Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

This was brought to my attention. Shame the auction has ended, but does prove to me such a beast existed. I think its because of the potential Cossie donor body (despite the different C pillar window arrangement) rather than the black grill is why it got over a grand.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1985-FORD-SIERRA-BASE-GREY_W0QQitemZ320342976238QQ

Posted Image

Just clocked this - MERCY!

I too thought that dangly mirrors and grey grilles were gone by B-reg, but it looks like a base model job going by my brochure. Its got the correct base wheels and no rear wash wipe too! If only I had to money to save it from Cossy-ing.

Didn't Rex Garrod wreck one of these in The Secret Life Of Machines? I seem to remember him razzing one off a ramp with a roll cage installed to illustrate the vagaries of a monocoque bodyshell. The actual jump went into slow mo and was like something out of a drama series.

The only thing is the ebay car has a transverse engine, so FWD. I distinctly remember Rex's car being RWD, as when it came down on its roof the back axle and prop survived, and span the rear wheels uselessly like an upturned turtle.

I'm sure Ratdat or Spotted Laurel can put me right on which Datsun I'm thinking of.

Didn't Rex Garrod wreck one of these in The Secret Life Of Machines? I seem to remember him razzing one off a ramp with a roll cage installed to illustrate the vagaries of a monocoque bodyshell. The actual jump went into slow mo and was like something out of a drama series.The only thing is the ebay car has a transverse engine, so FWD. I distinctly remember Rex's car being RWD, as when it came down on its roof the back axle and prop survived, and span the rear wheels uselessly like an upturned tturtle.

As posted on youtube by ratdat..
See what you mean, but defo FWD

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1978-reliant-supe ... 0380274600

Awesome. Ideal for anyone wanting to piss off their kids.

That's the one that's up for sale on RR, innit? I've spent the last couple of days trying to decide whether I'm masochistic enough to drive a 30-year-old Robin back from Milton Keynes - at the moment I'm leaning towards "no".
Should fit in a luton....

Didn't Rex Garrod wreck one of these in The Secret Life Of Machines? I seem to remember him razzing one off a ramp with a roll cage installed to illustrate the vagaries of a monocoque bodyshell. The actual jump went into slow mo and was like something out of a drama series.The only thing is the ebay car has a transverse engine, so FWD. I distinctly remember Rex's car being RWD, as when it came down on its roof the back axle and prop survived, and span the rear wheels uselessly like an upturned tturtle.

As posted on youtube by ratdat..
See what you mean, but defo FWD
No, you're right. The last time I saw that series I was 7, so I hope I can be excused a few confused facts.

Re Nev the blue Maxi -

'THE TROUBLESOME HYDROGAS SUSPENSION HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH THE MUCH MORE RELIABLE HYDROLASTIC SYSTEM FROM A 1978 CAR'

This is bollocks right? Maxis never had Hydragas?That white Chuvit is horrible - I love the pics showing how crappy the welding on the sills is and the precision with which the red stone chip has been applied!

'Go on then, when was the last time you saw a Chevette on the road? Ten years ago, fifteen maybe?

Two days ago, actually.

'Well, let me assure you that you have never seen a Chevette quite like this one on the road!

Thank f**k for that then!

Give me strength :roll: "Good condition". Er, no mate, it's not. Even BL had enough pride not to send their cars out with pitted and faded badges.

Posted Image

So you list it for 25p, take time to compose a lovely photo and on the extremely slim chance someone actually buys it (for 25p naturally) you drive to the post office to post it and then get stung for listing fees and Paypal fees. Genius.

I suspect even the vast majority of the most ardent hoarders would have chucked it in the bin.

I don't know what's worse - him spending time to list or me spending time to write abut it :P

Cracking Shite listing.

i will paint it for the rite money

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-AUSTIN-MAEST ... 0361623721

Win for the photo.

Posted Image

I know they lashed the A series to a VW box in the Maestro, but I never knew they offered a 5 speed variant with the 1300cc donkey - must be an Austraiiaan special