eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

12 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Parked on pavement on double yellow lines on a French plate. Hope it's  not been here more than six months and it actually  has some reg docs.

Lovely looking thing though eh. Van reg plate shows it is from the Sarthe department (72). Never been there so have no idea of the climate in this region of France. Potentially rusty or little to no rust ?  If only i was nearer.

15 hours ago, morrisoxide said:

If it wasn't for the modern cars this picture could be from 1995. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.756a1683299b5ccbaa8242f39483eab7.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.ad8ea133273036c25c56f7824c51786f.jpg

Pop rivet special.

I'm guessing the Ford tax isn't applicable here? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133968256539?hash=item1f31215e1b:g:Pn0AAOSwSpRhvkxc

You know how when you sell a car you drive it to a nice location to take pipctures for the advert? The grounds of a local NT property or a quiet country road or whatever? I was wondering who would drive to Thamesmead in an effort to boost their sales pitch, and have come to the conclusion this is being sold be the 'travelling community' who live on the other side of the road, and I would strongly advise anyone thinking about it to leave well alone.

8 hours ago, Austat said:

If I hadn't just bought the 80, I'd make a punt for that, however, I don't think it would last very long with my outside storage 

6 hours ago, JackThrust said:

Have we had this absolute belter yet?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/635097064295359/?ref=facebook_story_share

It seems oddly familiar. Particular highlight for me is the home brew camping stove/ironing board in the boot.

...situated next to the DIY electrics and mains outlet, near the gas cannisters for the stove 🔥

3 minutes ago, DVee8 said:

What a great-looking little car these have become. Never thought I'd get enthusiastic about 90s hatchbacks but these really are sharp little things. Shame (or lucky, if you're my bank manager) about the colour and the location

4 minutes ago, barrett said:

Tell you what, if I was going to have an MGB this would be exactly the MGB I would want. Very early, Grampian grey, original red upholstery, steels and hubcaps, unmessed with and very lovely

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Loads of money, but what the hell

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165211647812

I was thinking the exact same, this one has the perfect specifications. Only think I'd change is getting rid of that badge/lamp bar.

On 12/15/2021 at 7:48 PM, MisterH said:

Yeah in my eyes its just an shameless bit of objectification in order to make a click. From an objective view also, it suggests that the seller might be trying too hard which suggests the car isn't up to scratch. What does the seat look like that she is sitting on? What sort of seller are we dealing with who is willing to do that sort of thing in the first place? 

Like you, I am also unsettled by this, just too many questions and dodgy themes 

She's just proving how good the heated seat is - it is winter you know :)

2 hours ago, Nullzwei said:

Ford Granada mk2 2 door. Never knew such a thing existed tbh. What a fine looking car. Back end looks almost Italian (Fiat 130 coupe?).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224748958227?hash=item345414f213:g:BwEAAOSwxKFhv3Up

grancoup.jpg

That's wrong.  A coupe maybe, not a 2dr saloon, surely?

5 minutes ago, Asimo said:

Not a coupe.  Wheelbase and height are the same for 2 and 4 door so the 2 door is not cut-down in any way.

Amen. When i’m President my first decree shall be that anyone (including marketing people at car companies) referring to a two-door saloon as a coupe will be placed on a register and forced to wear a metre tall, luminous yellow dunce cone on their stupid fucking head whenever they are in public. They will be barred from taking paid employment and / or receiving any form of state or charitable aid. 

Similar sanctions will be placed upon anyone referring to an estate car as a shooting brake or a longroof. In the latter case, they will also be required to shave their hair off and have the word CUNT tattooed on their stupid fucking head in case their dunce hat falls off.