Jump to content

Dumped cars in your area


Recommended Posts

Posted
On 13/01/2026 at 08:43, High Jetter said:

Thanks, but I have no idea what i was referring to 11 months ago 😀

This:

On 26/03/2025 at 17:08, martc said:

Not my area, this is in Walsall, and is apparently still there, but where? Looks like an Austin to me.

image.png.f4294b41db5d482b94b0ad848995ad93.png

The photo above was accompanied with this which could be a clue - 

image.png.0fc8a59ee2ba24bf6205cfc6eefdbcdf.png

I also know where this is. The dumped Austin is behind what looks to be a former travel agency. 

  • Like 2
Posted
8 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

This:

I also know where this is. The dumped Austin is behind what looks to be a former travel agency. 

Ah, thank you.

Posted

C2 with low miles

IMG_3990.JPG

Out of MOT & tax

IMG_3996.JPG

On the same farm this Transit seems a bit new to have been left to rot

IMG_3986.JPG.adc842e9162c0b9e2cbfa7d8c3e4b91b.JPG

SORN since 2022

IMG_3987.JPG.e788d13beaac861d286ea2ee6da7494d.JPG

 

Posted
On 21/01/2026 at 23:47, Lord Sterling said:

This:

I also know where this is. The dumped Austin is behind what looks to be a former travel agency. 

image.png.f4294b41db5d482b94b0ad848995ad93.png

Isn't that a long-retired Hackney?  

Posted (edited)
On 24/01/2026 at 18:21, Missy Charm said:

image.png.f4294b41db5d482b94b0ad848995ad93.png

Isn't that a long-retired Hackney?  

A closed taxi office on the outskirts of Walsall, been there many years.

4486819233_d4f123b9f0.jpg

Edited by The Old Bloke Next Door
add picture
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Somone has removed the number plate, the vehicle  is remarkably solid and is not on DVLA web site,the premises have been derelict for many many years and consists of of a small office building, garage, yard and there where two other  taxis, a Vauxhall 10 and another Austin.

Not far from me, I'll have a look next time I'm in the area.
 

474487237_10234168798868996_7242635557720559013_n.jpg

4486349202_a067ac4b69.jpg

4490294121_1c1f237ffe.jpg

Posted

This B6 Passat is opposite my local Lidl, been here for ages. Always strikes me as odd that a new car (in my mind) would just be left to go green 

PXL_20260126_115124796.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted

Don't think this Lamborghini is going back on the road

PXL_20260129_141146339.jpg

PXL_20260129_141154996.jpg

PXL_20260129_141203286.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted
On 26/01/2026 at 22:18, bunglebus said:

This B6 Passat is opposite my local Lidl, been here for ages. Always strikes me as odd that a new car (in my mind) would just be left to go green 

PXL_20260126_115124796.jpg

I agree and thought the same with the 10 plate Golf & 15 plate Transit I posted above.

Posted

Terrible photo but they’ve recently trimmed a load of the bushes near the bus depot I work out of and I’ve just noticed this old AEC truck, there’s another one behind it that looks to be a fire engine and a couple MG midgets too that I’ll try to get a picture of when I’m up there next 

IMG_4968.jpeg

IMG_4967.jpeg

  • Like 2
Posted
2 minutes ago, Weird Car said:

Terrible photo but they’ve recently trimmed a load of the bushes near the bus depot I work out of and I’ve just noticed this old AEC truck, there’s another one behind it and a couple MG midgets too that I’ll try to get a picture of when I’m up there next 

IMG_4968.jpeg

IMG_4967.jpeg

The MG’s are a little visible on google maps 

IMG_4969.jpeg

  • Like 3
Posted
On 26/01/2026 at 22:18, bunglebus said:

This B6 Passat is opposite my local Lidl, been here for ages. Always strikes me as odd that a new car (in my mind) would just be left to go green 

PXL_20260126_115124796.jpg

It feels new to me too, but the sad reality is that the majority of 58 plate cars have already been scrapped! 

Posted
On 26/01/2026 at 22:18, bunglebus said:

This B6 Passat is opposite my local Lidl, been here for ages. Always strikes me as odd that a new car (in my mind) would just be left to go green 

PXL_20260126_115124796.jpg

Makes my head spin a bit too, even though logically I know it's no different from seeing this car parked up in 1998:

undefined

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

This morning after coming home from work, I cruised up a nearby road where I like to park my cars and noticed an 'official' council notice on this car:

20260208_072643.jpg.1d00702d3af0911a0f7157cfc958b6b8.jpg

20260208_072651.jpg.d797d1f82e417142d627883e25f7a351.jpg

20260208_072636.jpg.d09001367917872a8966843927f65673.jpg

Shame really as it looks a nice car. Not my cup of tea, but a nice car nonetheless.

I honestly never really noticed it having been there for a while. I'm glad I used the Vectra as that looked even more abandoned with a flat tyre. I used it to go to work the day before having left it for 2 weeks. It was a little grumbly at first but got better as I used it more.

Posted
On 30/01/2026 at 11:26, Weird Car said:

The MG’s are a little visible on google maps 

IMG_4969.jpeg

Its hard to tell but the one with the green bonnet looks more like a Frogeye Sprite to me with a fibreglass bonnet, it appears to have the Frogeye/MK2 Sprite/MK1 Midget windscreen but the capping around the rear cockpit looks like a Frogeye one.

