Sunday Collection Action

Schaefft

10 minutes ago, grogee said:

Is it going to be German? Safe travels up north, it's wild country up there. 

It is indeed.

In fact, a lot of this journey might appear like a deja Vu to some.

York achieved. Still further to go.

Edit: the train is completely packed now. I have to switch trains in Doncaster from where I couldn't even book a seat. Gotta love public transport.

IMG_20220327_103211.jpg

29 minutes ago, HMC said:

Passat w8

Would be an interesting choice. Would prefer a V8 Phaeton over the W8 Passat though, not much more troublesome and worlds apart in refinement. They also used to build them about 30mins from my hometown.

Just arrived in Grantham. As you can tell, we are approaching the deep south. Slowly getting hungry now, too.

39 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

This is still not clarified, the seller says that he might not be around and his dad will sell the car now if he can't make it.

With that being said, we made it to that there London!

We all know what that means... ULEZ refugee!

IMG_20220327_142132.jpg

Extra points for bird in flight shot..

43 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

So, just arrived. Turns out the cats are missing, they welded in two pipes instead. Got it for 700 less than advertised, let's see if I made a mistake.

2 previous owners, couple of things that need doing but the wheels alone are 300. Not sure why I do this.😂

Look at the picture of it above. That's why you do it. Fit as fuck 👏

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By NorthernMonkey
      Yes, I admit it. I have a problem. Far too many problems, in fact, and all four wheeled.
      Unfortunately, I also have a fully equipped workshop, plenty of parking spaces and a fully comprehensive trader’s policy, all of which combine to only facilitate my problem.
      Here we go again….
    • By Flat4
      So on the weekend where we have panic buying of fuel, I'm doing the sensible thing and buying a car. And one that will drink fuel....
      First mode of transport today was the V70 with Al twittering about the Proton Savvy and how if I'm having another car, then so is he...Fair enough but I think you'll soon see how different our tastes in cars is lol
      2nd mode of transport today -

This has required a bit of faffing to co-ordinate due to RMT strikes on Sundays for the foreseeable.
      This could be fun....
    • By Supernaut
      Hey all, long time no collection thread from me (I bought the Saab 10 months ago now! Time flies!).
      Let's take this opportunity to introduce a new member to the forum, @Saltyscotsman. He's been thinking about getting something shite for a while, and now is the time.
      This is going to be one hell of an introduction, too.

A few days ago now, a Mitsubishi Galant was posted in the ebay thread by @Ghosty.  This one, to be precise.
      It looked nice. 1990 H, in blue, with low miles and a very clean MOT history. However the last MOT (which was spotlessly clean) was in 2018.
      The car is also located in Surrey. Both @Saltyscotsman and I are in the vicinity of Aberdeen.

The following happened on our small discord server:

Thus, we now have a car that hasn't had an MOT since 2018 sitting in Surrey, which needs to get back to Ellon, roughly 12 miles or so north of Aberdeen.
      At this point, we contacted @worldofceri to get some figures.
      Then, @rantingYoof bravely volunteered his driveway in the Northampton area, and his services in driving it to an MOT garage.

This means the plan so far is to get Ceri to transport it to Yoof's driveway then Yoof will take it to a garage while being wired money for any work it may or may not need. Then, Salt and I will likely get a flight to Birmingham, get picked up by Yoof, then drive the Galant north.
      I'm providing assistance due to my previous experience in stupid collections and my diary being completely empty for the next couple of weeks.

Did I mention this is utterly, utterly stupid?
      The last time I did the Northampton - Aberdeen run was in late 2015 in that Lexus LS400 after another friend (now living in Oregon since late 2016) bought it from @rantingYoof so at least it was a known car. I think @dome, @320touring, @dollywobbler and a few others also know that car. That was done overnight on empty motorways in a time of about 9 hours. This will be done with roughly 1/3rd of the power* in a totally unknown car during a global pandemic. WCPGW?!
      *The carb-fed 1.8 in these Galants apparently makes about 85hp. So it'll be slower than either of my 1990s shitboxes. Fun times.

As a thread is useless without pictures:

Nice, isn't it?
      Doesn't help my nerves, though.

The timescale so far is for Ceri to collect it on Wednesday the 21st, so no movement as of yet. This thread is just being put here to keep everything in one place.
      Live updates will hopefully follow at the tail-end of the week!
    • By Cord Fourteener
      What's going on?
      Its early Sunday morning.
      What time is it?
      Is that time. Why am I up early on Sunday morning?
      I'm working
      marshalling a rally
      Taking the kids to a club

Only idiots and shitters post breakfast pictures on social media. 
      Oh yes, that's it,
      I'm about to collect shite from the opposite end of the country.
      (Tea and breakfast are mot made yet)

• By 2MB
      It’s been a while but the familiar ache/burn got too much and I gave in again. For context I was bidding on a certain vehicle on eBay in early August, missed out on winning it by a fiver or something and called it a draw. As we all know this feeling of nonchalance manifests itself in a desire to do better next time. I put it down to be being the wrong time for such things, seeing as though child number 3 was due to be born in about 60 days’ time. With that in mind, and the feeling of freedom of the first day free from work and/or childcare since March  I put my pushbike on the train, rode it a few stops and  got out at Leeds urban bike park, where I was having a lovely time until I decided to have one more go at a set of jumps. The ground came out of nowhere and twatted me goodstyle in various places, mainly my left (dominant) arm which broke either side of the elbow. 
      None of this matters a great deal but today finds me able to drive again and having won a subsequent eBay auction for a similar vehicle. The first part of the journey is on foot, in to the depths of Ravensthorpe no less