Autoshite on Wikipedia....

Father Ted

Haven't there been magazine articles on the subject of autoshite? That would increase notability.

EDit: Yes, Barefoot did an article about preparing "Sctsh breakfast" at one of the Welsh Shitefests in an issue of The Barefoot Chef.

Any chance he could reference it in Wikipedia?

Autoshite was mentioned in Practical Classics a few months ago, from memory it was in one those diary type sections of one of the writers.

I have successfully created three wikipedia pages, though one of them is radically different to what I originally did, which is fine.

These are the ones I did

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compacted_graphite_iron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paolo_Martin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldo_Brovarone

From memory if you make an article a stub of something else it lowers the requirements but makes little practical difference to the actual page.  I think that all of mine started as stubs.

OK, if the Wikipedia page is to be retained we'll need to find evidence of these articles.

Latest comments from a Wiki editor:

"I can find plenty of casual use of the term online, but no press coverage of "autoshite" as a movement"

"Note that usage of the term "automerde" and sources which use it are not what will lead to the article being kept as Wikipedia is not a dictionary and doesn't include topics based on word use. Also, social media, forums, youtube videos, blogs, sites using the word in the title, sites promoting the topic -- none of these help at all, either. What's necessary to demonstrate notability is in depth coverage of the subject in multiple reliable sources. So, for example, newspaper, magazine, journal, etc. articles about (or about in part) the phenomenon being described here as "automerde"."

castros_bro, on 19 Nov 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:castros_bro, on 19 Nov 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

Could someone put in another paragraph heading or two as I can't, nor can I do those {ref} testicles{ref} things  maybe then I can make my splurge of content a bit more organised. ?

Done :-)

I've also split the article into national subsections.

Adding references is dead easy - just click on the "ref" thing to the right of "cite your sources" at the bottom right, then copy your URL in between the <ref> and the </ref> tags.

I've just been reading the deletion argument thread.

Comment from Wiki editor: "Delete - the definition quoted in the refs is effectively a blog with no oversight or credibility. The fact that it has been used a few times in a very niche publishing sector is not anywhere close to notability.  Velella  Velella Talk   11:10, 19 November 2015 (UTC)"

So basically, we have to find examples of the term "autoshite" being used in mainstream printed media or the bastards are likely to delete the article.

Can anyone help? Anyone know any columnists / writers in the mainstream media?

I've just been reading the deletion argument thread.

Comment from Wiki editor: "Delete - the definition quoted in the refs is effectively a blog with no oversight or credibility. The fact that it has been used a few times in a very niche publishing sector is not anywhere close to notability. Velella Velella Talk 11:10, 19 November 2015 (UTC)"

So basically, we have to find examples of the term "autoshite" being used in mainstream printed media or the bastards are likely to delete the article.

Can anyone help? Anyone know any columnists / writers in the mainstream media?

It worked for top gear on the limo challenge!

It's not enough to say that the term "autoshite" was mentioned – we need to provide links to articles that feature these mentions.

I've added a couple of examples of the Polish / Russian equivalents of the word "autoshite" being used on forums to describe... er, well, autoshite.

No, that was done in the past & the page was deleted.

Basically, unless a website is notable, e.g. has featured in mainstream media or suchlike, it doesn't get its own page. We need to establish that the *concept* of autoshite exists, and that the term "autoshite" is sufficiently notable to define it.

Have a read of the deletion discussion thread, there's a link to it at the top of the Wiki article.

Half the problem is that no two members on here have the same idea as to what the Autoshite ethos is.

Many of us are not into real Bangernomics at all and will keep a shit old car going way beyond any credible financial justification.

It's a forum for people into shite old cars, that's all.

Yep, I've made that point about bangernomics on the deletion discussion thread.

The German term "Youngtimer" comes close to describing vehicles we'd classify as autoshite, at least in terms of their not-quite-classic status. The German Wiki page for Youngtimer currently links to the English "Classic car" page, which is a poor link IMO.

Creating Autoshite

Hello, Hauserplenty. You are about to create an article for Uncyclopedia! How exciting!

Before you create your article, please read over the dot points below. Bold points are super important:

It is recommended that, if this is your first article, you read HTBFANJS (How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid)  and the Beginner's Guide to get an idea of what funny is.
    Do not create any of the following: Vanity articles, attack articles or anything else about people that are not significant. Doing this will result in a Bollocking.
    You should have a basic grasp of How to format an article.
    If the article has been recently deleted, contact an admin and ask for a copy back.
    Make sure you have fun writing for Uncyclopedia and make something truly funny!

(Please note: if you plan to save your article before it is finished, add the {{construction}} tag to the page somewhere, or it may be deleted before you are finished.)

http://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/Autoshite

...think of the poor kittens:

http://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/God,_kittens,_masturbation,_killing,_and_you

...YEAH! STUFF Wikipedia! I guess we'll see if Uncyclopedia is a any more receptive...at any rate, their humour is a bit closer to ours. Now please, do contribute to it or it'll get huffed...I chiefed the lot and added a bit of my own but I really CBA, so soz innit...

Just had a message from "Mr Bangernomics" James Ruppert

- He has tried posting, but his post count is not high enough!

He is asking if anybody wants their suitable "Shitters" to appear in his weekly column in Autocar, they can send pictures with stories about them (mentioning us lot obviously) to him directly at

james@bangernomics.com

He hopes it helps in the "cause" against Wiki seeing as Autocar is "The World's Oldest Car Magazine" that is now published worldwide - if that isn't "Mainstream" enough for them, I dunno what is.

...So with that, I've edited this article to make it a bit more, you know, funny.

Because they've given me 30 days to do so:

http://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/Autoshite

I really do think we belong here, if not on Weakipedia just yet. We can always try them later after we've gone mainstream.

Once we're accused of "selling out," perhaps.

Please, do 'ave a butchers at the main page:

http://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/Main_Page

Whaddaya think?

Just had a message from "Mr Bangernomics" James Ruppert

- He has tried posting, but his post count is not high enough!

He is asking if anybody wants their suitable "Shitters" to appear in his weekly column in Autocar, they can send pictures with stories about them (mentioning us lot obviously) to him directly at

james@bangernomics.com

He hopes it helps in the "cause" against Wiki seeing as Autocar is "The World's Oldest Car Magazine" that is now published worldwide - if that isn't "Mainstream" enough for them, I dunno what is.

Kenny, if he wants to know about a 19-yr old, Ã‚£275, eBay-sourced ragtop that is the butt of the motoring press's humour and yet has achieved 15000 miles commuting in nine months on parts-worns and just one breakdown, send him my way. The car wear 3 AS stickers and can transport a dining table and 4 chairs if needed.

http://autoshite.com/topic/19331-here-we-go-again/