got meself a fraud crapi

pedman

This is insanely nice, makes such a nice change from the stiletto white MK3 2.8i's that fill every car show in Essex. Genuine giffer spec, even down to the Veteran Motorists badge on the grille, the extra spotlights and the door protectors! (and the fantastic colour!). Love it!

This is insanely nice, makes such a nice change from the stiletto white MK3 2.8i's that fill every car show in Essex. Genuine giffer spec, even down to the Veteran Motorists badge on the grille, the extra spotlights and the door protectors! (and the fantastic colour!). Love it!

I wondered what the v shaped badge was cheers

The little number in the middle of the badge denoted how many years the owner had been driving for. I'm tempted to get one for the Maestro, but then again that might be taking the gifferisation a bit far :P

.... Fffffff

Mine is 7yr old & engine/bay looks like the anchor chain of the Titanic :(

Just losinn the will to wash it...(err, NOT that I do.. evvah)

TS

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys quick update removed all the ziebart front the front and rear panel no scabs or rot anywhere and under the bonnet is nearly finished spare wheel has never been on the car IMG_1275_zps86e7a930.jpg IMG_1276_zpsf8ed0676.jpg IMG_1258_zps25b2a6e8.jpg IMG_1285_zpse5b66711.jpg

Ha Ha.... Ziebart 'black' = no rustienessess.

Mine, from the dealer, looked like yours does NOW... NOW mine looks like it is ready for fragginn....

It being totally 'blackened' wivv rusieprevention tar would be a distinct improvement.........

TS

Get that Ziebart back on!! Looks an absolute honey - a German one too by that vin, didn't know 2.0S mk2s were made there.

Enjoy, they're great. Can't wait to get back out in mine. 

Looks absolutely lovely.

Although I never really understand the need to remove the very substance that kept the car so well preserved?

But thats just me.

Enjoy your beautiful car :-D

Wish mine looked half as good :mrgreen:

I think it looks much nicer without all that black shit on it, it may have been ok 40 years ago when the car was new but now it doesn't matter that it's gone, it's not like you'll be using it every day and in bad weather.

• Like 1

Out of interest, how easily is the ziebert coming off and what are you using?

it comes off quite easy with cheap thinners on a rag

Ziebert is a bit shit actually, some of the most rotten cars I've seen have had it from new

I'd likely look at getting some sort of clear stone chip protection on the front valance, even if you're only using it lightly.  The tech on paint protection has come on leaps and bounds and can even look nice now as well as doing a good job.  Absolutely sterling bit of brownery there, much liking for it here.

Ziebart usually refers to cavity wax but the Ziebart company in US produces all sorts of car care products. They appear to have invented the concept of long term protection against the elements.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys I had a look at the rear sticking brakes and found this when I removed the drivers side rear wheel a cut down spare key wrapped in cling film and secured with a piece of foam I guess the old boy wasn't going to get caught if he lost his key lolIMG_1340_zpse1187672.jpg