Grizz’s OCD Awesome ASTRO Van 🚙 Peugeot 206 CC à vendre 🐸

grizz

42 minutes ago, kevins said:

Any idea what''s wrong with the 1st class stamp?  or are the post office after finding new ways of screwing people over now they can't take it off postmasters anymore?

No idea. 

19 minutes ago, Jenson Velcro said:

New stamps now come with a bar code

The type on your letter is the old type and not now accepted. It was reasonably well publicised before the switchover.

7DB7C4E2-B7FE-4E0A-8255-EE43E4247408.jpeg

It would seem that I missed all of that. 

I have a load of the old stamps as well. 

Will have to take them back. 

So after the mystery of the envelope with insufficient postage, we had a confession. 

But there is a story attached to it as you will see in the pics below. 

My very good mate Fil (Sparkplug) had printed the label and posted it out. 

WITH A POSTAGE STAMP ATTACHED. 

It seems the Royal Fail (Mail for patriots) changed the cost of postage so many times that they also issued completely new postage stamps with modern barcodes. 

The obsolete stamps can/could be traded for new but clearly both Fil, me and many others were not aware. 

IMG_0939.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

So Fil posted his gift cunningly disguised with a printed envelope so I could neither recognise nor guess who from. And Royal Fail needed to get the extra few pennies postage had gone up in the mean time, sending out a card to say my tax for the transgression was to be paid before they re delivered. Bastards in any language. 

ECBBB4E7-2C36-48C3-8DF6-1A9BA8C68ABF.jpe

D7FFBAF5-22B8-4E83-AB36-932CBB11612C.jpe

So now at least the next keeper will know when the service was done and what was dealt with. 

IMG_0701.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit
IMG_0700.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

I doubt they even use it, they certainly don't use the postcode, there is a similar named road to ours on the other side of town (only vaguely similar in that the second word is close ) postcodes are completely different, all the other couriers get it right but once or twice a month the post office get it wrong, give it back to them and it can be a month before it turns up, we are on first name terms with the other house now!

19 hours ago, kevins said:

I doubt they even use it, they certainly don't use the postcode, there is a similar named road to ours on the other side of town (only vaguely similar in that the second word is close ) postcodes are completely different, all the other couriers get it right but once or twice a month the post office get it wrong, give it back to them and it can be a month before it turns up, we are on first name terms with the other house now!

My local guys, Dan, gets it right. 

He makes the Post Office look good. 

I have historically received post from America from strangers who stitched together an address with almost no information.  

I think that as a corporation, the company is very corporate. That’s their failure 

What rear wheel drive, chassis UK cars run a 91” wheelbase and has around 60” width. 

Yes….. for a rebody with a monocoque style 1970 MG B Roadster body.

Thank you guys. 

I have to actually rethink this thing. 

Having built the Rezin Rockit I loved the process but once done….. I lose interest. 

The Astro van is possibly a better option to spend cash on. 

See below. 

So with winter interfering with some of the projects and progress of my random toys including selling some to make space, well, to regain space, rain, cold, storms have distracted me. 

So back to the Astro van, which is still a “keeper” unless someone else wants it more than me. 

33 years old and in amazing condition overall and only done 78k registered miles means that I have to look after it and continue to improve it. 

One of a multitude of challenges and repairs I want to affect is replacing the expensive rear door seals. 

Original reproductions are available. But when you add US Taxes, import duty, shipping and then UK VAT to it the expensive $340.90 base price, increases to an eye watering total. 

So getting a look at alternatives makes sense but unlikely to happen. 

Current status is as per pics below. 
Certainly not fully sealed anymore it allows condensation to build as well. 
This does not reduce the value but makes me want to improve it. 

IMG_1508.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit
B8D1D49D-0D7A-4ED5-A0A6-E1224BBB50C5.jpe
FA088FD2-66C6-4ECF-B737-F34068CAD21D.jpe
IMG_8139.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit
IMG_1545.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

So now I need a suitcase space and baggage allowance in order to make it more affordable. 

What we need. 

IMG_0953.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0950.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit
IMG_0951.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Always money headed out ehhh. 

But worth doing?? 

Defnitely, if you have condensation inside van, moisture is getting in which eventually will lead to rust (don't ask what "eventually" equates to ! it's about the same as the length of a piece of string) 😇 🙂

8 minutes ago, Westbay said:

Defnitely, if you have condensation inside van, moisture is getting in which eventually will lead to rust (don't ask what "eventually" equates to ! it's about the same as the length of a piece of string) 😇 🙂

Certainly gets water through the rear doors when washing and hosing it down. 

Much better fixed 

The doors close in the same order as the VW T5, there are also similar looking sections of the door rubber/mouldings at the corners of the doors.

Would it be worth finding someone with a T5 you could get them side by side and examine how similar they are and whether or not something could be made to work? Stuff for T5's is pretty cheap by comparison.

glad to see youre continuing this thread, I rarely post, either here, or the other place, but i always very much enjoy reading your ramblings (meant in a polite sense!!)

Hope you have some luck with the job hunt soon, and in the mean time, carry on playing with toys whilst youve got the time!! :)

On 22/01/2024 at 12:53, Carl1981 said:

The doors close in the same order as the VW T5, there are also similar looking sections of the door rubber/mouldings at the corners of the doors.

