eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Super rare opportunity alert! 1991 Toyota Celsior, just a year older than mine. Despite not having been on the road for a decade this really deserves saving. It'll probably clean up much better than mine. In fact I already sent the seller a message before checking the vin. Unfortunately a different paint code or I would have bought it just to swap some bits over into mine.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1769116673549634/

Screenshot_2023-11-25-22-46-21-691_com.facebook.katana-edit.jpg

• Like 3

spacer.png

Possibly the most flowery language I've ever seen in a used car advert...

Vehicle description
A Cherished Piece of Family History Seeks a New Loving Home

In 1994, a gleaming Audi 2. 0 E Sport rolled into the life of my beloved grandmother, becoming a symbol of her independence, spirit, and love for the open road. For years, this trusty steed faithfully carried her through countless adventures, its engine humming in harmony with her vibrant spirit.

As time gently wove its tapestry, my grandmother's driving days drew to a close, and the Audi settled into a cherished role as the family's backup car. Despite its reduced use, it remained meticulously garaged and serviced, its sleek lines and understated elegance a constant reminder of the joy it had brought to our lives.

Over the past six years, the Audi has patiently awaited its next chapter, its once-familiar hum replaced by a quiet longing for the thrill of the open road. Being driven less than 2000 miles in the past twelve months, it yearns for a new adventure, a new heart to connect with.

Today, with a tinge of bittersweet emotion, we seek a loving home for this automotive gem. This Audi isn't just a car; it's a time capsule, a tangible piece of family history that whispers tales of my grandmother's zest for life.

We envision a buyer who appreciates the finer things in life, someone who understands the value of a well-maintained classic. Someone who will cherish the Audi's timeless elegance and treat it with the respect it deserves.

Accompanied by a fresh year's MOT, this Audi stands ready to embark on new journeys, to create fresh memories, and to bring joy to another family. It's time for a new chapter, a new adventure, and we invite you to be a part of it.

Vehicle History
Here are some reasons why buyers will love the Audi 2. 0 E Sport:

It is a well-maintained classic car with a rich history.
It has been garaged all its life and has always been serviced at the same place.
It has a low mileage of less than 2, 000 miles in the past 12 months.
It comes with a fresh year's MOT.
It is a timeless and elegant car that is sure to turn heads.
It is a reliable and practical car that is perfect for everyday use.
It is a unique car that is sure to appreciate in value over time.
I believe that it is a great value for the price, and I am confident that it will bring joy to its new owner.

What makes the Audi 2. 0 E Sport stand out from other cars is its combination of classic design, modern features, and reliability. It is a car that is sure to turn heads and impress everyone who sees it.

My favourite thing about it is its timeless elegance. It is a car that will never go out of style. I also love the way it drives. It is a smooth and comfortable ride that is perfect for long journeys. Whenever out in it, I get comments from passers-by. Even my similar age M3 doesn't get nearly as many comments!

I reckon he sat there in the dark and wanked himself off as he wrote that...

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Super rare opportunity alert! 1991 Toyota Celsior, just a year older than mine. Despite not having been on the road for a decade this really deserves saving. It'll probably clean up much better than mine. In fact I already sent the seller a message before checking the vin. Unfortunately a different paint code or I would have bought it just to swap some bits over into mine.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1769116673549634/

I have a spare set of the all-important Mk1 15" alloy wheels if anyone wants to take it on.

7 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Meanwhile, here's one for @Spottedlaureland @lesapandre!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1300071317345574/

For either of these, save them before the banger racers get them!

Screenshot_2023-11-25-22-49-16-817_com.facebook.katana-edit.jpg

My goodness, the days of buying knackered £25 Laurel C32s that could be got back on the road seem to be long gone. TBH, even if that particular one was £25 I still wouldn't buy it, because reasons.

13 hours ago, GR8 PL8 M8 said:

spacer.png

Possibly the most flowery language I've ever seen in a used car advert...

I reckon he sat there in the dark and wanked himself off as he wrote that...

spacer.png

I think that's AI generated text, given the amount of hyperbole. 

He still deserves flaming dogshit bag through letterbox for unleashing that text onto the Internet. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Very crunchy misery spec BX at the Scottish seaside. Mot history full of words like, serious corrosion, extensive welding, deformed structure.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335128512825?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xiRMGpneSYy&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=xypGSnHgQ7K&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

IMG_0845.png

IMG_0844.png

5 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

Pending marker has gone if anyone was interested!

image.png.c7223574e0be74724039b70402c19bfa.png

The guy pinged me back just after 2pm to say he'd definitely sold it (which was decent of him).
I reckon you chanced on the ad as he was changing the moniker?

6 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

image.png.c7223574e0be74724039b70402c19bfa.png

The guy pinged me back just after 2pm to say he'd definitely sold it (which was decent of him).
I reckon you chanced on the ad as he was changing the moniker?

Possibly, shame! Someone’s got a bargain. Would have been keen myself had timing been better.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.cb2456691848994b7d1c04419f3ffa27.png

peugeot 106 cars | eBay

'no MOT wouldn't take much to put though'

image.thumb.png.0c2735260bae04ad1b57068c011fb0ba.png

image.png.3ea8b1a3bc4bdf81eb317bc188b35aee.png

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Nearside Rear Brake pipe excessively corroded too wheel cylinder (1.1.11 (c))

image.png.162ce015cd3a5a9166e95c2b3419ba48.png

• Offside Front Inner Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (6.1.7 (g) (ii))

image.png.33cfc543c2fe6b592c975e840ea22eda.png

• Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength (5.3.6 (a) (i))

'110.000 on clock'

Date tested
9 January 2023
FAIL
Mileage
94,878 miles

2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Listed as 4.2 V8, I thought they always had a 4.2 XK straight six!

Haggle him down- it’s lost two cylinders and a V!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Think this may have been owned by Jonathon Ross. It looks wubbish, anyhow.

No it’s faded glamour, shabby weddings R US. Quick race to the church before the rust moths get it.

• Like 2