Triumph 2000 MK 1 1966 , What are they worth

Rusty Pelican

Just found a 1966 Triumph 2000 for sale , MOTed til sept tax is till july but free anyway , its a manual with overdrive on 3rd and 4th body is rot free having had 3 grands worth of work 9 with bills ) a good few years ago , everything works , its a drab grey primer like colour and its sat on 15 inch TR6 wheels , I cant find anything wrong with it other than the paints not fantastic , a used look would be a good description , bloke wants £1800 for it and as I know him sort off will drive to mine for free , Thinking it would make a good daily instead of the computer controlled Astra . Is this a good price or not

Not down west somewhere is it? Sounds kind of like this one we saw last year in Somerset:Looked pretty purposeful I thought.

Thats the one :shock: , I thought it looked good too , hence the spending , see you didnt need a picture , you had one already :lol:
That quite a coincidence. Looks nice. Buy it. Better than a Disastra. Plus you can maintain it easily enough.

Not down west somewhere is it? Sounds kind of like this one we saw last year in Somerset:Looked pretty purposeful I thought.

Thats the one :shock: , I thought it looked good too , hence the spending , see you didnt need a picture , you had one already :lol:
The Autoshite net is closing on everything old and interesting. It was actually Mrs SL who took this on-the-move photo, in hindsight it's shame more of the 800 couldn't be seen but I remember it being taken in a hurry.

Well ive just been informed of a problem on the trump , Someone whos seen the car and is a bit of a trump expert having had them for yonks and currenly owns two has said that the four jacking points and the sill drain holes are missing , not the sort of thing a 3 grand " pro " resto would do , umm im thinking cover sills and a bodge job

I,ve owned 35 mk1 and 2s and just been offered a tidy tax exempt 72 MK2 which i might buy???Yep i tell you everything you want to know....If no jacking points then its had sills,HOPEFULLY done well and not slap over jobbies,the sills rot badly,so does everything elseoutriggers,front floors,rear spring hangers,boot spare wheel,rear shock tops,A posts,bonnet hinge panels,front valance,all 4 arches etc,etc...Looks nice,late pre facelift on a D reg,dolphin grey.keep us updated.

I,ve owned 35 mk1 and 2s and just been offered a tidy tax exempt 72 MK2 which i might buy???Yep i tell you everything you want to know....If no jacking points then its had sills,HOPEFULLY done well and not slap over jobbies,the sills rot badly,so does everything elseoutriggers,front floors,rear spring hangers,boot spare wheel,rear shock tops,A posts,bonnet hinge panels,front valance,all 4 arches etc,etc...Looks nice,late pre facelift on a D reg,dolphin grey.keep us updated.

Cheers , Ive found out the work was done by Yorkshire Triumph at a cost of £2675.89 :shock: , two outer sills , inner sill repairs , bottoms of both front wings which is reasuring as these need removing to do the Sill correctly apparently, couple of outriggers , both rear arches , forgot the rest but it goes on and on

Re. price, the "Book valuations" I've seen on trummys don't seem to differentiate between mk1 and mk2 - in my humble opinion, the look of the mk1 has aged rather better than the mk2 at the present moment and values are starting to reflect that & their scarcity.