eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

16 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

This is a rare beast - C Class koop with the 3.5 V6.  Sadly it's being sold by Sterling Cars so it'll be shilled up to double its worth and then relisted with no explanation.

s-l1600.jpg

The superimposed showroom background always makes me chuckle.

5 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Had a video chat with the seller, it appears to be pretty rough. Rust on both front arches and the driver door. Rear bumper needs a respray. Bunch of lights on the dash, cluster had been replaced before. Also exhaust got replaced, cats are missing. No MOT now.

It's clearly been loved for a long time but as usual, the last two owners didn't give it the attention it needed and it just seems to have gotten neglected. The owner knows of the faults and wants the car to be in good hands but the ad is not telling the whole story, otherwise I would have bought it.

Naturally he already got a million messages from the typical drift/banger racing/engine donor idiots.

That's a shame really, the advert gave the impression that the rust wasn't so bad. Also, iirc missing cats weren't mentioned.

38 minutes ago, D.E said:

That's a shame really, the advert gave the impression that the rust wasn't so bad. Also, iirc missing cats weren't mentioned.

Apparently it's super clean underneath but it's impossible to confirm without being there. The front arches rust and the door will probably need replacing eventually. Naturally the cats weren't mentioned at all. However, I'm sure it can all be sorted and brought back. It seems like a clean car inside, with lots of documents proving it's been well cared for for a long time. It just doesn't make sense for me considering I already have one.

12 hours ago, D.E said:

Very cheap for any E36.

Also the number plates have been very "cleverly" removed from the ad so no hope of verifying the mileage or MOT, or anything really.

Anybody in Cambridgeshire able to have a look at it? 🤣

On 3/3/2022 at 9:03 PM, BorniteIdentity said:

Good price. Great location. Decent condition. Long MOT. I’m fairly sure that leaves y’all with few/no excuses. 

Do a buy. You won’t regret it. 

19D3E1A6-8C4C-4D8A-9926-C5D659C7DC59.jpeg

A new owner got it on the 10th of March (new log book issued) and now its back for sale for £1500 on Facebook. One month is how long it takes to get bored of how slow it it maybe? It's a diseal apparently!

Someone buy my 405 so I can get it. 😄

On 09/04/2022 at 18:59, D.E said:

Can someone here buy this so I can park my car next to it? :mrgreen:

and also so I can have a drive!

I learnt clutch control in @Zelandeth's old Riva Estate, but we never had the chance for me to take it out onto the public road

so I feel like I have some unfinished business LOL and I am really curious what one is actually like to drive on the open road :) 

9 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

Was there ever a time that that model was called S500? They were 500SEC when they came out and became CL500 some time later

It does say so on the bootlid.

s-l1600.jpg

The wise Mr. Wikipedia says:

All models were renamed in June 1993 as part of the corporate-wide nomenclature changes for 1994 model year on, becoming S regardless of wheelbase length or body style as well as fuel type. Diesel models carried a TURBODIESEL trunk/boot lid label. In 1996, the S-Class coupé was renamed again as CL-Class into its own model range.

So, the model underwent several name changes it seems.