Jump to content

eBay tat volume 3.


Recommended Posts

Posted

1989 Vauxhall Nova:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/820166488474

s-l1200(17).jpg.a1d71ef4fe4ab2920182ecb9efcd50e2.jpg

s-l1200(1).jpg.5a4280d45b369328907e5ef5a5480aa1.jpg

There is particular story behind this car.

The Nova belonged to a bloke called Rick. Rick lives on the same street in Bromley, London as the parents of a YouTuber called Ben who owns a company called Flawless Cleaning which basically does garden restoration, patio/driveway cleaning etc....

Ben also goes around doing services for free for the elderly/infirm or those who are struggling. He also occasionally does path/alley reclaiming if the council cannot be arsed.

Right was found to be living in squalid conditions. At first, it was just the garden but when Ben found the hoise to be overrun by mice/rats etc... he couldn't leave Rick to live like that and set about trying to give the house a makeover.

Rick was a bit of a hoarder and he at firs, he didnt want to part with the car, but when shown how much work it would need, he decided it was best to give it away. The guys are selling the car on behalf of Rick.

The Nova will need massive weld-a-thon, it has a new radiator that comes with it and keys.

Posted
18 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

Which is where this was taken

60705369_1025790727810291_3266226764937953280_n.jpg.7d3a18a8c76c73fdb34501da6265e467.jpg

This Mk3 with the inline-8 Diesel survives on civilian registration 867 XVD

Post-Leyland takeover, hence the company discount Herald.

Courier van must be long gone no details 

Posted
50 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

1989 Vauxhall Nova:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/820166488474

s-l1200(17).jpg.a1d71ef4fe4ab2920182ecb9efcd50e2.jpg

s-l1200(1).jpg.5a4280d45b369328907e5ef5a5480aa1.jpg

There is particular story behind this car.

The Nova belonged to a bloke called Rick. Rick lives on the same street in Bromley, London as the parents of a YouTuber called Ben who owns a company called Flawless Cleaning which basically does garden restoration, patio/driveway cleaning etc....

Ben also goes around doing services for free for the elderly/infirm or those who are struggling. He also occasionally does path/alley reclaiming if the council cannot be arsed.

Right was found to be living in squalid conditions. At first, it was just the garden but when Ben found the hoise to be overrun by mice/rats etc... he couldn't leave Rick to live like that and set about trying to give the house a makeover.

Rick was a bit of a hoarder and he at firs, he didnt want to part with the car, but when shown how much work it would need, he decided it was best to give it away. The guys are selling the car on behalf of Rick.

The Nova will need massive weld-a-thon, it has a new radiator that comes with it and keys.

know of a similar vehicle in 'snett (locals will know where I mean) been parked up for well over 25 years

  • Like 2
Posted
8 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

know of a similar vehicle in 'snett (locals will know where I mean) been parked up for well over 25 years

Ah yes, Pensnett (aaar cor belayve eeet!) Where abouts is it? I might pop out for a drive in the weekend and pap it for my next set of pics. You can PM me if you don't want to share publicly. 

First image I see on Google Maps in Pensnett:

Screenshot_20260930_183850_Maps.jpg.481f59bd57fcc9593d9a6aed7b273048.jpg

"Whut yowm dewwin?"

Posted
4 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

know of a similar vehicle in 'snett (locals will know where I mean) been parked up for well over 25 years

I remember there was a guy on the main road (opposite the Sainsbury’s local/Loaf) who had a few cars grown into the hedge possibly discovery1s

but we’re talking a few years ago now 

Posted
32 minutes ago, sierraman said:

So instead of sorting out the overheating problem he’s fitted a different thermostat. Right…

To be fair according to the ad he did try, new head gasket, re-cord rad etc,  

Posted
2 hours ago, sierraman said:

So instead of sorting out the overheating problem he’s fitted a different thermostat. Right…

Quote

Engine rebuild in 2022, at 35000 miles. Head gasket started weeping after 5000 miles. I tried k-seal, oh no. I did get the head gasket done properly, but, the k-seal must have caused a blockage in the cooling system. A standard thermostat will overheat, so I have fitted a modified thermostat, constant flow, but restricted.

Ask me anything.

Posted
10 hours ago, D.E said:

I had one of those Spacewagons a few years back. 

They are a pretty good steer.  Completely forgettable though. 

Mine had galloping rear inner arch rot despite looking good on top. I sold it to a bunch of lads who were intending to use it on a Banger LOL Rally. 

Posted
20 hours ago, goosey said:

I remember there was a guy on the main road (opposite the Sainsbury’s local/Loaf) who had a few cars grown into the hedge possibly discovery1s

but we’re talking a few years ago now 

yup, they were cleared out about 5ish years ago, bloke had died and they were 'projects' that had been sitting for minimum of 10 years

and Loaf is now a tanning salon, and Sainsbury is now  24hour Budgens!!

Posted

Lots of weird cloned car ads on Ebay today - go careful out there folks

Posted
20 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

Ah yes, Pensnett (aaar cor belayve eeet!) Where abouts is it? I might pop out for a drive in the weekend and pap it for my next set of pics. You can PM me if you don't want to share publicly. 

First image I see on Google Maps in Pensnett:

Screenshot_20260930_183850_Maps.jpg.481f59bd57fcc9593d9a6aed7b273048.jpg

"Whut yowm dewwin?"

Tiled house land....if you come from the high oak end it's in the 5th (technically 4th ) turning on left....approx 4 houses up on left..... mind you I don'ty go that way very much now after Mom passed away... but as it had been sat for years I reckon its still there... Family were/are a Tad 'eccentric'

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...