Friends Will Be Friends

Another red ROVER day
So the METRO  has dropped and the SUSPENSION needs regassing
The other wing rusted away
Taking all the cash and leaving you with the lumber
Got what a pain in the ass
red on the bump stripe is what you need for class

• Like 1

Normally I’d say chrome, and if the car was a darker colour I’d say chrome.

But, the red looks good on this so I’ll go with red! Almost a GTI look!

• Like 2

Well, I'm going to do it with red tape all round and take some pictures before I decide on a permanent solution. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AndyW201 said:

The right decision. Only the coolest kids fit coloured bumper stripes to Rover Metros!

1423923538_20150328_103411_zps249aa449(1).thumb.JPG.844623947c02bbad7f9d7baa0bf2c975.JPG

788222863_20150328_103224_zps8c93a63a(1).thumb.JPG.ccaa094ca801baaa2d5a63572c947eb0.JPG

It's not on the Metro.... 

The Metro is getting a full respray in Halloween Orange! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

It's not on the Metro.... 

The Metro is getting a full respray in Halloween Orange! 

Gah! Still, red it is!

Looking forward to seeing the Metro also.

57 minutes ago, AndyW201 said:

The right decision. Only the coolest kids fit coloured bumper stripes to Rover Metros!

1423923538_20150328_103411_zps249aa449(1).thumb.JPG.844623947c02bbad7f9d7baa0bf2c975.JPG

788222863_20150328_103224_zps8c93a63a(1).thumb.JPG.ccaa094ca801baaa2d5a63572c947eb0.JPG

What kind of buffoon puts yellow stripes on a blue car?

2020-10-25_10-38-29.thumb.jpg.c943917470d7bd6862435d9361dce116.jpg

Oh yeah...

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Pooling resources

I hate water leaks. My passenger football is decidedly moist and I haven't worked out how it's getting in. Pissing rain is not ideal weather for diagnosing it either

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Video killed the radio star

Question. 

Where in this engine bay would be best to put the 'sports' air filter for the most cold air? Down near the front bumper I presume? I realise where it is now is probably terrible. 

Screenshot_20201031_121953_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.28cb3bf5e39c6de37694011ab7fcd143.jpg

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Filter Tips?

When you tubers have scienced cold air intakes and cone/pod filters they find their is no noticeable gain in power, or none that shows more of a change than error in the results. Certainly not noticeable.

Put your intake wherever you like and enjoy the sound.

I have to say, your engines look immaculate, don't know if that's the camera doing the tidying or whether you clean and polish under the bonnet...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Question. 

Where in this engine bay would be best to put the 'sports' air filter for the most cold air? Down near the front bumper I presume? I realise where it is now is probably terrible. 

Screenshot_20201031_121953_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.28cb3bf5e39c6de37694011ab7fcd143.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

When you tubers have scienced cold air intakes and cone/pod filters they find their is no noticeable gain in power, or none that shows more of a change than error in the results. Certainly not noticeable.

As @Tim_E said - the gains will be minimal either way so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Down near the front bumper is a good idea - but just make sure you don't go through any big puddles....

41 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

I've heard that diesels don't like the air too warm. 

40 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

I have to say, your engines look immaculate, don't know if that's the camera doing the tidying or whether you clean and polish under the bonnet...

I clean then as much as possible and wipe over with bumper gel. I find a clean engine easier to work on. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, loserone said:

Bit too bright.  Darker shade would work well

There's only one shade of red electrical tape at Wilko 😂

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

There's only one shade of red electrical tape at Wilko 😂

I prefer the Chrome look, but if you want mad it's there!