Jump to content

Dumped cars in your area


D Spares & Tyres

Recommended Posts

On 05/02/2024 at 21:23, bunglebus said:

PXL_20240204_101232058.thumb.jpg.84db7a1820cf59e458896327acc46be7.jpg

As someone else has said: that's in an enclosure at Colchester Zoo. 

The odd thing, however, is that that Land Rover Discovery has been in use as an enclosure decoration or piece of animal play equipment for a very long time indeed, perhaps 25 years or more.  Here's a photo of it from 2011 in the same position (the Pileated Gibbon enclosure):

View of Pileated Gibbon enclosure

I remember the car performing a similar role much earlier than that, too.  At one time, a long time ago, it looked almost in showroom condition; bizarre, considering it would have been worth money in those days.  You could see through the windows quite clearly, back then, and the interior was immaculate - almost like that of a car that's never been driven.  I don't know what the story behind it all is.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vehicles registered as prototypes  can be mot'd and driven indefinitely but only by the manufacturer for testing purposes,  There was a top gear where one manufacturer employed the presenters for a day so they could "test" their prototypes.

We have also IVA'd prototypes which then allows anyone to drive them.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, kevins said:

Vehicles registered as prototypes  can be mot'd and driven indefinitely but only by the manufacturer for testing purposes,  There was a top gear where one manufacturer employed the presenters for a day so they could "test" their prototypes.

We have also IVA'd prototypes which then allows anyone to drive them.

 

 

 

red renault with ross kemp>?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is very local to me. Been sat here since 1997 and hasn't moved since. This photo is from 2013 so will try to get a more up to date photo when I next go down that street. It hasn't changed much since.

I'm not sure on the story behind it. I've been tempted to knock on a few doors to try and find out more but have never had the balls to do so. I've been keeping my eye on this for as long as I can remember, I've grown up around it. Would love to save it however I think it's a bit passed it now unfortunately. 

9582454123_c626e516df_o.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SEATMad said:

This is very local to me. Been sat here since 1997 and hasn't moved since. This photo is from 2013 so will try to get a more up to date photo when I next go down that street. It hasn't changed much since.

I'm not sure on the story behind it. I've been tempted to knock on a few doors to try and find out more but have never had the balls to do so. I've been keeping my eye on this for as long as I can remember, I've grown up around it. Would love to save it however I think it's a bit passed it now unfortunately. 

9582454123_c626e516df_o.jpg

Here it is, 10 years later. As you can see, not much has changed. 

330405308_681668227090100_5593049915764182330_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/02/2024 at 19:14, FakeConcern said:

This bus is still on the side of the road at Pevensey

IMG_8911.thumb.JPG.6c808a0905cef0988394ad4948818538.JPG

It looks as if someone has tried to force the doors open

IMG_8914.thumb.JPG.7fd1d84b9e270d640f32a7b511a616f3.JPG

Anyway it looks as though something may be done about it soon

IMG_8915.thumb.JPG.258bbd2c16edffb60108a3f6ae366327.JPG

 

I passed that on Tuesday & wondered what the story was

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This scruffy Audi A4 wagon appeared at the side of the road last summer.

It's parked slightly awkwardly, partially blocking a driveway, not very far away from me.

IMG_20240224_1608212.thumb.jpg.86a9b748b3b781d6359e4fb645933079.jpg

Despite looking absolutely hanging, with trim pieces flapping loose and rust bubbling through in places, a DVLA check showed it was recently taxed and MOT'd.

Nearly a year on, I don't believe it's turned a (mismatched) wheel since, with deflated tyres and all manner of leaves and road debris under it.

The MOT expired a few weeks ago, and the tax falls due at the start of March. I'm starting to suspect it might not be here for very much longer...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 155V6 said:

I passed that on Tuesday & wondered what the story was

Apparently was sold recently and opinion on bus forums is it's not as good as expected.

If you google the plate, lots of stuff comes up

http://bcv.robsly.com/pwy39w.html

https://www.facebook.com/groups/719428644759176/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=7123266024375374

If you happen to be in the area again, I live 5 miles from that location and would be happy to get you a cup of tea or coffee!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

Apparently was sold recently and opinion on bus forums is it's not as good as expected.

If you google the plate, lots of stuff comes up

http://bcv.robsly.com/pwy39w.html

https://www.facebook.com/groups/719428644759176/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=7123266024375374

If you happen to be in the area again, I live 5 miles from that location and would be happy to get you a cup of tea or coffee!

Thanks for the offer,I normally work around that area on Tuesdays.I don't always have a lot of time but you never know 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

This scruffy Audi A4 wagon appeared at the side of the road last summer.

IMG_20240224_1608212.thumb.jpg.86a9b748b3b781d6359e4fb645933079.jpg

Shame, they're a handsome looking wagon. Probably one of the few things I'd be comfortable replacing my Passat with

9 hours ago, 155V6 said:

This has been sat at the end of my road since the middle of last week,it comes up as having no tax or insurance

20240225_145952.thumb.jpg.b22229f06fa97c960b8eed8e789f667f.jpg

Report it as untaxed/abandoned. Good riddance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Steviemillar said:

IMG_0847.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

IMG_0853.jpeg

IMG_0854.jpeg
 

Skoda is taxed but MOT expired last September and looks like it’s sat there a lot longer than that 

i do like those hrv hondas never seen one with that amount of rot though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Billy - Medhurst said:

DSCN2451.JPG

DSCN2463.JPG

DSCN2473.JPG

DSCN2470.JPG

DSCN2468.JPG

Ah, the infamous Shepshed collective. Often wondered what the deal with those is. There seems to be some rotation, so there must be SOMEONE who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...