Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

2 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

Some hot Corgi BENZ action.

eBay trigger finger purchase W114 DIESEL RALLY CAR arrived yesterday

That rally variant of the Merc really is the nuts - I had the Corgi Juniors version, but the 1/35 is on my want list for some point in the future. Top buying!

I look forward to seeing the Bonna ambulance in its new incarnation too...

I have my eye on some 3-pointed star loveliness from Corgi too... three hours til the auction closes on this one.

1656875956_CorgiC385Mercedes190E.thumb.jpg.fbc5a5fda1334110539fb51b56038c63.jpg

43 minutes ago, Amishtat said:

Thanks very much DC! 

You're more than welcome! Just pleased that, for once, the models you're after weren't sold by the time I got back over!

Just now, Amishtat said:

Just out of interest, has Market Stall Blokey ever question how it is that you turn up most Friday mornings, take photos and buy a few things, then come back at lunchtime to get more? 

Oh aye, I told him at an early stage that I buy some for my own collection, but there's a group of people on a particular online forum who collect other stuff - and so I post the pics up for their perusal, and then come back over for anything they're after.

He's yet to complain - must be something to do with the £20 notes I keep stuffing into his hand... ?

Which actually reminds me, while I was back over at lunchtime Market Blokey pointed out to me some Dinky stuff he'd just that minute bought off a fella who'd wandered in with a carrier bag full... 

I agreed that it wasn't my sorta thing, but said I'd gladly share it out online just in case someone else fancied it.

It's kinda internet selling by proxy, really...

Anyway: £20 each for these:

20190614_124239.thumb.jpg.4d24b9e5114e5c0a2d7de2abc252d1f9.jpg

£40 each for these (they're far from mint inside the box, I'm afraid):

20190614_124249.thumb.jpg.e4266b983fd0fc066ed44c381a13d351.jpg

£15 takes this late Dinky helicopter with the all-too-fragile dome packaging:

20190614_124252.thumb.jpg.5064bbb187b2286d22b96f414de76e83.jpg

£5 each on these Models of Yesteryear

20190614_124259.thumb.jpg.4038bffb8f4b96184c7ec92662b34c3b.jpg

(which always seem criminally undervalued for models that are approaching 60 years old in some cases, but then they are everywhere - and usually mint/boxed.)

Further inquiries welcome!

Yeah, I think I feel the same way about them... they're kinda nice, they're proper old, and the batshit metallic purples and turquoises are quite appealing... but not quite enough to persuade me to put my hand in my pocket, even at a pound or two. Madness, I know.

14 minutes ago, 59Impala said:

Some more stuff that I have acquired in past weeks etc. Includes stuff made by those foreign chappies with warped Estafette for comic value. The garage is another addition, I really like old examples like this one. 

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

Lots of loveliness there ...a Spot On S Type, a (Politoys?) Alfa 2600 and a Corgi Muira that looks like it met a bulldozer in a tunnel..

7 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

So if anyone wants the Riviera, Commer and/or Thames Camper, I paid Market Blokey £5 each for them - and I'm offering them out here for the same money.

[EDIT: Thames has been snaffled!]

Is the Commer still up for grabs? Been on my wish list for years!

13 minutes ago, Amishtat said:

59Impala, what's the pink septic with the caravan? Dinky DeSoto? 

It's a French Dinky Chrysler Saratoga. The Alfa 2600s (two lurking there) are indeed Politoys, they did some lovely stuff. The Miura is damaged, I bought it as it was cheap.

2 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Is the Commer still up for grabs? Been on my wish list for years!

Certainly is! Will put it to one side for you.

I even found the yellow pick-up back for it too, although the clip to secure it is broken - so you'll have to be very careful when zooming  it round the floor, y'hear me?

SuperKings Saturday Spectacle

1975 'Transporter', I assume a fantasy model despite wearing registration AKB 546M. The load isn't labelled anywhere but I always thought it was the Folland Gnat used by the Red Arrows RAF display team. Arguments welcome.

Aside it is the 1972 'Racing Car Transporter' more likely fantasy but looked period with the grille. This one the more valuable in the white Martini Racing livery. It's lost its canopy and the Martini livery 'Hi-Tailer' load, so I've substituted something else which will win you *ten points* if you can identify maker, range and model !  The excitement heats up.

WP_20190615_11_23_04_Rich.jpg

WP_20190615_11_21_15_Rich.jpg

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

A matchbox race and chase Porsche?

Crikey that was a quick win! I expected the wheels to confuse at it's sitting on a Micro Scalextric chassis.  Race & Chase had the white Corvette, while this is from a Powertrack LaneChanger set, hence the wide front arches

21 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

But then I dug around a bit more, and found a very grimy Transit - not sure if UniChem was a mainline livery, or if this was a Code 2 promotional.

20190614_155742.thumb.jpg.16f6ee04baa6ef441bf99830210f2545.jpg

If I'm right in thinking, code 2 is promotional (official), whilst code 3 is home grown? Not so up on the 'code' system. Anyway, I had an unopened one of these back in my toy Transit collecting days; I remember the LWB Transit (with ace wheel trims) featured on the packaging, which presumably had the 'high speed' blur applied, to try and mask that it was a LWB one, not a SWB as the Matchbox model is.

matchbox-ford-transit-unichem-164-D_NQ_N

I'm guessing these were sold in Unichem pharmacies only, judging by the wording on the packaging and it not coming in a standard MB box.

Managed to persuade the engine off the chassis today and tidied up as much of the filler work as I could so that I could get started on paint.

IMAG2715.thumb.jpg.000c7ac8b67697a6de289e4f24fe665d.jpg

Mercury didn't, to my knowledge, offer a factory tri-tone on this model.  They did offer a two-tone and some fairly interesting colour combinations at that, and none were quite what I wanted.  Packard offered a tri-tone white/black/pink that I did like a lot and given how excessive the styling is on this car I was sure it would pull it off nicely.

IMAG2716.jpg.8268b88f0cd6e9c6911f54b5bf87cb48.jpg

I got the front bumper rechromed, there's a couple of spots that need a little more attention, and realised the air cleaner needed some work to fix a previous hack of some sort so that just has a blob of filler on at the moment.  The engine is gold, as per factory, and I'll be doing the rocker covers and air cleaner turquoise, also as per factory.

IMAG2720.thumb.jpg.e7f570f073ee88abbe9bef34a1fd140d.jpg

IMAG2718.thumb.jpg.86d7a1e90a6f5f9b872ddca8c3e81cad.jpg

Interior and passengers are in primer waiting for final colour.  I will most likely do the interior in just black and white with chrome detailing, there isn't really any need to use pink on the inside of the car.  It's going to take forever to do all the brightwork on this thing, there's huge amounts of it.