Jump to content
Wilko220

New members, introduce yourself here.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mut said:

Hi looking forward to joining in the madness. Love old Italian shite and obviously dustpans and brushes to sweep their flakey bits up.

Always good to converse with likeminded nuttas!

where u loscted Mut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hampshire mate, I have a thing for Alfa GTV's, the 90's ones but also would love a GT Junior but they are just so out of reach these days.

Alfa 33 Perm4 might be my next project...a proper old shitter :)

Into proper Alfas of old, not all this modern shite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

lurker that joined to try and get rid of my Disco that I messed up.

40 something (don't make me do the math) IT, comic book and board game geek.

Fan of classic cars and Land Rover, having owned several MGB GT's and Series III Land Rovers.  Now driving a Land Rover Discover 2 TD5.

Despite my love of old cars you can write my mechanical knowledge on a gnats ass with room to spare.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, brownnova said:

Welcome along! 

Sherpa coupes and OLLI Rovers will do ok here! 

Where are you based? 

Brierley Hill in the Black County.  So I actually live in Shite-Town 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buonasera Tutti

Very long time reader finally gets round to joining in.

I have a problem buying very cheap powered transport. How it all began ?

My Dad  always had some sort of volvo estate to tow caravans around Europe, 1 day in late 70s he came home with a brand new Renault 30  v6 metallic bronze and  4 headlights !, I still remember those velour brown seats and the noise/speed after the volvos. 1st long trip down to Italy with caravan and it broke down , 2 days stuck in Italian motorways service station but mum did buy me my dream car there,1/25 scale lancia fulvia hf1600, still got it 40 odd years later &  I'm still dreaming for the real thing but it is never going to happen. This taught me that spending lots does not work and big is not always best. But I did like Italy and I would still love to own a rust free Renault 30.

Short  summary of some of the best  😎vehicles I have owned, none of these cost more than £500, lots were £50 .

1986 just past test and I bought ideal 1st car.  A Purple reliant bond bug. Did not stay long, my Dad had a go in it and suggested probably not an ideal 1st car !

minis ( a few )

Ex british gas mini van that I ruined by hand painting it A Team style with hammerite ( I am truly sorry to whoever ended up saving it after me)

Marina coupe converted to bike festival camper van. I was always in envy of my friend with his ital estate.

Triumph spitfire that tried to kill me on a Basingstoke roundabout. got it towed to a lockup garage near a friends house and forgot about it and I never saw  it again. To whoever found it or stole it many years later the big dent up front was probably the easy part to fix, all the newspaper and fiberglass holding the body together was my professional rust repairs, sorry.

volvo 360gls  OOOOHHHHHH yes please .This was a very smart hand me down from Dad, I was stopped by the police so many times in this it was unreal, all because I was a long haired 20year old in an unusual car, but I always passed the attitude check.

fiat uno diesel that broke its clutch cable in rush hour traffic in the blackwall tunnel, stop start in gear before stop start was invented.

rover 214 salooooooon, a rather fabulous car that refused to die.

Many motorbikes but the highlight has to be the honda spacy 125 with POP UP HEADLIGHT for about FREE. I was young (ish) and foolish and did not know the meaning of cool so unfortunately this got abandoned on the old kent road in London when the drive belt snapped.

And the lowlight of bike ownership has to be the bmw k100rs bought for commuting into London duties for well over my usual budget that was an expensive disaster and well beyond my mechanical ability.

Leyland sherpa petrol van that was brilliant for £50. At the time I was an assistant accountant at a fancy head office, I loved parking that in the works car park, my Dad always said 1st impressions count. Someone stole the fuel pump which took me a few days to work out why in would not start, Leyland rather helpfully put the pump in an easy place to access it, so I went to Thamesmead and helped myself to another 1.

Peugeot 205 turbo diesel, wish I still had it now but sold to my brother for nothing.

Triumph herald that I took the roof off of ( who let the dogs out !) all year round while living in south London, swapped that car for 2  bike parking spaces in a friends garage.

Honory mention goes to 1972 2.3ltr Bedford cf autosleeper that I had for a few years that bankrupted me going on holiday from the south of England to tour Scotland in the early 90s, I loved it but it loved a drink !

