Amelia's Automotive Adventures - FTP and OMGHGF

Amelia

I helmed a 1.6D van (no PAS)....

.... Oooh ... Shoulders 😵‍💫

Noice 🎈

🚙💨

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Amelia said:

How do I bodge in a tap or bypass or something to stop the heater being hot?

fix the cable :D

• Like 2

• Amelia changed the title to Amelia's Automotive Adventures - FTP and OMGHGF

It's fucked.

Loads of oil in water and watery oil. Had to limp it 14 miles home too.

Top hose is spilt. Oil seeping down the front of the engine block. Lost power, white smoke out of exhaust. 

This is going to be fun*!

IMG20240525174200.jpg

IMG20240525183709.jpg

IMG20240525192318.jpg

IMG20240525192322.jpg

Posted (edited)

Bum.

What engine doe it have?

*edit i did a little research. 

A pez, that a tu? If so they do seem to have soft head gaskets have done a few without need for a skim and easy little lumps to work on. You might get lucky.

Not ideal granted though think of the smugness when driving about with new pump and belt and that. 

Edited by Rustybullethole

1 hour ago, Rustybullethole said:

Bum.

What engine doe it have?

*edit i did a little research. 

A pez, that a tu? If so they do seem to have soft head gaskets have done a few without need for a skim and easy little lumps to work on. You might get lucky.

Not ideal granted though think of the smugness when driving about with new pump and belt and that. 

Yeah, I'm hoping it's easy.

The fact it was still running and holding in most of the oil and water was impressive, albeit scary making it home. 

Biggest issue is now not having a vehicle to get to work in! 😭

Might have to put on my big girl pants and cycle 😅🥺

Freedom? Naming a vehicle after a brand of incontinence products isn't going to end well! Sorry, couldn't resist!

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Yeah, I'm hoping it's easy.

The fact it was still running and holding in most of the oil and water was impressive, albeit scary making it home. 

Biggest issue is now not having a vehicle to get to work in! 😭

Might have to put on my big girl pants and cycle 😅🥺

Cycling great and its the season for it. 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Cycling great and its the season for it. 

Yupp..... Best time of year for getting out & pushing... 😉

🚙💨

6 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

Yupp..... Best time of year for getting out & pushing... 😉

🚙💨

I tried pushing it yesterday, I literally couldn't budge it 😭

• Sad 2

Would think cycling is ok if you're doing it because you want to.Not so much fun if you're doing it because you have to!

• Agree 2

To be fair when my insurance got hiked massively this year i did the 30 mile commute to site. The sore gouch was enough to prep me for the anal pain of the insurance premium.

I do really enjoy cycling though. Just maybe not either side of a days graft. 

On 26/05/2024 at 06:51, Rustybullethole said:

What engine?

Renault C2J 1397cc

Wet liners so taking the head off is a lottery. 

All I am hearing is that you may as well F4R it.  Would be faster than @domes Kangoo 

• Agree 2

Bit of a rollercoaster catching up on this one.  Commendable services to shite on the Turkey excursion!  Wet liners aside, the engine shouldn't be too dreadful to sort, though not much consolation when it's the commuter vehicle and just lately the weather seems to be stuck on Rain.  Hope the surgery recovery is going well and you're getting chance to take it a bit easy.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2024 at 14:21, vulgalour said:

Bit of a rollercoaster catching up on this one.  Commendable services to shite on the Turkey excursion!  Wet liners aside, the engine shouldn't be too dreadful to sort, though not much consolation when it's the commuter vehicle and just lately the weather seems to be stuck on Rain.  Hope the surgery recovery is going well and you're getting chance to take it a bit easy.

Oh I'm fully recovered now, thank you x

The wet liners shouldn't be an issue if I follow the method suggested on the Renault 5 forum I found. 

I gad a Renault 4 and when I learned about wet liners lived in fear of having anything to do with them.

Never did, the suspension fell to bits.

Is there anything in the same engine family that has the same external architecture? Ie something that utilises the same mounts/bellhousing? 

2 minutes ago, Matty said:

Is there anything in the same engine family that has the same external architecture? Ie something that utilises the same mounts/bellhousing? 

The 1.7 from a 340 or a hot 5..

20 minutes ago, loserone said:

The 1.7 from a 340 or a hot 5..

Was thinking minimal stress engine swap and mild but useful power and torque upgrade

9 minutes ago, Matty said:

Was thinking minimal stress engine swap and mild but useful power and torque upgrade

That's why I suggested that, lots of the modified ones are F7R or F4Rs.   There's an F4RT on YouTube..

2 hours ago, loserone said:

That's why I suggested that, lots of the modified ones are F7R or F4Rs.   There's an F4RT on YouTube..

Oofff. Now that'd be something

One of my even-less-presentable but mechanically fine Phase 1 Lagunas went off to donate its 2-litre engine to a project involving a Renault 11 - from speaking to him, the guy seemed quite sure of what he was doing, though sadly I never heard if the build was ever completed or not.

IMG_20170511_105336.jpg

He drove it back to Armagh on a towing bar behind his mate's Range Rover, I believe.

It cost me £50 originally; I kept the front driving lights and the sunglasses holder from this one to install into my silver RN, and I got quite a nice bottle of wine back.

Them were the days...