Skoda Favorit £700

Fabergé Greggs

Come on now lads, k̶e̶e̶p̶ no fighting.

I actually had a princess in 2006, I must get round to starting a thread about it once I’ve finished the 5 course culinary world tour that I’m taking in part exchange for this pending winning the prelude raffle.

When I was young I had a weird thing for Felicias. Always wanted one. The boxy looks, utilitarian image and utter lack of creature comforts appealed to my inner Puritan.

I've never had a Felicia, or indeed a Favorit. 

I have no need to get a Felicia, or indeed a Favorit.

And yet... I have immense levels of want for this. It's just so bloody honest. Look at it. 

I think I'd enjoy driving that more than my 9-5 Aero.

• 3 weeks later...

This keeps on keeping on all over place, with another ultra frugal 1000 miles under its belt. 

Recent highlights include going to a wedding at this highly swanky establishment. Whilst making progress up the not inconsiderable driveway, the Skoda chose to develop a rather farty exhuast blow. I can only hope that the gentry were bemused by the arrival of such a resplendent symbol of communism farting its way up the road. 

IMG_0159.jpg

In other news, I hope you approve of my period upgrade, bringing the sum total of creature comforts to... some beads. 

IMG_0289.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Handy hint on any Favorit/Felicia is to get as much waxoyl as you can on the cabin side of the rear suspension turretts, and also keep the inner rear wheel arches clean. We used to see them at 6 years old with rusty rear turrets, sometimes with the odd strut poking through. Only made worse by being a mud trap and owners not clearing them out.

Other than that the run out models were really good sellers in the day, i remember the main dealer i worked at still selling used low mileage minter favorits off the fourcourt as late as 2001. They never used to hang about long, especially the posh Flairline versions!

Handy hint on any Favorit/Felicia is to get as much waxoyl as you can on the cabin side of the rear suspension turretts, and also keep the inner rear wheel arches clean. We used to see them at 6 years old with rusty rear turrets, sometimes with the odd strut poking through. Only made worse by being a mud trap and owners not clearing them out.

Other than that the run out models were really good sellers in the day, i remember the main dealer i worked at still selling used low mileage minter favorits off the fourcourt as late as 2001. They never used to hang about long, especially the posh Flairline versions!

That is very good to know thanks. My current strategy for avoiding corrosion is to get the itch and swap it for some sort of auto waft machine. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is outrageously practical, dependable and economical.  

Thing is, I've had it for a number of months now and you know how it is.. I just want something more wafty (PAS or Auto), or faster.. or less practical, or older. Priority given to BX's, Ami's Dyanes, Volvos. 

TRY ME!

Its generally minty fresh and would probably be worth a bob or two if you scrubbed it up.