse) that there Piewagon had gone. :cry:

EDIT:

FYI - almost all Bond cars (up to the reliant take over) were pre registered in Preston before being shipped off to the dealer. Im going to have to hunt now for the pictures of the lorry full of Bonds I have - all sideways loaded.

My Mk C Family was London registered in 1954 - SGP 6**

It'll get to see the light of day when we move!

EDIT:

FYI - almost all Bond cars (up to the reliant take over) were pre registered in Preston before being shipped off to the dealer.

My Mk C Family was London registered in 1954 - SGP 6**

It was a Lawrie thing, he was fiercely proud of Preston and wanted the cars to go out with Preston numbers. Im sure some dealers insisted otherwise, and proud or not he wouldnt chuck away a sale.

Anyway, have another gratuitous bond shot from dads album:

34185_413612662837_667022837_4478737_1722453_n.jpg

VDL687Y made me smile;I always appreciate a Sierra Ghia,especially the early ones. I always wondered why Isle of Wight vehicles survived better than mainland ones - your mechanics must be extra cautious when it comes to anti-corrosion treatment,and your councils less heavy with salt in winter to rot the cars to death.

Cheers for a great selection of photo's