Skoda Favorit £700

Fabergé Greggs

A mate has just pit his Fav up for sale for £4k, he's going to struggle to sell it, even 'KLF' wouldn't be that daft

Saw that, and made me think about the value of this one.. I reckon with a polish up this would maybe make £1500 or something.. sometimes I’m tempted to eBay it and see what happens

I wouldn't feel any shame in trying to get as much as you can for it, especially not if it means 'trading up' to something a bit older and more valuable. With a set of 'gravel drive' photos after a really good detailing session and a verbose description I reckon you'll turn a decent profit 

How did I miss this thread? I obviously don't spend enough time on here, though Mrs Yoss would say otherwise.

Thanks for the mention earlier in the thread, yes tis I with the blue mk1 (mk1.5 if we're going to be picky). Ive had this about a year and a half now, though it took me about two years to find a good one. Strangely after spending months scouring ebay, gumtree et al, egg put an advert off facebook on the ebay tat thread on here and I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw it. I dont have faceache so I asked egg to investigate for me. Turns out it was eight miles away!

Have some random pictures.

post-20743-0-24976400-1540924417_thumb.jpgpost-20743-0-09182600-1540924537_thumb.jpgpost-20743-0-32451600-1540924726_thumb.jpg

I love this thing. I've been bombing round Southampton in it today, from Bursledon to Cadnam on the edge of the Forest and there is no better car for bombing round town. The controls are all light, the visibilty fabulous compared to all modern cars and it's surprisingly nippy from 0-30 being so light. Mine is particularly light and airy with it's sunroof and beige/brown interior. The engine isn't particularly quiet but it revs well and sounds happy (mine is a 61hp carbed version).

It's not just a city car either. It's doing 3000 revs at 70 and the engine even seems to quieten down at that speed (or the wind noise drowns it out).

I wanted one because I already had a Felicia and thought it would make a good stablemate. It's incredible how different they feel considering they are essentially the same car. I'd go for Favorit every time. It just makes me smile.

I would urge everyone on here to go for this car.

This is a late estate I had a few years ago, which I unfortunately had a bit of an accident in, though I found quite a lot of rust in it after I bought it so I doubt it would still be with us now anyway.

post-20743-0-98993100-1540925147_thumb.jpg

I can confirm they're great for trips to the tip.

post-20743-0-95381600-1540925337_thumb.jpg

Saw the local J reg Fav hatch sat in traffic today. If you want a larf, Jas Hare is selling his M reg Fav, wait for it........for £3995, it is minty, and has 19k on it, but it has passed betweein him & Daverapid. I personally think it is a £2.5k car at most as I've seen it in the metal. It is a Caribbean Green Flairline LXiE hatch on an M plate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The buyer of this disappeared, after a lengthy period of holding it.

Any shiter wanna take it on for £700?

Caveat: it’s showing very early signs of HGF.. doesn’t overheat or anything and runs spot on. After 60 miles the other day it showed a tiny bit of mayo and lost a millimetre of coolant. I wondered if it was just condensation but after an hour or so in traffic today a little appeared again.

My local garage says £200 cash to sort it (cheap because pushrod and as basic as it gets) and if I go down that route I’ll probably white room/gravel drive it.

I’m sure a shiter that has a driveway could sort it, but I don’t fancy it on the street.

Any shiters fancy it as is?

If it's the same engine as the Estelle, seriously...head gasket change is laughably easy. Only caveat there is if you can get the exhaust downpipe to manifold join apart.

I'm hardly a qualified automotive engineer, but I had the head off my Estelle in less than 40 minutes, including draining the coolant. Reassembly can't have taken more than an hour once I had everything cleaned up.

I fear the timing just isn't going to work for me sadly. The whole Citroen debacle made me realise that I'm not ready to part with the Rover yet. I doubt the Skoda would cope well with a Welsh winter either. It deserves better. So, can someone else buy it but then sell it to me come spring?

I fear the timing just isn't going to work for me sadly. The whole Citroen debacle made me realise that I'm not ready to part with the Rover yet. I doubt the Skoda would cope well with a Welsh winter either. It deserves better. So, can someone else buy it but then sell it to me come spring?

Pah! When is it ever good timing?

50mpgs, toasty heater.. perfect WBOD..