Rozzer Shite

reb

On 27/12/2023 at 11:57, martc said:

image.thumb.png.5d9291bed936f6eb9eebbe08d61547ae.png

image.thumb.png.6cc165be6024868cecf862efc77798c3.png

From 1970, this is a Capri 2300 GT V6. In the late 60's the Autobahn police in Hilden wanted to replace their aging Porsche 356 Cabriolets and bought four of these Capris. They were not only faster, but also warmer and more comfortable. 

Dunno whether I've ever told this story before but hey ho, here it is again.

Back in 1976 a 6 year old WTC discovers that he's asthmatic whilst on a holiday visiting family in Oxford. This is where the facts of the story change depending on which relative you ask. Story one says that this was during an ambulance strike, believable as this was the mid 70s and therefore the police were sent to convey me and Mutha_Claim to hospital or story two which is a passer by flagged down a passing police car. 

Anyway, the result was me getting the Capri loving boy's ride of a lifetime in a Thames Valley Police Mk1 3 litre Capri to the John Radcliffe Hospital. As I was doubled up and struggling to breathe I was carried by one of the coppers to the Capri and dumped onto the front passengers seat while his mate sat in the back with Mutha_Claim.  TVP copper calmly thrashed the living fuck out of the Capri with a six year old WTC sat seatbeltless, well we all were as this was 1976, and told by the driver to keep telling him the speed on the police observers speedo and to shout out if it gets as high as 120mph. It did. Twice.