DirtyDaily antics. 4.4 L322 2006

DirtyDaily

1 hour ago, DirtyDaily said:

Just seen the rest of Dundee. Nevermind.

I used to 'skirt' Dundee.... Drive towards town, then left at lights.... Onward to GSK Montrose.

Quite a 'day out' from Newcastle 🚀😮👍

23 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

I used to 'skirt' Dundee.... Drive towards town, then left at lights.... Onward to GSK Montrose.

Quite a 'day out' from Newcastle 🚀😮👍

6 minutes ago, loserone said:

I think that's an offence now boss.

To be fair, up skirting Dundee is quite an accurate description, assuming the view is of 28 year old granny pants that used to be white and have been washed 4 times in total.

49 minutes ago, DirtyDaily said:

Just got to the hotel in Durham now. 5am start. Two shiters met. One range rover bought. One leg unraised. One tired boi. The journey continues tomorrow!

Has it broken yet?????

Has it broken yet?????
Not more than it already was!
It's in fine fettle other than reversing camera needs sorting, cigarette lighter/charging port needs sorting, needs some discs and pads, service plus a ball joint. Other than this I think it should be good to do some work but I haven't looked underneath it yet...
The jaguar drive line however I believe is a very strong one. I've had several of these engines, they don't leak, they don't break, they give decent economy (when in an x350) so my optimism is very high. I'm sure land rover can put that right.

11 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Exactly how many customers does a train driver personally interact with on a daily basis?

Quite a few. Walking to/from the train, when changing ends, walking to next bit of the job etc, we see plenty of passengers. It’s also because we work with the Guard so a sense of good customer service is needed.

10 hours ago, 83C said:

Quite a few. Walking to/from the train, when changing ends, walking to next bit of the job etc, we see plenty of passengers. It’s also because we work with the Guard so a sense of good customer service is needed.

Agreed..... Perfect 2nd job for a *window cleaner!

*good with ladders/heights 🤣

IMG_20231229_100219.jpg

Day 73.
Final day of this trip. Only 2.5 hours left to go so will be a short trip. May get it cleaned and valeted though today so I'll post pictures of it looking it's opulent best! Also I need a name. I was thinking maybe Roger. Ideas on a postcard please.

And we're home. Weather here in sunny stockport is gash.
But to round up the car, got here faultless and the MPG figures are in and I've figured out the eco mode.
The gearbox very regularly changes down for hills etc which I suspect is very kind on the engine but not so kind on the MPG. The picture below shows the economy when I held the car manually in 6th for the last 50 miles going up and down the Shap (m62). The 20mpg is from saabnuts drive to my house. I filled it up near Dundee, I've done 360 miles and it's got a quarter of a tank left. Realistically that's not bad for a 3 ton v8 in a rush. Until the last 50 miles I was making progress mainly on back roads as I went via Durham. The car handled it great.
Very happy with it and makes the 3 day excursion worth it.
8th and last car purchase of 2023, I think this will be sticking around for a good while! Thanks for tagging along everyone!PXL_20231229_143517921~2.jpgPXL_20231229_145012194.jpg

Wel done for this thread. I admire your fortitude for battling on against adversity here. The train network at the moment seems to be very broken. I have always admired these Range Rovers. They really do look a nice place to sit. The engines on these, as far as I know, have a good reputation for longevity. Best of luck with it and enjoy. 

Congrats - job jobbed! Admirable persistence.
25 mpg would make me happy driving that to be honest (my last V8 'classic' RR would barely reach double figures). I may have to leave my screen open at your mpg image and say things like "Look, better than a P38" - t'missus would maybe* fall for that ploy.

A name will announce itself at some point - my wife usually does those honours for us - sometimes takes a day or two.

Thanks chaps. There was a definite time crunch going on so persistence had to prevail. Been putting it to use the last couple of days. Getting it a full valet today so should be looking it's opulent best!

When I got rid of my 545 I quietly acknowledged to myself that I wouldn't have another V8 as a daily.

Sadly even 50 + mpg and £35 road tax of my insignia cannot make up for the smoothness of a bent eight.

So I may have another V8. But it will have to be reasonably cheap.

That is looking good. 25mpg on a run is good in these. We get about 28mpg touring, about 24mpg around town and I can squeeze 30mpg at a steady 70 out of the 3.0 X Type. I get around 17mpg out of the 110 V8. On a run. Around town? Never check. Not good to see a grown man cry. 😁

I like this model of Range Rover, rather better looking than a P38 but with the same cross country credentials. I do think you may as well buy a V8, the iconic Range Rover engine. 

I prefer the interior and exterior styling on these compared to later versions more practical, less luxurious.