Mk1 SEAT Ibiza & Malaga Register

SEATMad

Was the Ronda 5 door flavour only?  No 3 door or convertible?

And presumably Malaga not produced in estate form? 

'Seat Malaga Super Weekend', would sound much more exciting than 'Fiat Regata Super Weekend', I have to say. 

1 hour ago, SEATMad said:

Ooooohh the want is strong, this looks very tempting... 

https://www.coches.net/x-57623558-covo.aspx

image.thumb.png.8872ac4676e3856fbee1b2071363c15a.png 

image.thumb.png.5234a9be7b41ce85d996c2c7db61ddd3.png

image.thumb.png.6987b04dbb05ec6ea5353183ca01bf9f.png

What an interior, I quite like that! Do you know the name of its colour at all? It's a sharp gold shade that I'm not sure I've seen before (maybe from an old Fiat palette?) It's certainly not the much paler Kalahari Beige that my second Ibiza GLX was finished in.

13 minutes ago, MantaGTE85 said:

'Seat Malaga Super Weekend', would sound much more exciting than 'Fiat Regata Super Weekend', I have to say. 

I dunno, Regatta seemed posh, sailing or boating fans

8 hours ago, MantaGTE85 said:

You could build one. A bit like some people have chucked a Rover 45 front on an old Civic Aerodeck estate. 

Or you could not bother, given that only about seven people would appreciate the effort. 

I love this billy basic 1.2 Ronda, its been for sale for yonks and is now down to 1200€

https://www.milanuncios.com/seat-de-segunda-mano/seat-ronda-ronda-1-2-l-497917790.htm

image.png.7fad1d1d4e3adcb5e750a1c8ba29e1a8.png

I can't decide if its had a colour change from red to white though, theres bits of red paint poking through here and there. Still looks excellent

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I love this billy basic 1.2 Ronda, its been for sale for yonks and is now down to 1200€

https://www.milanuncios.com/seat-de-segunda-mano/seat-ronda-ronda-1-2-l-497917790.htm

image.png.7fad1d1d4e3adcb5e750a1c8ba29e1a8.png

I can't decide if its had a colour change from red to white though, theres bits of red paint poking through here and there. Still looks excellent

Go on then, you know what to do... ;) 

Sadly I now have to sit still for a while and do some paid work to recover the costs of my big shite round-up!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Sadly I now have to sit still for a while and do some paid work to recover the costs of my NEXT big shite round-up!!!!

EFA! 😀

11 hours ago, mk2_craig said:

You could build one. A bit like some people have chucked a Rover 45 front on an old Civic Aerodeck estate. 

Or you could not bother, given that only about seven people would appreciate the effort. 

Defiantly worth it! 😂 

I must admit a Ronda is getting very tempting, there seems to be plenty for sale in Spain.

On 06/05/2024 at 11:29, RichardK said:

Have you got SEAT's heritage Ibiza on there?

IMG_20171207_104559.jpeg.6e19d9a399a50e3bc0309fdad4d18c30.jpeg

It came to the Parkers office. People were confused by the existence of a "choke" control 😕

This is long enough ago it could have rusted away by now.

On SORN, was MOT’d until end of Dec 23 but not at the moment.

Can’t be that long ago, as there is one of those minging current Hyundai Tucsons next to it, launched mid 2021 I think? 

9 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

On SORN, was MOT’d until end of Dec 23 but not at the moment.

Can’t be that long ago, as there is one of those minging current Hyundai Tucsons next to it, launched mid 2021 I think? 

It wasn't - I was there and took that picture 😂 I think 2019 or 20 but before lockdown

23 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

XTREME RARITY - Fibreglass-bodied 'IMESA' Seat Malaga pickup truck, engine gubbed apparently, €2500

https://es.wallapop.com/item/imesa-seat-malaga-imesa-seat-malaga-1990-1012109895

image.png.765eca634a77034ddf64c5626309bf9f.png

image.png.5112f69a83d3d1072a6062334e487d16.png

Had know idea these even existed, guessing they never made it across the channel in RHD. This would be proper cool to have in the collection… 

• 2 weeks later...

This just came up on my Amazon memories. 

Screenshot_20240531-112801.png.ee071e8f66f31c44d62d87fbca03e5ae.png

Not my photo but one I'd saved. 

No idea where it was taken though. 

On 15/05/2024 at 23:02, mk2_craig said:

And presumably Malaga not produced in estate form? 

I had a dream last night that I was in a convoy from Shitefest going to somewhere or other (the dream didn't specify where, or if it did I can't remember), and we passed a white Seat Malaga estate going the other way.  We all pulled over in a layby and were desperately trying to find SEATMad's number to text him to let him know.

Yes I do know I'm a sad cunt.

That Amazon photo could be from the late '80s, when the car was box-fresh. Didn't the Malaga GLX come available in all engine choices, the 1.2, 1.5 and Fiat 1.7D?