Being a Sir and living in London I also had my luxury private airport transport fora few years. An Austin allegro in brown used only for driving to Stanstead airport and left many times on the streets of bishop Stortford, again I am very sorry to all the house owners whose roads outside I left puddles of oil and petrol.

2006 and I sold everything I owned apart from 1 motorbike and rode down to Italy to start a new life.

Sorry for long intro, will hopefully add some interesting stuff to the forum, can offer Italian translation for Ferrari ( sorry meant fiat ) buying.

Thanks for all the writers who over the years have kept me entertained.

Your humble servant, Sir Chocolate Teapot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all.  Not a new member as such, more one who went 'off-radar' for a while (health and general life issues getting in the way).  I'm back now though.  No car to speak of right now but hoping to rectify that situation before too long.  Plenty of old shite to go around over here, that's for sure!  Upgraded website's looking good so going to catch up on all the stuff I've been missing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

Buonasera Tutti

Very long time reader finally gets round to joining in.

I have a problem buying very cheap powered transport. How it all began ?

My Dad  always had some sort of volvo estate to tow caravans around Europe, 1 day in late 70s he came home with a brand new Renault 30  v6 metallic bronze and  4 headlights !, I still remember those velour brown seats and the noise/speed after the volvos. 1st long trip down to Italy with caravan and it broke down , 2 days stuck in Italian motorways service station but mum did buy me my dream car there,1/25 scale lancia fulvia hf1600, still got it 40 odd years later &  I'm still dreaming for the real thing but it is never going to happen. This taught me that spending lots does not work and big is not always best. But I did like Italy and I would still love to own a rust free Renault 30.

Short  summary of some of the best  😎vehicles I have owned, none of these cost more than £500, lots were £50 .

1986 just past test and I bought ideal 1st car.  A Purple reliant bond bug. Did not stay long, my Dad had a go in it and suggested probably not an ideal 1st car !

minis ( a few )

Ex british gas mini van that I ruined by hand painting it A Team style with hammerite ( I am truly sorry to whoever ended up saving it after me)

Marina coupe converted to bike festival camper van. I was always in envy of my friend with his ital estate.

Triumph spitfire that tried to kill me on a Basingstoke roundabout. got it towed to a lockup garage near a friends house and forgot about it and I never saw  it again. To whoever found it or stole it many years later the big dent up front was probably the easy part to fix, all the newspaper and fiberglass holding the body together was my professional rust repairs, sorry.

volvo 360gls  OOOOHHHHHH yes please .This was a very smart hand me down from Dad, I was stopped by the police so many times in this it was unreal, all because I was a long haired 20year old in an unusual car, but I always passed the attitude check.

fiat uno diesel that broke its clutch cable in rush hour traffic in the blackwall tunnel, stop start in gear before stop start was invented.

rover 214 salooooooon, a rather fabulous car that refused to die.

Many motorbikes but the highlight has to be the honda spacy 125 with POP UP HEADLIGHT for about FREE. I was young (ish) and foolish and did not know the meaning of cool so unfortunately this got abandoned on the old kent road in London when the drive belt snapped.

And the lowlight of bike ownership has to be the bmw k100rs bought for commuting into London duties for well over my usual budget that was an expensive disaster and well beyond my mechanical ability.

Leyland sherpa petrol van that was brilliant for £50. At the time I was an assistant accountant at a fancy head office, I loved parking that in the works car park, my Dad always said 1st impressions count. Someone stole the fuel pump which took me a few days to work out why in would not start, Leyland rather helpfully put the pump in an easy place to access it, so I went to Thamesmead and helped myself to another 1.

Peugeot 205 turbo diesel, wish I still had it now but sold to my brother for nothing.

Triumph herald that I took the roof off of ( who let the dogs out !) all year round while living in south London, swapped that car for 2  bike parking spaces in a friends garage.

Honory mention goes to 1972 2.3ltr Bedford cf autosleeper that I had for a few years that bankrupted me going on holiday from the south of England to tour Scotland in the early 90s, I loved it but it loved a drink !

