'93 Mondy thread - a K reg estate *exists*

egg

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Depends how well it’s been done, some of the touring car replicas look fantastic. But yeah it would need to be done right and that isn’t cheap. 

I like this one I've posted before - it's currently not in as good condition, but it as a base model (hence no sunroof which is touring car spec) and has been owned by the same guy since 2006.

120963688_10158589429834054_79588216369155736_n.jpg.d9a584aaa8a78543a408348219f22531.jpg

original

120934155_10158589430429054_2538151999721465774_n.jpg.52a77456c1fdba4f061fa8e1db43a292.jpg

On 6/29/2022 at 8:00 PM, RoverFolkUs said:

That one seems to have been passed around various sites quite a bit, think it was for sale recently

yes it was on eBay a couple of times last year but didn't sell. It's believed to be one of the press /launch cars

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 12:04 PM, Soundwave said:

Here's the 'after' pic from the original FB post about it:

May be an image of car and outdoors

Not too bad, would much rather it goes to someone who gives a shit about it than have it die on the oval.

13 hours ago, rob88h said:

Sorry if you have this…

thanks, for sale for the 3rd or 4th time in the same number of years, twin to mine.

3 minutes ago, KWhite said:

A 1993 Base Spotted on Facebook today

48k miles, under a carport in a 60's house - reeks of elder gentleman one owner car...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

48k miles, under a carport in a 60's house - reeks of elder gentleman one owner car...

Very nearly! Last Keeper change is down as 03/09/1994! Bonus Mk4 Mondeo next door too!

• Like 2

• egg changed the title to '93 Mondy thread - MOT update

So I've been posting some general Mondy updates, but nothing about mine.

Well, fact is I haven't been very well this year, and I haven't driven it at all since end of March. Sad times, but not something to get into here.

Anyway, it had to go for a test, and someone came and got it for me after I put a new battery on it, as the old Lion job (yeah not the best) was toast. Put an Exide on it from Tanya which I think are reasonable in my experience.

Front tyre now so bad had to put the spare on to get it through. Anyway, that was the only issue apart from slight binding on nearside rear brake as in last year's test.

Clean pass.

Whisper it quietly, but my time with it may be coming to an end, because of aforesaid issues and generally I don't go anywhere much post pandemic.

Anyway time will tell.

Like for the MOT pass, not for the health issues.

Good car though, hopefully if you do sell it’s to someone who’s all about the bASe, too.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JakeT said:

Good car though, hopefully if you do sell it’s to someone who’s all about the bASe, too.

Yeah, while a seller has no control about what happens to a car, I'd be a bit sad if someone in the future went track/banger/BTCC rep.

It's notable Mondeos have very little visibility in the Ford scene (which is, and always has been about modding) but three were at FoTU including two K-reg cars.

as others said, glad to hear of the MOT pass :) but sorry to hear of the health woes! I hope all is able to get better soon!

and I hope you are able to keep the Mondy :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Glad to hear of the pass, sorry to hear of the health issues. Sending well wishes. 

Likewise.  If you need any help with the Mondy let me know.  Or even just a session of tinkering with very little actual progress (something I excel at).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RobT said:

Likewise.  If you need any help with the Mondy let me know.  Or even just a session of tinkering with very little actual progress (something I excel at).

I’d turn up for that :)