Anglia Classic Car Auction

pompei

On 8/23/2019 at 9:22 PM, Brodders said:

Shame I am working, as although there didn't seem to be much of interest on there a few weeks ago, some interesting lots have popped up. 

This Mondeo Ghia X is ticking a lot of boxes for me. Wood* trim, estate, chrome which doesn't suit the car at all, it has it all. Probably will go for alright money though as these are starting to get a following.

I was open to the possibility of being wrong, but I didn't expect to be this far out.

blob.thumb.png.0accffe71e8ae8fb0ff28a03cb74170f.png

It looks like the entirety of Norfolk decided to go to the beach for the weekend, as this isn't the only suspiciously low price from the day. It's almost as shocking as this £500 Range Rover.

3.thumb.jpg.7efa1c61c8f0d709bb62e6a09ace8c07.jpg

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-24th-august-2019/1997-range-rover-p38-46-hse-auto/

Or this £1k Gazelle. Although they are largely forgotten, even by Rootes Group standards, that still seems like excellent value for something of that era in decent enough shape (rear bumper aside).

img_8009.thumb.jpg.7b1d1ecf81a88a59b2b9582c6a5785c1.jpg 

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-24th-august-2019/1965-singer-gazelle-v/

4 hours ago, richardmorris said:
5 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Is that one owned by Patrick? Could be the one Roger Bradford was selling in ~2000 for £15000 and even lower miles

As a side note, Roger Bradford passed away a few years ago.

His son is a friend of mine.

2 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

As a side note, Roger Bradford passed away a few years ago.

His son is a friend of mine.

Yes- tragically at goodwood. I sold him my last cx in exchange for a newish C5. And indeed bought my first CX from him. His son isn’t in the trade though is he? I don’t recall meeting him at ccc events.

12 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Yes- tragically at goodwood. I sold him my last cx in exchange for a newish C5. And indeed bought my first CX from him. His son isn’t in the trade though is he? I don’t recall meeting him at ccc events.

No, he's a petrol head but not in the trade.

The only time I met Roger was when he came to buy my bosses CX. He spotted every fault, every bodge and every rust spot in the first 2 minutes, made a low ball offer and I've never seen my boss cave like that before.

48 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

No, he's a petrol head but not in the trade.

The only time I met Roger was when he came to buy my bosses CX. He spotted every fault, every bodge and every rust spot in the first 2 minutes, made a low ball offer and I've never seen my boss cave like that before.

A true dealer! Blind selling, but a hawk buying. 

Actually that’s probably unfair. I liked him and nearly bought a couple of XMs from him ( best being a manual black prestige with black leather and the wobbly starfish alloys). Sadly he wouldn’t px the c5 he’d sold me. The other was probably one of the last XMs registered being a W reg petrol turbo. Perfect history and 60,000 miles, but the same advisory for several MOTs of a leaking rack. Plus recent bills of £5000 put me off. 

Sadly missed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

UAZ looks fun. The rest...mostly very predictable old tat for lots of £ IMHO. I would say all 90's onwards cars very susceptible to upcoming tax and legislation changes particularly around the environment. No idea how the 'Classic Motorshow' in London will function after ULEZ - perhaps folk will just pay. If you want an investment* stick to older stuff maybe?

* I may be wrong.

This is why we here stick to more offbeat cars?

Give me a C15, AX, XM, W124 at 10% of these prices any day.

45 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Who’s going? I’ve never actually been and am trying to fill the diary with lots of fun so January flies by. 

C'est possible as I'm off work that week. Wouldn't mind another helping of sausage and chips from the cafe - very nice chips. And lots of old cars. Good day out.

7 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

The LDV Maxus is a timeless classic - everybody knows that.

Yes and what’s extra special about this one is you could buy it and immediately lock yourself up in the back for your sins. 

31BE5AEE-8575-4B94-950D-18BBF31948DE.jpeg