Jump to content

Retroshite


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ooof the Dolly and the Mini for me please. I've not won yet but I keep trying!

Posted

Is that dolly from Dundee? Looks like the one that used to sit on Elgin Terrace by the Kingsway. 

 

Posted

I'm not sure what the obsession is with shonky vehicles and makeshift campers but get a load of this shitter!

DSC03821.JPG

DSC03833.JPG

DSC03838.JPG

DSC03846.JPG

DSC03848.JPG

DSC03858.JPG

Posted

What is the histroy of the Land Rover FC? Was it used as a fire vehicle on an industrial site before being turned into a camper?

Posted
1 hour ago, Blake's Den said:

What is the histroy of the Land Rover FC? Was it used as a fire vehicle on an industrial site before being turned into a camper?

Or a smoll airport?

Posted
9 hours ago, Blake's Den said:

What is the histroy of the Land Rover FC? Was it used as a fire vehicle on an industrial site before being turned into a camper?

I remember seeing one, (slightly different) on a Lucas Industries site. Can't remember which of the 77 sites it was.  I must have visited about 25 of them in the 9 years working for a corporate interfering department/sister company so it all merges in my memory. 

I also think I saw one at Rolls Royce in Derby about 15 years ago.  

Also, in one of my summer jobs as a student in about 1988 I worked for a fireplace retailer and installer in Acocks Green/Olton, and they had one in their yard. It was derelict. 

One were cab forward vehicles.  To me that looks more military application. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Funnily how all three are appropriately mildly Barried, as befits their respective eras

  • Like 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dj_efk said:

Funnily how all three are appropriately mildly Barried, as befits their respective eras

The seller of the green one is trying to flog me an even more Barry Cortina..

 

IMG-20260812-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20260812-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20260812-WA0004.jpg

Posted

Some recent updates! I've been cruising around in this old S Class whilst my E28 was in for head gasket replacement. At first I thought it was a bit of a barge but after weeks of daily driving I'm starting to really enjoy it, maybe I'll sack the BMW off when it comes back and keep this instead...

DSC04219.JPG

DSC04220.JPG

DSC04227.JPG

DSC04240.JPG

Posted

In other news, the opportunity to buy my own yard and workshop became available recently. The place I'd been renting for the last 12 years changed ownership a year ago around the time that this place first appeared on the market. I was vaguely interested back then but wasn't fully aware how shit it was going to get in the rented yard. The new landlord was a previous tenant of the industrial estate and assured everyone that nothing would change apart from some tidying up of the site.

Yeah right!

The outside space I had available to me for 11 years was no longer mine and instead of having an area I could squeeze around 15 cars into I was given a limit of 2 cars allowed outside my unit. Any additional space I needed to pay for so I ended up with two units and 3 compounds plus a rent increase across the board.

The landlord also employed a mouthpiece to basically go around being a dick to everybody. It wasn't just me that was targeted, other tenants also got a lot of grief but since all of my cars were removed from the space in front of my original unit they've made it into a carpark for another business to use which seems a little bit backwards since initially being told "we don't want cars sitting about making the site untidy" yet maybe he should have said we don't want your cars sitting around outside.

It was a nightmare at the start of the year and I was getting grief from the mouthpiece on a daily basis so I was actively looking for alternatives whilst kicking myself for not going to view the place I'd seen advertised for sale previously. I was checking for new commercial properties on a daily basis and did enquire about a few modern industrial units but not only were they expensive, they didn't really suit what I actually required which was small workshop, big yard.

Things at the old place did calm down by the summer and I'd stopped actively looking for another place then a month ago the place I'd enquired about last year appeared on the market again and I jumped on it without a second thought, went to view, made an offer and waited for the solicitors to do their thing.

The place has got loads of potential and previously had planning permission to build a large metal shed at the end of the yard so looking to get that reapplied for and built as soon as possible.

The only thing I'm missing is a private concrete test track but I'm sure I can figure alternatives out within the local area if need be.

Freedom at last!

 

DSC04231.JPG

DSC04245.JPG

DSC04260.JPG

DSC04261.JPG

DSC04266.JPG

Posted

That's brilliant and I hope it all comes off for you.  Around here anything that is remotely warehousing/storage seems to be going for a small fortune.  Appears the smart money is now landbanking such things.

Posted

I got the mk2 Transit back yesterday after some welding. 

Needs a good clean but it's more solid than before.

Most of the welding was underneath and some bits around the steps. 

DSC04277.JPG

DSC04281.JPG

DSC04301.JPG

DSC04310.JPG

DSC04313.JPG

DSC04320.JPG

Posted

It was a busy weekend, got the keys to the new place on Friday and started rearranging cars to be transported.

There was no desperate rush to leave the old place and I still have it for as long as I need it but it was good to make a start and see what the space at the new place looked like with a few cars added.

IMG_20260815_142720013_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260815_125216188_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260815_115813393_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260814_180739953_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260812_184658538_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260815_165229660_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260816_123021568_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260816_142614175_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260816_174351241_HDR.jpg

 

Posted
1 hour ago, RetroShite said:

I got the mk2 Transit back yesterday after some welding. 

Needs a good clean but it's more solid than before.

Most of the welding was underneath and some bits around the steps. 

DSC04277.JPG

DSC04281.JPG

DSC04301.JPG

DSC04310.JPG

DSC04313.JPG

DSC04320.JPG

That is peak Transit for me - black plastic, big rear lights, deafening DI diesel. I will spaff money on tickets, as usual. 

Posted
3 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Is that @eddyramrod's old Granada/Consul?

I don’t think so as he had a GXL. I would love to see more pictures of the mk1 Granada Ghia and the South African Cortina behind it in the outside picture. The Transit looks great too. A great selection of cars.

  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Is that @eddyramrod's old Granada/Consul?

 

7 minutes ago, Shite Ron said:

I don’t think so as he had a GXL. I would love to see more pictures of the mk1 Granada Ghia and the South African Cortina behind it in the outside picture. The Transit looks great too. A great selection of cars.

No.

Mine was indeed a GXL; this one is a Ghia with sunroof, something mine didn't have.  Interestingly, RBY 879K comes up as SORN, with the last V5C issued in June 2013, which was about 5 months after I sold it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 13/08/2026 at 19:58, RetroShite said:

Sega Rally championship anyone?

DSC04125.JPG

DSC04160.JPG

DSC04171.JPG

DSC04205.JPG

I’ve got a remote control one of those. About 1:18 scale I think. 

Posted

Yup, I'm not one for self-loathing but that Land Rover could persuade me...

Posted

It's interesting, like half forward control.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...