Found on the bins. A spotted thread

dozeydustman

1 hour ago, Coprolalia said:

The AEC Matador and BMC FG recovery a few pages back are @legasoil96's old man. Not sure if he still pops in here to be fair.

They do scrap with the FG and something else (used to be an old Leyland), and french vintage materiél runs.

Top shiters.

Edit. Evidence:

Still in service I cannot verify; they were sitting quite a distance from me seemingly abandoned 100+ yards from me in the grounds of a clay pigeon shoot in Ebernoe, near Petworth.

I grew up in Tillington, round the corner from those chaps. They used to have a yard in River but moved to their new site a few years ago.

The BMC and Matador are still in use, they post a bit on Facebook. Some years they're at Northchapel steam fayre. 

They're working vehicles, not show queens, and @legasoil96 may tell you more, but he doesn't post much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, barrett said:

Are those Austin A70s? Rare beasts! This is a great thread - you're lucky that you get to poke your snout down private lanes that are off-limits to the non-professional spotter such as myself

I believe they are A70s in that barn. I may be back doing work from home with my risk assessment and route optimising project next week so I had better make the most of these opportunities!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 1:59 PM, Rovorsche said:

Conference calls are boring things, in attempt to avoid lapsing into REM state sleep I went digging for more info on this

932E37F1-71AF-4B70-9646-4BA11ED53CC2.jpeg.6394c4fa4b5cc35ad955b7ba36261648.jpeg

Dvla shows it as 1585cc.
Google(other forms of search tracking are available) suggests this isnt a BMC engine.

More digging took place

This appears to have a beautifully done Fiat transplant under the bonnet

Good Wood Breakfast Club 2011 March Tax Exempt Morris Minor Hot Rod Engine Detail Shot

6613808889_bf623d8ac3_c.jpgMorris Minor by greeneggsnsam, on Flickr

Having another peruse through this thread, I keep re-reading this post hoping it has changed to details of the Sherpa in the background

• 3 weeks later...