ShiteHire?

Cord Fourteener

2 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

I'm thinking more of a shiters log that shows where we are, if we are often likely to be travelling a certain route (for shitely) or are skilled in a particular thing / likely to have some shite for sale etc. So more of a generic database, and it could also show of any spare vehicles and / or available storage spaces.

So for instance, mine would read:

The Doctor / skills = none / cars = depends on the day of the week / travels = Essex area, sometimes Kent / available space = 1 (if roadworthy) 

It would be a reasonably live thing, perhaps on Google sheets with a password, and it would evolve over time.. 

Just my thoughts. 

Could be interesting. In France I think La Vie de la Auto publishes a database list each year by Department of enthusiasts who would come to the assistance of other enthusiasts  - I think it is in the public demesne so it is open to abuse I suppose. 

2 hours ago, Wingz123 said:

In Spain the car is insured and whoeever drives it is covered regardless.....that's how it should be. 

I'll be buying an old shitter when I return to Spain, which will be made available to anyone from AS.

It's as easy as can be because of what Wingz says.

11 hours ago, loserone said:

Indeed, I was actually thinking of OuiCar.

I tried to use blabla car. I have the App - I found it useless as it wanted absolutely specific time, dates and locations for travel (I wanted to get a  lift Paris to London) when I just wanted to look what was about on a range of dates and I was pretty flexible. All the specific dates I was prompted to had nothing available. I took the bus in the end for €28. 

17 hours ago, Sealtainn said:

I remember there being something on TV years ago about a company called Rent-A-Wreck and the guy was driving a yellow Mk4 Cortina Estate that looked absolutely hanging ?

25 years ago

i feel old

different times, different insurance era too