Posted
37 minutes ago, Homersimpson said:

Its hard to tell but the one with the green bonnet looks more like a Frogeye Sprite to me with a fibreglass bonnet, it appears to have the Frogeye/MK2 Sprite/MK1 Midget windscreen but the capping around the rear cockpit looks like a Frogeye one.

You could be right, I’m not too clued up on British sports cars, I’ll try to get some better pictures when I’m next there 

Posted

Volvo out of tax and MOT and slowly sinking into the tarmac.

IMG_20260207_1622253712.jpg.8d53d90e4ec2f3eb3a68cfe929a76fb6.jpg

No MOT fails on record with 166k.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

This somewhat faded Transit Connect has been sat unmoving near a woodland path not far from me since Christmas, and has finally attracted some official attention:

IMG_20260311_1720362.jpg.f3a9a99d92abfb19ee47d11b0aca1df8.jpg

Jump leads flung in the passenger seat suggest electrical woes have laid it low. 

IMG_20260311_1720542.jpg.63c3bb0db149493683d37638dc454af4.jpg

Not looking all that rusty, though worn-smooth front tyres don't suggest maintenance has been high on the owner's list of priorities.

Kind of a shame if it's been dumped for want of a battery; these little things have become rather thin on the ground in recent years. 

IMG_20260311_1720442.jpg.1b2916e111482c71b075cb5fa377163f.jpg

Ironically, it's an ex-council van about to be lifted by the council. 

  • Like 3
Posted
On 30/01/2026 at 08:33, bunglebus said:

Don't think this Lamborghini is going back on the road

PXL_20260129_141146339.jpg

PXL_20260129_141154996.jpg

PXL_20260129_141203286.jpg

Seen worse advertised as “project”.

Posted

Local to London abode

IMG_0375.jpeg.03e39900f379608ad6c85716a31a734e.jpeg

IMG_0376.jpeg.85713adada0a791988fa205407dcb9b0.jpeg

Local to parents place in Devon

IMG_0321.jpeg.af384882e0a6148ef208381d84a817cc.jpeg

Local to where I past spent the night in my tent in Wiltshire.

IMG_0542.jpeg.3468c69786f8e3d350335283c633ddfe.jpeg

Posted

Been here a few months now. Battered, engine and cat missing. Likely had engine pulled and just been left here. 

IMG_9307.jpeg

  • Like 2
Posted

A couple of local ones I found today while being nosey 

PXL_20260321_130750297.jpg

PXL_20260321_125143576.jpg

  • Like 2
Posted

Rusty Merc in Rye

IMG_4163.JPG.628343e15655eeb56bfaae36a9e4a771.JPG

This dumped X Trail and (in the background) have recently changed places

IMG_4215.JPG.80b332abfb116fbfa2fac20cb1f8bf9e.JPG

Spotted this very rusty Karmann Ghia Type14 (?) in a junk yard from the cycle track between the railway and the sea in St Leonards

IMG_4183.JPG.4cfd71e578d3c1cabe4c1e21408dabb7.JPG

  • Like 3
Posted

Spotted these recently in the Carrefour carpark in Brussels near Zaventem Airport. I wonder if the German reg'd Polo was stolen.

20260316_145047.jpg.5b85b135ab3d05d8f11785824154e2b8.jpg

20260316_140654.jpg.4a91b52669f409d99fe68275cef3cd9a.jpg

20260316_140600.jpg.443f8df74dd83a4c8a7a2ed0d57742d4.jpg

I recently checked out that car park in Roodebeek by Woluwe Shopping centre but there was absolutely nothing of note and everything there seemed to be in use. There was a base-spec Volvo V50 that looked like someone was living in it but I couldn't be sure as there were people passing at the time.

  • Like 2
Posted
4 hours ago, FakeConcern said:

Karmann Ghia Type14 (?)

Yes. Type 34 is based on the type 3 rather than Beetle and is pretty rare now

image.jpeg.17ba5ae9dabc75e616da813178d1adf6.jpeg

Posted
18 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Yes. Type 34 is based on the type 3 rather than Beetle and is pretty rare now

image.jpeg.17ba5ae9dabc75e616da813178d1adf6.jpeg

Oh, interesting, a friend of mine has one of those

IMG_7626.JPG

IMG_7622.JPG

  • Like 3
Posted

I saw a brown one t'other day

Posted
On 12/03/2026 at 10:24, Datsuncog said:

This somewhat faded Transit Connect has been sat unmoving near a woodland path not far from me since Christmas, and has finally attracted some official attention:

IMG_20260311_1720362.jpg.f3a9a99d92abfb19ee47d11b0aca1df8.jpg

Jump leads flung in the passenger seat suggest electrical woes have laid it low. 

IMG_20260311_1720542.jpg.63c3bb0db149493683d37638dc454af4.jpg

Not looking all that rusty, though worn-smooth front tyres don't suggest maintenance has been high on the owner's list of priorities.

Kind of a shame if it's been dumped for want of a battery; these little things have become rather thin on the ground in recent years. 

IMG_20260311_1720442.jpg.1b2916e111482c71b075cb5fa377163f.jpg

Ironically, it's an ex-council van about to be lifted by the council. 

And it's now gone - whether the Council made good on their threat and lifted it, or the owner came back for it, I'm not quite sure. 

It's still showing on the DVLA checker, so not yet issued with a COD - though the fact the tax ran out five months ago doesn't really offer much optimism for its fate... 

Screenshot_20260323_010744_com_android_chrome_ChromeTabbedActivity2.jpg.281df240da5e3e9a72f758f4ef36ee23.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted

Is that Cortina with the sagging arse still sat in the field in the midlands? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...