My Mk1 Cavalier.

Cavboy80

Thanks for the kind comments guys, yes the 2 door variant is a rare thing.

According to the owners club (of which i'm member) this is one of 5 1600's left and only one 1300 is known to survive !! That's mad seeing as how many must have been churned out from Antwerp (apparently the Antwerp plant built the two door cars) factory.

A few years ago i spoke to the original owner and he told me that the reason for buying the two door version over the much more common four door was that he couldn't justify the extra expense as the Cavalier would only be used by him and his wife so two doors were fine.

When he had ordered the Cavalier he wanted  the body colours of either Pale Blue or Pine Green, This though sat in the showroom at the Kings Lynn branch so was picked instead.

My 1st car was a silver two door 1.6. 1978 on an S iirc.  This would have been around 1990. I put a massive dent in the passenger wing reversing it into a telegraph pole outside my parents. It was immaculate other than that with no rust.

The clutch went on the cavalier so I swapped it about year later for a 1983 sunny with a rotted out boot floor. No boot at all just a massive hole. I kept the spare on the back seat.