Being a Sir and living in London I also had my luxury private airport transport fora few years. An Austin allegro in brown used only for driving to Stanstead airport and left many times on the streets of bishop Stortford, again I am very sorry to all the house owners whose roads outside I left puddles of oil and petrol.

2006 and I sold everything I owned apart from 1 motorbike and rode down to Italy to start a new life.

Sorry for long intro, will hopefully add some interesting stuff to the forum, can offer Italian translation for Ferrari ( sorry meant fiat ) buying.

Thanks for all the writers who over the years have kept me entertained.

Your humble servant, Sir Chocolate Teapot.

Wilkommen!

Love your story, I’ve been guilty of hasty dumping too. Had a MK1 Golf GTI Campaign (!) that I dumped in Streatham, simply because I had grown to hate it... The foolishness of youth, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BritChod said:

Long time lurker who's finally got around to signing up. Big fan of old shite, especially British. Current fleet includes an SD1, Series 2a Land Rover, Series 3 XJ6, etc. You get the picture. It's a disease. 

theres no cure..........

 

 

where u from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afternoon all, 

Long time lurker, first-time caller er poster. 

Projects this year include recommissioning my partners currently SORN 1987 Citroen 2cv if the chassis will last another MOT.   Also paintwork and an alloy on my bland daily driver (MK 6 Golf). 

I'm completely mechanically inept, and my only claim to fame is servicing a 1300 Morris Marina, with a lot of help. So 2cv fixing is always fun!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FlyingDustbin said:

Afternoon all, 

Long time lurker, first-time caller er poster. 

Projects this year include recommissioning my partners currently SORN 1987 Citroen 2cv if the chassis will last another MOT.   Also paintwork and an alloy on my bland daily driver (MK 6 Golf). 

I'm completely mechanically inept, and my only claim to fame is servicing a 1300 Morris Marina, with a lot of help. So 2cv fixing is always fun!   

Oooh you’ll find plenty of 2CV lickers round these parts!! 8 or 9 different a-series Citroens I think!

Welcome along! Look forward to seeing your progress with the 2CV! Where abouts are you located? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

County Durham. on a very steep driveway. Ideally It'd be nice to get Donna the 2cv somewhere flat so we can drain all the fluids and try and get her running again. Then the only problem would be if the chassis and passenger side inner wing would get though an MOT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Ello, sappnin.

Port Toilet/Swansea local

I own three cars for some reason; A Peugeot 106 1.1 that I owned since I passed my test in 2013, this is what I cut my teeth modifying and learning how to generally fix (and break). *I just want to note it will be for sale shortly.

A mk6 Fiesta Zetec S as my daily motor for all the long trips, when I don't want to worry too much about breaking down and, when I don't want every chav or ex-joyrider asking me 'ow is that for sale or wha, mush?!' which then leads me onto the third car. A Mk2 Fiesta 1.4 that has a rather dodgy, yet shiny paintjob - this gave me a rather terrifying drive of my life in the pouring rain not because it's a 'monster' of a car. Nah, just rock hard tires, shot brakes and wipers that didn't clear my screen.

Grown up mainly around bikes (dad always took me to bike shows as a nippa) and really got into my cars from the classic Gran Turismo games on PS1 and PS2.

Ta'ra for now.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, beansbeansbeans said:

'Ello, sappnin.

Port Toilet/Swansea local.
 

Croeso fellow Welsh shiter! Be good to see some pics of the Mk2! If you stick around here expect to ditch the mk6 Fester for a 20 year old Volvo or something within the next year... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody!

This looks like my kind of forum. I am serial enthusiast for anything a bit shit and unloved.

My current fleet includes a 1960s Series IIa Land Rover that has been in my family since the early 1970s, my dad having subsequently upgraded (to a Series III).

I also own Western Europe's shonkiest looking CBR 600, it has done 75,000 miles and was due for replacement about five years ago but resolutely refuses to fail an MoT so is still in service.

My daily driver is my wife's old Qashqai which is an interesting example of modern shite. It is effectively French, is ludicrously easy to take to bits, a combination of high ground clearance and a huge engine compartment with a tiny engine and gearbox making access easy, like a four cylinder Capri. 

