"Scene" twats.

barefoot

Pineapples have, inter alia, been used to adorn* the roofracks and interiors of show*-standard VWs. Hence the reference.

The closest thing in the Autoshite scene is a spare, yellow dizzy cap left on the parcel shelf :

mornRpLduMm0abqT7ucC_Zg.jpg

Do you have a picture?

You know what, I've tried to find one but failed miserably ! Could it be that we have all imagined it ?

Can someone please find one, before I start seriously doubting my sanity ?

I've never seen a picture of a VW adorned with a pineapple, nor have I even heard about it outside this website. If there's any truth to this affectation, it might be some allusion to the surf / Hawaiian shirt lifestyle of '60s California. Or it might be something as mundane as the unwashed masses of VeeDub sheep parrotting the skunk-induced brainfart of some prominent UK scenester. It might even be an outright lie.

ATEOTD I neither know nor care... but I'm prepared to believe that those dubber scene twats are capable of abusing fruit in one way or another, so I'm happy to perpetuate the myth.

There definetely a picture of a beetle or a VW van with a pineapple on the roof rack

Ah great. Fiiiiiinally.

but I can't find it!

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY CARAVAN!!!!

This was the best I could do after a spot of Googling:

post-768-0-03961900-1382719981_thumb.jpg

The pineapple is, er, quite near the VW...

There's also evidence that some people with Beetles adorn their car with pineapples before committing crimes:

Later that day, state police pulled over a yellow Volkswagen Beetle with a pineapple mounted on the roof antenna.

http://citizensvoice.com/news/pineapple-leads-police-to-burglary-suspect-1.1519309

I've never seen a picture of a VW adorned with a pineapple, nor have I even heard about it outside this website. If there's any truth to this affectation, it might be some allusion to the surf / Hawaiian shirt lifestyle of '60s California. Or it might be something as mundane as the unwashed masses of VeeDub sheep parrotting the skunk-induced brainfart of some prominent UK scenester. It might even be an outright lie.

ATEOTD I neither know nor care... but I'm prepared to believe that those dubber scene twats are capable of abusing fruit in one way or another, so I'm happy to perpetuate the myth.

It was on the roofrack of a VW Passat estate on the Ebay Tat thread. 

You're a bunch of google-image-licking amateurs!

I did see the pineapple question ont' amnesty thread but had no time to reply.

It was on the roofrack of a VW Passat estate on the Ebay Tat thread. 

CORRECT.

T'was about a year ago.

PS, google images found me this :D

shopped3.jpg

CORRECT.

... luvvinn your inveskitative skillz  M8

GoogleImages will deffo turnip [or Pineapple] anything you want to get a handle on... specially the image link, which will get you onto a forum or a source post...

tooSavvy

Well if autoshite is a scene then what should i have in/on the cortina, a tin of birds custard? can of tip-top? kleenex mansize? box of powdered egg?

Send answers on a postcard to:

Be an "individual" like every other two bob shitehawk

The knackers yard,

Weybridge.

Morris oxfordshire.

• Like 1

CORRECT.

T'was about a year ago.

PS, google images found me this :D

shopped3.jpg

does this mean that we have to put pineapples on pedestals now

$(KGrHqFHJBUFH)yc9zVwBSB9shzG2g~~60_35.J

...., it might be some allusion to the surf / Hawaiian shirt lifestyle of '60s California...

That's a good shout - not many palm trees here so let's pop a pineapple on the roof rack.

image_zps72a2a5a2.jpg

Is this a bad time to mention pineapple training shoes?

either way this mans excited by the trend of gay scene mods

568866-pineapple-dance-studios.jpg

(hes from pineapple dance studios for those who dont know)

• 1 month later...

A spot of thread resurrection here - sorry but I wasn't a member when this thread started. That's my excuse, should I need one.

Anyway, round and about I have noticed that some VW's have the emblem missing from the front. Because previously the cars missing said badge just looked otherwise normal to me, I observed it and thought nothing more of it. Yet yesterday I had an archetypal scenester following me - shit old Golf, slightly lowered, black paintwork and had those daft white/blue sidelamp bulbs in, and I noticed that the VW badge was missing from his grille also.

What's this, then? Yet another unwritten 'scene' cool-rule the logic of which only makes sense to the more progressive scenester?

Squire, I suspect that's a throwback to the days when Beastie Boys fans nicked them to wear as necklaces.

Many were taken, few replaced as they just got nicked again

No, it's a lazy attempt at de-badging.  A properly de-badged grille goes for £silly or you can just pop the one off and leave a stupid gaping trim hole for £free.

Squire, I suspect that's a throwback to the days when Beastie Boys fans nicked them to wear as necklaces.

Many were taken, few replaced as they just got nicked again

I really hope thats true because... it has a delicous irony if VW crowd are replicating "retro" vandalism on their motors. Happened to my rents twice, although I think the second time was more "parking space spat" related as opposed to the Beastie Boys.