2003 Citroen C5 estate.....the end

maxxo

8 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

'kinell, very close call!

Did you get the reg? Could send to the police, must be distracted and driving without due care and attention. There's no way he didn't see the big French barge to his right if he was not distracted by something!

could probably get it from the video if i study it for long enough

but he must have been, glad he responded to the horn though

24 minutes ago, maxxo said:

it seems people are trying to destroy this car, this one today was an absolute piss take

hit the brakes so hard it causes the hazard lights to illuminate automatically

thank god for dashcams

I really don't get why some people can't admit defeat when they miss their exit and continue onto the next one. What goes through their head to make them think it's fine to slam on the anchors for no reason in a live lane last minute to catch their exit 🤦

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I really don't get why some people can't admit defeat when they miss their exit and continue onto the next one. What goes through their head to make them think it's fine to slam on the anchors for no reason in a live lane last minute to catch their exit 🤦

I slammed on quite hard, hard enough for the hazard lights to come on 

Dashcams are a good thing, as if I'd have hit them then it would have been hard to prove I was not at fault

14 hours ago, maxxo said:

driving as beautifully as always.....bar a slight wheel wobble at 60

Always had a wheel wobble on mine at around 70 mph.  Both of them.

Repeated balancing and trying various tyres had no effect.

The second one the steering column used to 'chatter' too.

Until I had Sailun tyres fitted.  Was told to get them balanced ASAP but the tyre fitter I used couldn't balance Citroen wheels.

Neglected that but the tyres did seem smoother and quieter than before, forgot the balancing until returning from a rally in Little Horwood.  Had done about 300 miles on that trip before realising that the chatter and wobble were gone.

Always used Sailun tyres after that, never had them balanced, no need.

Would have put them on the Civic but they are difficult to get hold of, both Oponeo and Camskill seem unable to supply them.

For a few weeks I've been ignoring and laughing ar rhe digital oil gauge that pops up when you turn on the ignition, as it's been flashing lots of lines which means low apparently 

Today I actually checked the oil

Ah

Yes, bottom of the dipstick

Maybe it wasn't lying.......topped it up with sainsburys oil cos I work there and I didn't have any with me

I suppose, perhaps it helps when you have oil in your engine 

Glad I checked it

Don't worry, it's not burning it thankfully.....just leaking

ah yes a french oddity occoured this morning

car misted up cos it was cold last night

wipers were fine, front and rear

after driving a mile or so i operated the rear wiper again

BEEP BEEP BEEP

hmmmmmm, looked at dash, nothing, oh that was strange

tried it again, this time looking at the screen

BEEP BEEP BEEP

a picture of the car, with the tailgate open appeared on the screen for a second

of course, it was fine leaving work and hasn't done it since

going to inspect the tailgate wiring on tuesday, perhaps theres a short, another quick fix with duct tape will be needed i assume

i do plan on rewiring it, in may when i'm off for 2 weeks just incase it goes all french

otherwise it's still fine, it's lasted long enough for me to need to tax it again which is good

• 2 weeks later...

i may have accidentally put a deposit on a friend for the C5.....

don't you hate it when that happens, someone send you photos of what will be a financial disaster beautiful looking french car

and you accidentally transfer him a deposit and accidentally arrange collection and a viewing for next sunday

so yes, all being well, there is another vehicle joining the fleet

it comes pre broken

can you guess what it is?

5 minutes ago, Spurious said:

1692361529_download(1).jpeg.7703940e0ff2d31d5dcebbb00c1ad2ac.jpeg

I hope you're a patient fellow. They are utter sods to work on as @wesacosademonstrated. But they're wonderfully French with all the joy and sorrow that brings. bonne chance 🇫🇷

i know it'll be a complete sod to work on and likely be the most ungrateful piece of french brilliance i've ever experienced

but it's beautiful

i love how i say i'm going to look at it just to confirm it's okay, what will really happen is i'll get there, fall in love and immediately buy it

especially as i have everything arranged to get it transported on the 22nd

going to be good fun!

good choice.  Ignore all my moaning on that thread, I am just a crap mechanic 😂

If you are not already I would suggest getting on the club-xm website and the Citroen XM Chatroom on Facebook

What spec/model is it you are looking at?

21 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

good choice.  Ignore all my moaning on that thread, I am just a crap mechanic 😂

If you are not already I would suggest getting on the club-xm website and the Citroen XM Chatroom on Facebook

What spec/model is it you are looking at?

Already joined 

Put a deposit on a 92 or 93 I've forgotten 2.1 SD auto, series 1

J2 CXM is the reg, quite a famous car in some regards apparently 

been tinkering on the C5 this morning

taking a look at it's love of dispelling LDS fluid

278002293_716569449705072_484783156220248566_n.thumb.jpg.359daf915d32c8fd2ef41fe85d14886c.jpg

yep, that's where, the boot is solid, not cracked or anything annoyingly and seems secure, so i cleaned it up a bit

277938747_1004187640488000_7372087831834557311_n.thumb.jpg.9e505693540e20d71010ad8a4e62042c.jpg

also note the rear suspension pipework....doesn't look too clever, so decided i'd have to do something about it

rubbed it a bit (gently) with a wire brush and then coated it in underseal

278020079_1361938267613608_643887658982264306_n.thumb.jpg.30221bccc678dd51dec0604b366bff33.jpg

looks much better and less rotted, better than nothing i suppose

whilst i was under there i also spotted this

sigh

doesn't look too clever

278049226_551683902942234_3361267043391149628_n.thumb.jpg.db14ac55170df6fbd96d03379eb53b28.jpg

again a good wire brushing and then some underseal

277987980_665111421229209_5024006834962296580_n.thumb.jpg.1575cc3530c0446d2c3c60904550d3bb.jpg

guess what.......i also noticed this!

the fuel tank strap, doesn't look too clever

277975224_688472495677302_7931320968929299516_n.thumb.jpg.9d833ce441ba32e2b610d52b10f861f2.jpg

gave it a little paining in KU rust

277967667_384867209960788_3968328892829680532_n.thumb.jpg.9c678ec92bce424fda19e73d7be5a394.jpg

thatn should have it sorted for a little while now

I will be doing the same with the new "FolkUs-Family" Xsara Picasso. It's sills are original and solid so it deserves to have everything wirebrushed and undersealed.

It should be a keeper as it's absolutely fantastic despite its last year or so of (cosmetic) neglect being used as a mobile skip

36 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I will be doing the same with the new "FolkUs-Family" Xsara Picasso. It's sills are original and solid so it deserves to have everything wirebrushed and undersealed.

It should be a keeper as it's absolutely fantastic despite its last year or so of (cosmetic) neglect being used as a mobile skip

I like picassos a lot

May I see it?

• 2 weeks later...

sprayed a fuck ton of maf cleaner onto the sensor today cos i was bored and had nothing else to do

it does seem, slightly more responsive

running as well as ever though

i'm seriously considering fitting some new injectors to it at some point, i know it could do with them....and to be fair they've done 175,000 miles which is good going

10,000 miles since i got the gearbox sorted, and it is indeed sorted, still working as well as an AL4 can and not giving me any issues

otherwise, nothing to report, still being a good reliable car

needs a service in 1-2k miles