Shitting in the shallow end. *A2 fixt*

Jim Bell

Looks tidy. Was the plate included?!

Although I still think you're mad for sacking off that SLK, I guess this Swedish lady has a rather larger derriere, ideal for greyhounds.

Looks tidy. Was the plate included?!

Although I still think you're mad for sacking off that SLK, I guess this Swedish lady has a rather larger derriere, ideal for greyhounds.

Plate is being retained by BTB. Will be returning to a pleb plate.

I'm definately not mad.  Just need the space and money at the moment.

• Like 1

Plenty of beans when you poke the thin pedal and it's smooth and quiet right through the five automatical gears.

Only four forward gears on this. It was the later one that had the five forward gears. This also gained flappy paddles. That five speed box was the same one in that fateful Volvo you had (S80 iirc?).

Disappointed there are no pictures of the dash after pressing night panel!

Only four forward gears on this. It was the later one that had the five forward gears. This also gained flappy paddles. That five speed box was the same one in that fateful Volvo you had (S80 iirc?).

Disappointed there are no pictures of the dash after pressing night panel!

I DID NOT LIKE that gearbox.

Ta for he info man. I must have Mis-read the wiki page on gearbox progression.  I pressed the night panel and it just turned most things off?  Wasnt dramatic or funky or anything.  I was hoping thered be a flash of lightning or the howl of a wolf when I pressed it.

• Like 3

I DID NOT LIKE that gearbox.

It suffered a similar problem to the old Saab 9-5 that I had, which Hooli drove another 18k like it. After a fluid change and many miles, it actually apparently got much better. I believe 95quidpeugeot owns it now but I've not heard much about it. Hope it's still going.

Ta for he info man. I must have Mis-read the wiki page on gearbox progression. I pressed the night panel and it just turned most things off? Wasnt dramatic or funky or anything. I was hoping thered be a flash of lightning or the howl of a wolf when I pressed it.

Night panel is exactly that. Turns all the shit off you don't need when driving at night. Reduces the amount of shiny light in your eyes. If something bad happens like overheat or a warning, that element will come back to life.

Now we're moving into Spring/Summer you'll probably not get around to properly using it before flogging the car on...

Now we're moving into Spring/Summer you'll probably not get around to properly using it before flogging the car on...

I'm going to try and keep it till at least July so Split_Pin can say he doesn't want it any more/it's the wrong time/it's too far away or similar.

Are you the go-to person for sourcing AS stickers from, then?

Also, nice purchase. That's exceptionally clean for the age and miles!

A fine thing indeed, Njgleeds is in danger of making my old Aero wagon road legal soon and this is making me miss it.

Things to mess around with of no obvious value, holding down various air con buttons will change the modes. I can’t remember exactly but there’s one that switches air recirc on automatically at low speed as it assumes you’re in traffic and have no wish to breathe particulates, etc. (Manual will contain the instructions but there’s some very logical saabisms built into the ac unit).

Keep an eye on the atf pipes, they run along the base of radiator and therefore get very corroded. Best not to poke if not leaking but spraying ng a can of hammerite over them might help preserve them.

Also, rubber mats are easily sourced for these, which will no doubt please you.

• Like 2

I'm going to try and keep it till at least July so Split_Pin can say he doesn't want it any more/it's the wrong time/it's too far away or similar.

Not...sure...if... serious....

I always tell anyone not to hold/onto anything for me, if you don't have it by July I'm sure someone else on the forum will and I can pester them!

Also, rubber mats are easily sourced for these, which will no doubt please you.

Where from man? I'm really struggling finding any.

The bay of fleas...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112545557532

They’re first I clicked on but there are others...

Also for odd bits if required, google

Saabits

Rawsaab

Cheers dude.

It's OEM or gtfo for me though. I've tried enough EBAY GENERIC TAILORED CAR MATS to know id rather pay the extra for manufacturer branded mats.

Very snobbish I know.

Will have a peep at rawsaab and saabits though. Ta for the tip man.

• Like 1

Genuine EBAY BRAN FINED.

Picked up a set of adjustable load tie down points for rear load area. They fit snugly in one of the many rear cubby holes and might actually come in handy one day.

post-5435-0-37994500-1554281092_thumb.jpg

Also, they're shiny.

As I'm trying to condense stuff into one thread, when I come across an old thread of mine that was a bit interesting, I might drop a link in here;

Today's bonus Easter egg

1958 Morris Oxford and the Austrian Ice Dance champion.

http://autoshite.com/topic/28541-1958-morris-oxford-the-ghost-of/

• Like 4

You can blame Barrett and his tempting minor for that.

Cheers for simultaneously putting me off (very sensible) and digging up amazeballs content

Well bought Chief. Have been really enjoying mine and touch wood, it's been faultlessly reliable.

The same gearbox as mine, seem to be a strong, if rustic unit.

Yo Jim,

I have a set of saab-stitched mats that I didn't like and replaced with Lidl rubber ones in my 9-3 about 3 years ago. The missus keeps pestering me to get rid. Interested?

They are grey with black edging, and the Saab name stitched in black too I think. Will get pics later if you want to see what they are like? There are 4 from memory, front and rear left and right as you'd expect.

Edit to add, due to pestering they are free to a home. Good or bad.

Yo Jim,

I have a set of saab-stitched mats that I didn't like and replaced with Lidl rubber ones in my 9-3 about 3 years ago. The missus keeps pestering me to get rid. Interested?

They are grey with black edging, and the Saab name stitched in black too I think. Will get pics later if you want to see what they are like? There are 4 from memory, front and rear left and right as you'd expect.

Edit to add, due to pestering they are free to a home. Good or bad.

They sound canny man. My driver's one is worn through under the brake pedal (understandable at 170k).

I'd love a pic but likely have them regardless. Just pm me an amount and your pp address and I'll get you paid up.

Just bung a couple of quid in the fundrazr to cover postage. I'll get a pic and parcel them up tonight, then drop them off with myhermes tomorrow evening. Should we with you by the weekend.

PM me over your address when you have a min

Pleazzze don't take off the Stelvio sticker- that was a condition of sale to Bobthebeard. It earned it, It also lapped the outskirts of the Nurburgring and watched all the Porches go by.

post-62-0-14602800-1554402546_thumb.jpg

Also, your clock's wrong

post-62-0-21163200-1554402591_thumb.jpg.

post-62-0-41898500-1554402927_thumb.jpg

Its a handsome beast. Prefer these pre facelift ones to the Aero I have now.

post-62-0-73933200-1554402785_thumb.jpg

Oh, and you can still buy genuine Saab rubber mats BRAND NEW!

https://webshop-uk.saabparts.com/9-5-gen1/interior-95/mats-95/rubber-mat-set-137

• Like 5

I've no intention of taking that spangly sticker off man. It's class. Really liking the nine minus five so far.

You don't happen to remember the radio code do you man?

I've no intention of taking that spangly sticker off man. It's class. Really liking the nine minus five so far.

You don't happen to remember the radio code do you man?

It was in the handbook if I remember. You had a man with Tech 2 at your door too...