eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

20 hours ago, Asimo said:

50 years ago  I worked in a petrol station and one of these was the only Diesel car we ever saw.

Want, in a sort of morbid-curiosity kind of way.

€2900 https://www.custojusto.pt/aveiro/veiculos/carros-usados/sedan/morris-oxford-37993665

Screenshot2023-10-02at12_49_43.thumb.png.e38f0e996cdda771f577b1a06377ded2.png

Just 40 horsepower.

Screenshot2023-10-02at12_50_21.thumb.png.8666db3581dfe338f14bbea59dc93ea9.png

Screenshot2023-10-02at12_49_59.thumb.png.de30fed00ecf653f195cce3eb13a1335.png

Looking round I think there are possibly more Farinas left on the Iberian Peninsula than in the UK these days. 

To get round problems with the Franco dictatorship and import/currency restrictions from 1963 -1975 BMC  established a joint venture in Spain to produce BMC/BLMC cars under licence - 'AUTHI' - 'Automoviles de Turismo Hispano-Ingleses' (Spanish-English Tourism Automobiles).

The plant was in Pamplona - and ended up with VW eventually after BL pulled the plug. VW produce a lot of cars there now - 288.088 vehicles in 2022 (154.151 T-Cross, 36.946 Polo and 96.991 Taigo). 

I'm not sure how much these Farinas/ AUTHI's were CKD and how much local content.

The diesel was a good idea - but woefully underdeveloped. It was the kind of thing Mercedes made a big success with the Ponton and successors for the taxi trade and 3rd world markets. 

23 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Modern Misery . 3 grand Fiat Tipo Saloon. 

Fiat tipo

Feel the quality

Fiat tipo

https://www.gumtree.com/p/fiat/fiat-tipo/1466918691

Got me looking at them. Pretty grim but tbf I'd have one over a Dacia anyday.

This is a Cat N. Spot the perfectly* colour matched repair. Tbf it might be like that out of the factory.

Presumably a 1.4 n/a FIRE that is no ball of fire in something this heavy. 

s-l1200.webp

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374939050545

30 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Modern Misery . 3 grand Fiat Tipo Saloon. 

Fiat tipo

Feel the quality

Fiat tipo

https://www.gumtree.com/p/fiat/fiat-tipo/1466918691

I'm more of a saloon fan than most people, but I really can't understand why Fiat even bothered selling these over here, given that the number of people who would want one would be in single figures.

In any case, that's extremely cheap for anything with a 69 reg.

2 minutes ago, Brodders said:

I'm more of a saloon fan than most people, but I really can't understand why Fiat even bothered selling these over here given that the number of people who would want one would be in single figures.

I had no idea you could get them here as a saloon 

11 minutes ago, SiC said:

Got me looking at them. Pretty grim but tbf I'd have one over a Dacia anyday.

This is a Cat N. Spot the perfectly* colour matched repair. Tbf it might be like that out of the factory.

Presumably a 1.4 n/a FIRE that is no ball of fire in something this heavy. 

s-l1200.webp

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374939050545

Bloody hell that’s some colour match 

4 minutes ago, Brodders said:

I'm more of a saloon fan than most people, but I really can't understand why Fiat even bothered selling these over here, given that the number of people who would want one would be in single figures.

Possibly RHD for the Irish market as they love saloons. Can't imagine it'll make much difference in initial production costs to make RHD saloon when there is a RHD hatch and estate.

4 minutes ago, SiC said:

Possibly RHD for the Irish market as they love saloons. Can't imagine it'll make much difference in initial production costs to make RHD saloon when there is a RHD hatch and estate.

Quite possibly, especially with A.C's form for bringing Irish stuff over here, but quite an oddity.

Anyway, it's gone already, so someone must have been keen for it to sell within a few hours.

1 hour ago, Brodders said:

When my son bought his Tipo hatchback in 2020 as a hugely discounted unsold pre-registered 2017 model with delivery miles only, we had seen a few adverts from UK dealers trying to dispose of  selling brand new RHD white Tipo saloons which we had not realised were a thing. The previous 'Tipo' saloon was called a Tempra.  Clearly, Fiat could not be bothered to have Tempra badges manufactured this time.

He part exchanged his Tipo a few months ago after a totally reliable, very economical (diesel), comfortable  but somewhat boring 3  years of ownership.  

Edited by RayMK
error: pre registered in 2019 but an unsold 2017 model