eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

18 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

Would @egg please contact the K reg Mondeo hotline.

Ah that one, he keeps trying to sell it as that as LBF's unfailing memory has already noted.  I guess the market for base mondeo's is still very, very small!

Even though the number of road-worthy base (not Aspen) models is also very small.

£3,500.  V8 Ford F250.  You could probably swap this for the Granada coupe above as that's what he wants  The South Africans really seem to be selling off their toys post-covid, and the currency is weak at the moment.   Some real bargains to be had on the Facebook group: "VINTAGE & CLASSIC CARS FOR SALE IN SOUTH AFRICA FROM 1886 TO 1987"

99161045_10157775027618929_278963627728306176_n.jpg

99093104_10157775028028929_2487924600084627456_n.jpg

2 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Oh look, another attack on "Those Terrible Banger Racing Bastards". It may be the heat, it may be cabin fever, but I'm not going to let this slide, like I normally would.

Have we met? 

Would a "knucklehead" be a branch manager for a bank at the age of 28? Would he/she have numerous professional qualifications?

As to the 'shiters that I've met, did you notice my knuckles dragging on the ground? Was I wearing Rigger Boots? Was I breathing through my mouth? Did I arrive at whatever meeting point in a Ford Cargo with a hiab on the back, and proceed to lift a Horsey Horseless onto the back? The answer to all of these questions is a no....I hope.

If you want to stop "Banger Racing Knuckleheads" buying a vehicle, then bid higher. But you wouldn't know about that as you don't actually own a car.  So you sit on the sidelines wringing your hands and bleating like a new born lamb, while doing FUCK ALL about it.

If you think I'm picking on you, WOTEVS. You're just the latest in a long line of people on here with the same blinkered view. I could regale you with stories of DONATING ie giving away usable parts to owner's clubs, and actually NOT racing stuff that was deemed too interesting. But you don't want to hear that do you?

Sure, there's an element within the Banger world who are dodgy, theiving moral-free shitbags. But that's the same in REAL life, and tarring everyone with the same brush can get one into a lot of trouble, and is discriminatory, at best.

Just so I’m clear, sweeping generalisations are wrong, but a direct personal attack like this is ok?

Just checking.

Boy howdy! 

s-l1600.jpg

Straight 6 lump with no power brakes, I'm guessing no power steering.

But do not fret look at the dog dish caps and the picnic table seat cover, then look again it's a wagon.

Rock Auto will be your best friend forever, and you will get loads of free fridge magnets. :grin:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1965-FORD-COUNTRY-SEDAN-STATION-WAGON/202997963857?hash=item2f439f1c51:g:oVMAAOSw1VRexsVK

3 hours ago, morrisoxide said:

Boy howdy! 

s-l1600.jpg

Straight 6 lump with no power brakes, I'm guessing no power steering.

But do not fret look at the dog dish caps and the picnic table seat cover, then look again it's a wagon.

Rock Auto will be your best friend forever, and you will get loads of free fridge magnets. :grin:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1965-FORD-COUNTRY-SEDAN-STATION-WAGON/202997963857?hash=item2f439f1c51:g:oVMAAOSw1VRexsVK

I wish I had the money to have that.
Straight six, fine, I ain't no V8 snob. 

6 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Oh look, another attack on "Those Terrible Banger Racing Bastards". It may be the heat, it may be cabin fever, but I'm not going to let this slide, like I normally would.

Have we met? 

Would a "knucklehead" be a branch manager for a bank at the age of 28? Would he/she have numerous professional qualifications?

As to the 'shiters that I've met, did you notice my knuckles dragging on the ground? Was I wearing Rigger Boots? Was I breathing through my mouth? Did I arrive at whatever meeting point in a Ford Cargo with a hiab on the back, and proceed to lift a Horsey Horseless onto the back? The answer to all of these questions is a no....I hope.

If you want to stop "Banger Racing Knuckleheads" buying a vehicle, then bid higher. But you wouldn't know about that as you don't actually own a car.  So you sit on the sidelines wringing your hands and bleating like a new born lamb, while doing FUCK ALL about it.

If you think I'm picking on you, WOTEVS. You're just the latest in a long line of people on here with the same blinkered view. I could regale you with stories of DONATING ie giving away usable parts to owner's clubs, and actually NOT racing stuff that was deemed too interesting. But you don't want to hear that do you?

Sure, there's an element within the Banger world who are dodgy, theiving moral-free shitbags. But that's the same in REAL life, and tarring everyone with the same brush can get one into a lot of trouble, and is discriminatory, at best.

My apologies if I upset you. I guess I have negative associations with banger racing due to the continuous use of Granada MK1/2s in classic meets. I don't despise banger racing all together, but the classic meets & pre-1970 stuff I find quite depressing, because yes you could argue that the cars used were rotten in some areas, however most of the time they're not rotten beyond repair, poor structural integrity isn't something you want on the Oval. If they were rotten, there are still some body panels that could be donated to car clubs as you say but instead are welded together and smashed on the oval.

About "bidding higher", it's impossible for me to save anything as I live in southern Australia and I'm currently preparing for end-of-year exams at the moment, but there are other people who would to have better accessibility to restoration projects. I'd like to get a driving license so I can have a motor of my own, but I'm to busy preparing for upcoming exams and other assessment tasks. I'm very happy that I joined the AS community as it's helped me establish solidarity with others who are interested in underrated old cars, whilst all my school colleagues isolate themselves to do study like I'm doing at the moment, so I apologies if I've upset you, I don't want to sour the connections between fellow AS interlocutors. 

On 5/22/2020 at 4:07 AM, Volksy said:

I wish I had the money to have that.
Straight six, fine, I ain't no V8 snob. 

Me too, and I AM a V8 snob!  I've always wanted a station wagon though, and this is more or less an archetype!  And just look at that patina, it's priceless.  I would literally drive that as-is.

Treasure this moment, you won't often find me salivating over a bASe model, but this is that occasion.