Would it be worth finding someone with a T5 you could get them side by side and examine how similar they are and whether or not something could be made to work? Stuff for T5's is pretty cheap by comparison.

Great idea. 

I will certainly investigate 

On 22/01/2024 at 14:22, sasquar said:

glad to see youre continuing this thread, I rarely post, either here, or the other place, but i always very much enjoy reading your ramblings (meant in a polite sense!!)

Hope you have some luck with the job hunt soon, and in the mean time, carry on playing with toys whilst youve got the time!! :)

Thank you very much. 
Compliment accepted. 

Was having a birthday chat with a former colleague and friend this morning. 

His reply at the bottom illustrates how the pharmaceutical industry works. 

IMG_4729.png

On 22/01/2024 at 14:38, kevins said:

there are a wide variety of self adhesive seals available on Ebay for not much money,  I've used them to add to or replace leaking / damaged seals in the past.

Thanks Kevin

I will look at alternatives. 

My wallet dictates that. 

7 minutes ago, grizz said:

Thank you very much. 
Compliment accepted. 

Was having a birthday chat with a former colleague and friend this morning. 

His reply at the bottom illustrates how the pharmaceutical industry works. 

IMG_4729.png

🤞🤞🤞

39 minutes ago, grizz said:

I have decided to put the Green Peugeot 206 CC back in the market as it truly is surplus now the Caddy is doing what it needs to do. 

Last page

PM if interested please  

and I didn't even get to go for a drive in it!!  Good luck with the sale!

Some days 

Some days do start well. 

This pic taken at 7.45 out the window with my iPhone, no filter before sunrise made me smile. 

Amazing what nature can do. 

IMG_0971_nV2TpMxAEijpBHbds5aC9K.jpeg?wid

Same evening I moved the Astro and Peugeot away from the fence as there was a storm and winds were up to 100mph or 160km/h 

Next morning 4 panels blown out and another damaged further up. 

Glad I went out at 10.00pm to move them as damage would really have angered me.  

IMG_4697.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

And during the day I received three unused batteries and a charger (free for cost of postage) for the action camera @nickwheeler gave me last year for my YouTube channel movies. 

IMG_0967.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

George being George, 

Loves chocolate and will steal or insist on trying to get some when he can. 

I let him have part of a Toblerone mountain to himself, the rest goes in the bin. 

IMG_0968.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

In other news, keeping busy, there is always work to be done. 

Plum tree never got pruned in Autumn so did that. 

Fell off the ladder while pruning the tree in October 22 but landed well by luck. 

So I decided to cut it back real hard this year, robbing the wood pigeons of their nesting tree where they fledge two lot of chicks each year. 

FBCF977C-3467-43F7-BFE2-016D42D56DEF.jpe

Next job, cut up all the thin stuff with a hedge trimmer and cut logs for the fireplace. 

1D1DCB59-287B-4F2E-91C5-07B3BEA23338.jpe

Today is a good day, breezy but said to be up to 12’C 

Maybe take the Astro out for shopping. 

LATER: Took the Caddy.  Perfect.  

Greetings Grizz, had to follow you and your ramblings. Yet again you seem to be intent on spending money before investigating the free/cheap options.  I am talking about your door seals, there are quite a few things to do brfore dipping into your pocket. 

Are the seals still pliable or do they need reconditioning?  

Are the doors closing properly? First door closes tight to the body, no wear in the catches, when closed can you push it in further

Second door, does it close tight to the first one and does it match the shape, not bent out at the top or bottom

Are you sure its the doors leaking not the lights

A simple way to check door closing is a strip of paper, shut it in the door and try sliding it around, if it slides, seal not closing to body

Ttfn Glenn 

On 25/01/2024 at 10:03, 93fxdl said:

Greetings Grizz, had to follow you and your ramblings. Yet again you seem to be intent on spending money before investigating the free/cheap options.  I am talking about your door seals, there are quite a few things to do brfore dipping into your pocket. 

Are the seals still pliable or do they need reconditioning?  

Are the doors closing properly? First door closes tight to the body, no wear in the catches, when closed can you push it in further

Second door, does it close tight to the first one and does it match the shape, not bent out at the top or bottom

Are you sure its the doors leaking not the lights

A simple way to check door closing is a strip of paper, shut it in the door and try sliding it around, if it slides, seal not closing to body

Ttfn Glenn 

Morning Glenn

Thank you, yes I need to leave the toxicity as my tolerance for bullying had been exceeded. Opinions may vary. 

Had a few comments about the rear door seals on the van. 

Took a few pics to illustrate what I have to work with. 

Based in part on the insane prices of the seals, finding a matching profile to use or actually rebuilding parts, like this corner with the original piece and some silicone to recreate the profile, we may be in business. 

IMG_0978.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

IMG_0977.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

The left hand, first to close door uses pins to secure and locate that door also an upper rain rail and seal in place. 

IMG_0981.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

IMG_0980.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Some parts of the seal obviously are a tight fit. 

IMG_0979.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

I will look at all of this in order to seal and repair all of what is needed. 

Once again a nice way to start the day. 

IMG_0985.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Plan is to wash and clean the van today and use it tomorrow for a breakfast meeting up near Gravesend for American cars. 

Roads are clean again and as I refuse to drive the van on salted, gritted and wet roads, trying to look after it.  

Maybe a few pics too.