Dan302 Posted August 4 Posted August 4 Ooof the Dolly and the Mini for me please. I've not won yet but I keep trying! Stinkwheel 1
leakingstrut Posted August 5 Posted August 5 Is that dolly from Dundee? Looks like the one that used to sit on Elgin Terrace by the Kingsway.
RetroShite Posted August 6 Posted August 6 Skoda Octavia Elegance 4X4 1.8 Turbo with 6 speed gearbox! mk2_craig, KWhite, mildlycretinous and 5 others 8
RetroShite Posted August 8 Posted August 8 I'm not sure what the obsession is with shonky vehicles and makeshift campers but get a load of this shitter! Blake's Den, Tickman, Coprolalia and 8 others 11
Blake's Den Posted August 9 Posted August 9 What is the histroy of the Land Rover FC? Was it used as a fire vehicle on an industrial site before being turned into a camper?
High Jetter Posted August 9 Posted August 9 1 hour ago, Blake's Den said: What is the histroy of the Land Rover FC? Was it used as a fire vehicle on an industrial site before being turned into a camper? Or a smoll airport?
New POD Posted August 10 Posted August 10 9 hours ago, Blake's Den said: What is the histroy of the Land Rover FC? Was it used as a fire vehicle on an industrial site before being turned into a camper? I remember seeing one, (slightly different) on a Lucas Industries site. Can't remember which of the 77 sites it was. I must have visited about 25 of them in the 9 years working for a corporate interfering department/sister company so it all merges in my memory. I also think I saw one at Rolls Royce in Derby about 15 years ago. Also, in one of my summer jobs as a student in about 1988 I worked for a fireplace retailer and installer in Acocks Green/Olton, and they had one in their yard. It was derelict. One were cab forward vehicles. To me that looks more military application. Blake's Den 1
RetroShite Posted August 12 Posted August 12 Some more recent arrivals! ProgRocker, High Jetter, yes oui si and 3 others 6
Dj_efk Posted August 12 Posted August 12 Funnily how all three are appropriately mildly Barried, as befits their respective eras mildlycretinous 1
RetroShite Posted August 12 Posted August 12 3 minutes ago, Dj_efk said: Funnily how all three are appropriately mildly Barried, as befits their respective eras The seller of the green one is trying to flog me an even more Barry Cortina.. Tickman, Bear, mildlycretinous and 8 others 10 1
RetroShite Posted August 13 Posted August 13 Sega Rally championship anyone? Schaefft, Coprolalia, Rustybullethole and 9 others 12
RetroShite Posted August 18 Posted August 18 Some recent updates! I've been cruising around in this old S Class whilst my E28 was in for head gasket replacement. At first I thought it was a bit of a barge but after weeks of daily driving I'm starting to really enjoy it, maybe I'll sack the BMW off when it comes back and keep this instead... dome, Split_Pin, yes oui si and 5 others 8
RetroShite Posted August 18 Posted August 18 In other news, the opportunity to buy my own yard and workshop became available recently. The place I'd been renting for the last 12 years changed ownership a year ago around the time that this place first appeared on the market. I was vaguely interested back then but wasn't fully aware how shit it was going to get in the rented yard. The new landlord was a previous tenant of the industrial estate and assured everyone that nothing would change apart from some tidying up of the site. Yeah right! The outside space I had available to me for 11 years was no longer mine and instead of having an area I could squeeze around 15 cars into I was given a limit of 2 cars allowed outside my unit. Any additional space I needed to pay for so I ended up with two units and 3 compounds plus a rent increase across the board. The landlord also employed a mouthpiece to basically go around being a dick to everybody. It wasn't just me that was targeted, other tenants also got a lot of grief but since all of my cars were removed from the space in front of my original unit they've made it into a carpark for another business to use which seems a little bit backwards since initially being told "we don't want cars sitting about making the site untidy" yet maybe he should have said we don't want your cars sitting around outside. It was a nightmare at the start of the year and I was getting grief from the mouthpiece on a daily basis so I was actively looking for alternatives whilst kicking myself for not going to view the place I'd seen advertised for sale previously. I was checking for new commercial properties on a daily basis and did enquire about a few modern industrial units but not only were they expensive, they didn't really suit what I actually required which was small workshop, big yard. Things at the old place did calm down by the summer and I'd stopped actively looking for another place then a month ago the place I'd enquired about last year appeared on the market again and I jumped on it without a second thought, went to view, made an offer and waited for the solicitors to do their thing. The place has got loads of potential and previously had planning permission to build a large metal shed at the end of the yard so looking to get that reapplied for and built as soon as possible. The only thing I'm missing is a private concrete test track but I'm sure I can figure alternatives out within the local area if need be. Freedom at last! Drive, Cavcraft, AxleHorsepower and 45 others 39 9
colino Posted August 18 Posted August 18 That's brilliant and I hope it all comes off for you. Around here anything that is remotely warehousing/storage seems to be going for a small fortune. Appears the smart money is now landbanking such things.
RetroShite Posted August 18 Posted August 18 I got the mk2 Transit back yesterday after some welding. Needs a good clean but it's more solid than before. Most of the welding was underneath and some bits around the steps. mildlycretinous, Split_Pin, Zie and 6 others 9
RetroShite Posted August 18 Posted August 18 It was a busy weekend, got the keys to the new place on Friday and started rearranging cars to be transported. There was no desperate rush to leave the old place and I still have it for as long as I need it but it was good to make a start and see what the space at the new place looked like with a few cars added. colino, Popsicle, Zie and 11 others 13 1
grogee Posted August 18 Posted August 18 1 hour ago, RetroShite said: I got the mk2 Transit back yesterday after some welding. Needs a good clean but it's more solid than before. Most of the welding was underneath and some bits around the steps. That is peak Transit for me - black plastic, big rear lights, deafening DI diesel. I will spaff money on tickets, as usual. RetroShite 1
catsinthewelder Posted August 18 Posted August 18 6 hours ago, RetroShite said: Is that @eddyramrod's old Granada/Consul?
Shite Ron Posted August 18 Posted August 18 3 hours ago, catsinthewelder said: Is that @eddyramrod's old Granada/Consul? I don’t think so as he had a GXL. I would love to see more pictures of the mk1 Granada Ghia and the South African Cortina behind it in the outside picture. The Transit looks great too. A great selection of cars. catsinthewelder 1
eddyramrod Posted August 18 Posted August 18 3 hours ago, catsinthewelder said: Is that @eddyramrod's old Granada/Consul? 7 minutes ago, Shite Ron said: I don’t think so as he had a GXL. I would love to see more pictures of the mk1 Granada Ghia and the South African Cortina behind it in the outside picture. The Transit looks great too. A great selection of cars. No. Mine was indeed a GXL; this one is a Ghia with sunroof, something mine didn't have. Interestingly, RBY 879K comes up as SORN, with the last V5C issued in June 2013, which was about 5 months after I sold it. lesapandre and catsinthewelder 1 1
Metal Guru Posted August 18 Posted August 18 On 13/08/2026 at 19:58, RetroShite said: Sega Rally championship anyone? I’ve got a remote control one of those. About 1:18 scale I think.
RetroShite Posted August 20 Posted August 20 The place is starting to fill up now! 6 days we've had this place... KWhite, Coprolalia, sdkrc and 10 others 13
Merryck Posted August 20 Posted August 20 That Land Rover has to be one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. I hope I win it. Zelandeth, Westbay, yes oui si and 1 other 2 2
yes oui si Posted August 20 Posted August 20 Yup, I'm not one for self-loathing but that Land Rover could persuade me...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now