Retro Cars - new/re-jigged magazine of interest!

fatharris

Wasn't sure if this was worth posting in a separate thread but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere.

Retro Cars has been gone under new editorship and has been re-jigged into what I feel is a brilliant magazine focussing on Shite - the features of the first one include a bubble stealth Rover 200 with a turbo and crusty arches, a Peugeot 106 buyers guide, and 90s sales rep special features. Even our own DollyWobbler gets a page at the back!

I think we all need to get behind a magazine like this to keep it going. I've actually subscribed to it - the first time I've ever subscribed to a magazine.

2260b5df550f8a5c3cf3bd00c4596729.jpg

e17b57db826c2533273c04dddcf7a783.jpg

8cea775f4f5fadb20416a898a9b81c65.jpg

C'mon folks, let's support this magazine that has been aimed squarely at us! I know this seems like an ad post, but the editor is a top bloke and serial shiter. My annual subscription was £21.99 for the year and came with a cheapy socket set that's gone in Herman's boot. Win-win!

4 hours ago, sierraman said:

£22 is cheap for a subscription. 

Yes, but you only get 6 issues for that as it comes out every 8 weeks. I already subscribe to PC plus 2 other monthly mags so would be hard to squeeze in another. Might pick one up and have a look when I see it on a shelf though.

That Demio on the front page was bought by Craig Cheetham for the feature. He has a habit of buying his feature cars I think, I gave him a lift to an eBay purchase e46 last year while I was down getting some parts off an R8 he had. Said that was for a feature too.

blguy1975 that posts on here sometimes  bought the Demio off him recently.

I'm well out of the habit of buying current magazines, but that looks like it will be worth a look. Our equivalent of something like Youngtimers?

Craig Cheetham bought a Bluebird off me some years ago. Not sure what happened to it, be nice to think it's stashed away somewhere but I suspect it ended up on the banger track somewhere......

Had to go to Beaconsfield services to get my copy but well worth it.

First impressions are that content is great. Hopefully the journalism is up to scratch. I like the content of Practical Classics but the writing is hopeless.

17 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

To save on fuel, this may help you locate a handy retailer. https://seymour.co.uk/storefinder/ 

Save even that effort by buying it here: https://shop.kelsey.co.uk/issue/View/issue/RCA1811/retro-cars-jul-aug-2019 

Have you got a link for the subscription? If it's only 22 quid for a year, cheap enough to give it a go. Probably spent more than that in petrol today while driving to see the in-laws.