Late registration madness

Mash

Just now, High Jetter said:

Just noticed the non-standard brackets for the aux lights, and the keyway for starting handle.

Starting handle present and correct in the engine bay 👍

IMG_20241013_151157_595.jpg.d23bde6e6ce2a8e63f938a1db7d87eba.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lesapandre said:

That is probably the wackiest late registration there is @LightBulbFun?

its pretty good :) but I think the wackiest still has to go to the G Prefix 1934 Morris that @quicksilver spotted

G147BFC.jpg

this one is extra whacky, because it was robbed of its original plate AP25 in 1992, and so should of been given an Age related 3 letter 3 digit plate, but instead it was given a G prefix *age related* plate because it happened to be computerised in 1990

sadly in around about 2021 someone requested a "proper" age related plate for it so it ended up as NXS470, personally I would of kept it on the the G prefix plate for the anomaly :) 

the 2nd wackiest has to be this  1941 Bedford which ended up on a B prefix plate!

On 16/06/2017 at 20:43, quicksilver said:

Here's one that caused a massive double-take. How in the world did this 1941 Bedford end up on a B-prefix?

34347666322_65141fe756_c.jpg

Bedford O type B150 SDC by Gyles Carpenter, on Flickr

this is also a very similar case to the Morris in that it was Computerised with its original registration mark of DWP40, but then when it was sadly robbed of its mark in 2013, someone at the DVLA gave it an age related mark according to its date of computerisation rather then its actual date of manufacture, and in this case it does still retain its erroneous mark of B150SDC :) 

and thats what I love about these 2 vehicles, is they are genuine cockups :) and that the B prefix and G prefix registration marks they have/had, are themselves also age related plates ie not of current series 

for example B150SDC was issued in 2013, so its neither a period 1984 mark, nor is it really an age related mark in this case :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TrabbieRonnie said:

And Raydyot...

Forgot about them, a big seller BITD.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LightBulbFun said:

original plate AP25 in 1992

AP is Lewes, IIRC, so probably sold by Caffyns, who are still going

13 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

its pretty good :) but I think the wackiest still has to go to the G Prefix 1934 Morris that @quicksilver spotted

G147BFC.jpg

this one is extra whacky, because it was robbed of its original plate AP25 in 1992, and so should of been given an Age related 3 letter 3 digit plate, but instead it was given a G prefix *age related* plate because it happened to be computerised in 1990

sadly in around about 2021 someone requested a "proper" age related plate for it so it ended up as NXS470, personally I would of kept it on the the G prefix plate for the anomaly :) 

although thankfully B150SDC still retains its whacky number

this is also a very similar case to the Morris in that it was Computerised with its original registration mark of DWP40, but then when it was sadly robbed of its mark, someone at the DVLA gave it an age related mark according to its date of computerisation rather then its actual date of manufacture 

and thats what I love about these 2 vehicles, is they are genuine cockups :) and that the B prefix and G prefix registration marks they have/had, are themselves also age related plates ie not of current series 

for example B150SDC was issued in 2013, so its neither a period 1984 mark, nor is it really an age related mark in this case :)

With G147 - someone at the DVLA had a hangover, or maybe it was a new starter on their first day, or a really pissed-off member of staff.

Always a mine of information @LightBulbFun 

The Morris is an Oxford of about 1934/5 and was offered in 16HP and 20HP versions. Fab patina.

Not a Farina fin in sight.

• Like 3