I also own an early mini digger, the rarely encountered Powerfab 180c, a tracked machine with a 350cc Honda single, designed and built in Wales!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What part of the world are you from? I assume the Cashcow is petrol. 

I have a mate with a diesel one that is going to use it for private hire work.   Makes a change from the mk5 astra estates that hes rented for the last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New POD said:

What part of the world are you from? I assume the Cashcow is petrol. 

I have a mate with a diesel one that is going to use it for private hire work.   Makes a change from the mk5 astra estates that hes rented for the last year.

I'm from West Shropshire, where the line between Welsh and English is inextricably blurred. The 'Cow' is indeed petrol, and 2wd which hasn't stopped me going off road in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

Welcome warch

I would love to see a few pics of the Welsh made Honda engined digger. 

I'll err dig it out and take a few pictures of it. Might even deserve it's own thread unless you have a plantshite thread on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all :)

Long time shitter, first from necessity but now from choice. First car in 1991 at age of 21 was a mitsubishi colt (NI reg that I can't remember) -  slow and shitty but got after graduation. 

 

Moved on to 1982 red Sierra (CRS971Y I think) which lasted me a few years, then a green Passat diesel estate (FGG107X) which took an hour to get up to 60mph but carted kids, tents, equipment etc round Europe for about 10 years each summer.

 

(Sad to say, I then bought an almost new Mondeo estate diesel for 4 years...)

 

Then back to shite... K reg escort 1.8 diesel for a while, then R reg petrol escort, X reg Golf, 54 Reg petrol Focus...

 

Hubby drives X-Pace but it's not for me... Comfortable but a bit of a poser's car... 

 

I'm back to an X-Reg (1982) Escort which cost too much (should have kept one of the early cars) but it's fun.

 

Anyway, that's my car history, less a few I just can't remember anymore... 

 

Hope to contribute somehow here.

 

Leah X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeahStornes said:

Hello all :)

Long time shitter, first from necessity but now from choice. First car in 1991 at age of 21 was a mitsubishi colt (NI reg that I can't remember) -  slow and shitty but got after graduation. 

 

Moved on to 1982 red Sierra (CRS971Y I think) which lasted me a few years, then a green Passat diesel estate (FGG107X) which took an hour to get up to 60mph but carted kids, tents, equipment etc round Europe for about 10 years each summer.

 

(Sad to say, I then bought an almost new Mondeo estate diesel for 4 years...)

 

Then back to shite... K reg escort 1.8 diesel for a while, then R reg petrol escort, X reg Golf, 54 Reg petrol Focus...

 

Hubby drives X-Pace but it's not for me... Comfortable but a bit of a poser's car... 

 

I'm back to an X-Reg (1982) Escort which cost too much (should have kept one of the early cars) but it's fun.

 

Anyway, that's my car history, less a few I just can't remember anymore... 

 

Hope to contribute somehow here.

 

Leah X

Welcome to the asylum; the Sierra gets eleventy thousand shite points....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, I'll introduce myself. Fifty year old fool living in Ipswich. I've always had a preference for older cars. I like the relative simplicity, and the fact that your car is a bit different to the others you are stuck in that queue with. Past favourites have been my minis (10 inch rims and a 1 litre engine or it doesn't count 😛 ) but I did stick to mainly boring sensible cars while I was responsible for getting the kids places and the like. However, the realisation that those days are behind me means that I can own something a bit more interesting, and I have recently become the proud owner of a J reg Saab 900. And I love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 'slightly sweary forum' (yes, I got that from Hubnut) - finally you have made a mistake and admitted me - please don't kick me again just yet ;0

I look forward to discovering much about the quality automotive scene you represent - esp other people fortunate enough to live in the North East of good old England!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dogvan said:

Hello 'slightly sweary forum' (yes, I got that from Hubnut) - finally you have made a mistake and admitted me - please don't kick me again just yet ;0

I look forward to discovering much about the quality automotive scene you represent - esp other people fortunate enough to live in the North East of good old England!

welcome to shitehouse of auto..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...