LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

2 hours ago, bangernomics said:

Does the roof come off these?

A convertible would be hilarious. Like some sort of banana splits skit.

I’d daily it 

IMG_4346.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, timolloyd said:

Just arrived at Heathrow. Should I head straight into town to find Rev?

hah not quite yet, with any luck she will be picked up for the final leg of the journey next weekend :)  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, R Lutz said:

What's wrong with going to collect it??? Give it shake-down. Where there is a will, and all that..

What and trigger all the concerned citizens again? 

Best not eh.

• Agree 2

On 18/10/2024 at 14:57, Dyslexic Viking said:

Can someone explain this to me? 

Screenshot2024-10-1815_56_54.png.eed0c36ef49d0d5062b39c73d69cb909.png

A bit past it's sell by date, dry, crusty and needs a good stirring with your 'cream wand'. ATCake'sNBE.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, D.E said:

What's this, then? An AC Luxury invalid carriage with the body missing?

AC three wheeler, 1950, motorcycle powered, like James Handyvan / AC Petite,

s-l1600(17).jpg.d23c7332533683458cd38c508088c394.jpg

s-l1600(16).jpg.de5fafb28c55e6fb9b48f452620f7148.jpg

Fucking hell! thats one hell of a find! thats an AC All Weather Invalid Tricycle, AC's first Invalid vehicle, here is an excerpt about them from my service manual that I have for one :) its an incrediably rare find, AC produced just 3000 for the Ministry, and up until about 20 years ago it was thought entirely extinct, until one in a complete but poor state was found, that one ended up being bought by Ian Hellings and is now in America, and until just now when this OPD903 showed up, it was thought to be the *sole survivour* so yeah thats why im low key freaking out right now!  its probably the rarest of any AC out there (ones that were not an explicit one off anyhow) certainly rarer then any Thames Ditton Cobra or the such like! It *really* needs saving preserving, and ideally restoring, and its a rather historically significant machine since it was how AC started out building Invalid vehicles

IMG_1673.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

Recently uploaded to Flickr

World Wide Coaches ( Bloomfield ) .  Camberwell , London . JNK243C. Near the Tower of London . Bank Holiday Monday morning 23rd-May-1970.

And the best thing is, not only is the registration XVW 632F clearly visible, we also have an exact location and date - Fish Street Hill , City of London on Bank Holiday Monday 23rd May 1970.

7 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Recently uploaded to Flickr

World Wide Coaches ( Bloomfield ) .  Camberwell , London . JNK243C. Near the Tower of London . Bank Holiday Monday morning 23rd-May-1970.

And the best thing is, not only is the registration XVW 632F clearly visible, we also have an exact location and date - Fish Street Hill , City of London on Bank Holiday Monday 23rd May 1970.

thats a neat find! especially as I had just recently found a picture of its close relative XVW614F :)  

Screenshot 2024-09-28 at 19.56.50.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, calebaaront said:

Is this a known one? @LightBulbFun

IMG_4361.jpeg

Aye! :) good to see it crop back up tho it looks like its sadly taken a biff on the bumper! I first became aware of it from this photo back in around 2020, sadly was unable to get any details on it, so I have always just called it the NHS101 car!

Easthouse-Farm-_-Machinery-_-Invacar-_-Humber-800x533.jpg

it then showed up in an auction 

On 27/09/2024 at 23:20, LightBulbFun said:
On 27/09/2024 at 23:08, Talbot said:

Is £2700 absurdly expensive for one of these?  I very much hope so.  Especially in that condition.

sadly not these days, thats about the going rate for one in that sort of condition, if others that have sold are to go by (which is one of the primary reasons why I got REV when I did since I could see the ship sailing right before my eyes and I was not going to let it get away from me, I knew it was get a Model 70 then or never so to speak)

that being said this one the the mysterious Orange NHS101 Model 70, supposedly sold at auction today(?) for £680, but the impression im getting from everyone commenting on it, that the Auction was a farce, no one realised it was actually being auctioned and the website was broken/buggy 

461269653_10160550179160936_6464978309516345966_n.jpg.967991b0c416474eed417cf38d37287a.jpg

hopefully its gone to a good home and not just a flipper or such!

so its nice to see it again! I am worried with how cheaply it sold that someone might do something stupid with it, but hopefully it finds a good home, as you can see in my September 27th picture, it has a chassis plate and all, and I can tell from that, that its a middle to later Invacar Model 70 :)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Fucking hell! thats one hell of a find! thats an AC All Weather Invalid Tricycle, AC's first Invalid vehicle, here is an excerpt about them from my service manual that I have for one :) its an incrediably rare find, AC produced just 3000 for the Ministry, and up until about 20 years ago it was thought entirely extinct, until one in a complete but poor state was found, that one ended up being bought by Ian Hellings and is now in America, and until just now when this OPD903 showed up, it was thought to be the *sole survivour* so yeah thats why im low key freaking out right now!  its probably the rarest of any AC out there (ones that where not an explicit one off anyhow) certainly rarer then any Themes Ditton Cobra or the such like! It *really* needs saving preserving, and ideally restoring, and its a rather historically significant machine since it was how AC started out building Invalid vehicles

Ah, cool! It'll take a lot of time and dedication to save this, won't you basically have to recreate all body panels from scratch?

Something I noticed while looking close at the advert is that some bits don't seem to quite match with the All Weather. For example, this one seems to have two headlights:

s-l1600.webp

Also, the All Weather seems to have a "boot" accessed by a side door. Assuming the entire bodywork is missing, shouldn't the rear overhang be longer? Rear bumper would be in the wrong place, too.

Looks to be a modified ac all weather used as a workshop/farm tug or similar.

I originally found the other AC on eBay listed in parts,and sent it to Stuart who didn't have internet at the time,then Ian bought it and shipped to the states,not sure wether it got finished but was under restoration.

• Like 3