Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Am I the only one on here that would rather have had the donor car than this lashed up piece of crap?http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160279713181Why aren't my links working? Its a NCF Diamond if anyone wants to look....

The Corollas seem to go down well with a certain demographic who value a car's reliability with zero maintenance. Often they are really bizarre spec, 2.0 normally aspirated diesels with an autobox, a/c but manual windows and superskinny steel wheels.I can only assume that these things act as "fillers" in the containers full of more obviously sellable Jap tat such as MX-5s, WRXs, Pajeros, Lucidas, Delicas and Soarer Coupes.Bizarrely enough there was a 1.8V6 Xedos 6 import badged "Eunos 800" on the Bay in Bracknell a little while back that I really liked the look of.

The car is currently on the old style Polish plates and can be driven in the UK for another four months before you 'should' register it to in the UK.

I guess this means sod all will happen if you don't?
Pretty much, yeah. There's no real record kept of the car's entry into the country, and no 'reminders' will be sent out to encourage you to put it on UK plates. So your only risk of getting busted is the same policeman seeing you with a gap of more than four months, having a good memory, and not being busy at the time....

I've got some quite considerable love for that 5 TX going on, wonder how rusty it actually is in the bits you can't see?

Ditto. And I've already bid on it, so mitts off! :P It's about 400 yards from where I work, so I'm going to go and have a look this afternoon. I'll post an update telling you all about how terminally rotten it is. :wink: