Show me your 2CV and other A Series Citroens please

Six-cylinder

^ mind you those detached garages can be quite difficult to heat  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

is that real dents in the doors!

Heck yeah.. non of that plastic trim 'retro' stuff on this classic *.      Mind you., I have seen a very similar feature on some most-exquisite motors too ..where they hollow in the door body panels before widening out for the wheel arches  ...You think their stylists might have been inspired * by my Ami ?    Their company initials are AM ..so it might well be !

I have good reason to believe,  thanks to the numerous ski equipment and resort stickers plastic-welded onto every window..  that a previous owner and his mates enjoyed this car very much in the snow fields.   And I love to see a bit of 'patina' reflecting the car's illustrious history. ;)

45 minutes ago, Bfg said:

Heck yeah.. non of that plastic trim 'retro' stuff on this classic *.      Mind you., I have seen a very similar feature on some most-exquisite motors too ..where they hollow in the door body panels before widening out for the wheel arches  ...You think their stylists might have been inspired * by my Ami ?    Their company initials are AM ..so it might well be !

I have good reason to believe,  thanks to the numerous ski equipment and resort stickers plastic-welded onto every window..  that a previous owner and his mates enjoyed this car very much in the snow fields.   And I love to see a bit of 'patina' reflecting the car's illustrious history. ;)

There is something right about an A series being a bit battered and left hand drive.

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

That’s a bit like mine’s description apart from being RHD. 

Every panel a different shade of blue, and the body polished down to the black primer in places. It’s off for a service and mot tomorrow.

This is not how yours looks to me, it seems a very nice example.

I took mind in Thursday for a service and MOT, but the deal is they don’t bother me with big bill and I don’t bother them with a return date!

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

This is not how yours looks to me, it seems a very nice example.

I took mind in Thursday for a service and MOT, but the deal is they don’t bother me with big bill and I don’t bother them with a return date!

Well I think it’s very nice. And I think that mechanically it’s faultless,, but there’s no getting away from the 34year old paint, well mostly. The bonnet was painted at the same time as two new wings were put on about 13years ago after someone hit it while parked at the Bracknell tennis club. that was a £2000 bill with police involved  etc.as they drove off. 

True of many a "People's car" isn't it? Not sure they're really rich boy's toys though. I'm not rich, and nor area lot of my 2CV chums. A friend is selling a tidy one for £3250 at the moment. While that's not exactly Autoshite money, it's a lot cheaper than a Fiat 500, and they're crap.

Could you put me in touch with your friend please.

Thought that I had already posted on here, but apparently not. Surprisingly, given my name, I have a 2cv! 

I have owned it since September 1994 (!) and it was my first car. We have had all sorts of adventures over the years, but it is mostly retired now. I still try and use it at least monthly, but it lives in a garage at my parents house, 70 miles from me, so this is not always possible.

In regards to the values, I paid £270, which was not a bad deal, considering that it needed new floors (done again last year) and is now worth more than 10 times this (probably) but I am unlikely to ever even break even on the car, let alone make money on it. But that is not the point. It is a basic runabout, that is also fun to drive and a convertible. I enjoy almost every journey in it, and take it out for pleasure where the other cars are used to get somewhere. 

It is not immaculate, but it is "honest". The "dalmation skin" door cards (not real obviously) are an "individual" choice, that were there when I got it, but it looked so dull without them, that I put them back on! It is not entirely standard, or original but remains mostly as it left the factory, if only in the "Trigger's broom" sense with some things.

It caused me to have a cough for years, some journeys in it remain among the worst that I have ever had (not always the car's fault) and there are times when I really should have just got rid of it. But I can't. It is family now.  Nowadays the good times far out number the bad.

WP_20190203_16_05_48_Pro.jpg

it is mostly wear and tear as it gets older. I know that the lack of use doesn't help, but the distance and lack of free time means that it is how it has to be.  I do seem to hold on to things, the 2cv will be 25 years in September, the Clio (which replaced the 2cv as my main car) since 2002 and the Stepway (which replaced the Clio as my main car) in  2017. But yet they are all still here. As is the moped (since 2010)!

On 5/5/2019 at 2:13 PM, eifion said:

I spotted it in Conwy a few weeks ago while walking around the walls. It looks like it's being done up so maybe they've just not painted theirs either.

DyaneVan.jpg

A very similar one, if not this one,  based on Conwy was advertised at £4995 on Facebook :- 2cv And Derivatives Parts For Sale Wanted

This is Donna in her natural habitat, languishing under her car cover on my driveway having the battery charged. She's a former Plum and Custard Dolly with a chequered past, that my Fiancee has owned for 9 years. My parents have had 2cv's for most of my life my Mum sold her Green and White Dolly  a coupe of years ago I'm sure I have pictures of it somewhere, Though I doubt I have photos of the original blue special.  

oagpss8ftWFBjgYjk0-zzpQ9OgFDe5m4F7w0kJ6gfuidUrUgUDVz-yhhIH7Fw1vn4rxZHTTaKntG08aBtdAIFcXRU5v1T8oBaOx9FC5bvq6AevQorWk5VsZJJnN5owuh-9OUw8UES3mcs6C6dDM5EwsrXfYP_odC9pGvqH5SAazIVwiKE6XAGkDJReQBdp6UXaDaRNCvOuv98aOiZUg_GT_jRGvA8nFnIfYnzFazSux5Ekls6fxcCcWT4ziuyYsCLHGmu8L9hmeRi7A0dZsTX2SS5v-VTcmFUoXKvNfZVWKaY1dUnH-esEwrrzgk4Gokii2Wal1GI8xt8vR_l-UpW5icHaFVK9TZImd5z_R_RtPbZAQ7hVhkiPTUiyLSgiJFNIGrhXPVRny__eQZCP9CGkC21d89n6jtk7NWyLNIbRr69yoE-Jzx__WrW6wqFRg4TCu7mJEy9kR_syk0Xny7A7pZSQUpzExzvVFA6guRwVVng0wRagcGxN0IbjFCqvqyfN4C-QvhNVytq2N6vwmeSBPLrOA9KAWT-LmN1ON1-Y-rLaRqAYruYUigEQ_0OFwWivan39BLc51gyOPtYrS8TXRNLCqvCsug_evhpYXIn-G65-gig5yKfaNpXiRFsN0tmvI2KQhBoOpyR3aiK4sAxs7Xvhwee-2G=w952-h776-no