New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Hi - Just joined but been lurking for a while - currently have 3 BX's (although one has to go soon) and a well worn Audi 80 TDi Avant slowly getting a resealed fuel pump, calipers, struts, springs, engine seals etc, etc..

here's a few pics:

My Midlife crisis BX:

bx-16v-at-tony-westons-front.jpg

The family one - with a little rusty hole!

bx-estate-bristol.jpg

I reckon you'll fit right in here, there's lots of love for the BX in these parts

Haha, that Transit recovery truck looks qual. I had a similar Mk3 beavertail, though luckily I had slide away ramps with it. My first was a Mk2 and I had to put the ramps on the back (like yours) which was an effing nightmare. 

Anyway, if you ever decide to sell it, John, drop me a pm, please.

It is a pigging nightmare with the ramps, takes some headscratching at times!

It might well be for sale soon mate, I'm in the process of doing the few little bits it failed its MOT on last week then I'm gonna shift it on. Got my eye on a Mitsubishi Canter tilt 'n' slide (coz we wanna be posh innit), so the poor Transit will have to depart. Not that I have anywhere practical to keep the Transit, never mind a bigger truck...

Hello all, i have a few older motors, (and an inability to say no to cheap ones) at the moment so decided to join

The newest car is a 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi I use everyday it's got 143and a bit k miles I've had it 5 years, never had any serious trouble with it, I've bought 3 406es over the past few years and stripped them for parts.

The next car is a 2001 citroen Xsara 2.0 HDi, bought in December for £600 with 100k and a years mot, it's for my mum who will be driving again after a few years off the road, there have been a few niggles to sort mainly electrical and trim related.

There is a 1997 subaru Forster, 2.0 n/a with 210k, it cost £250 ish, I bought it to rally across fields in but it's quite a nice old car heated seats air con and it all works, but it gets used mainly for storing parts for another car

My obsession is with old peugeots especially the 305 I've got a 1985 s5 estate currently undergoing restoration with plans to give it a HDi once the body is sorted, the other 305 is a 1986 automatic estate one owner from new bought in the Isle of Wight and drove it home to Northern Ireland last August it's in good nick for its age but has the odd spot of rust here and there. There is also a 305 van I cant remember what age but it's rotten and only used for spares.

Here are a few 305 pics

td_zps5207edda.jpg

I've been building at a rotisserie for the last couple of weeks so should be able to get a good look at the s5s floor soon

DSC07048_zps3f02ab91.jpg

My cousin also has got himself a 305 in the form of a diesel van in need of even more welding

IMG_9247_zpsb2e7796a.jpg

I've also done a deal recently on a 505, it's been sat in the back of the owners shed for at least 20 years and has some accident damage, but I did give a £5 deposit and promised to pay once the car had reached the front door of said shed.

Yup it's the same car, its got its service history online.

It made the journey home without any problems i paid the seller to get it through the mot so it could be driven home, taking it easy through England because it was my first time driving there and because i couldn't get a relative to tow it home if it broke down, but once I got it off the ferry in Dublin I gave it the beans home, you get strange looks overtaking new cars in a 305.

There is plenty of rust, but im looking forward to getting it spun round to burn off the underseal to see what way the underside is.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome along. I am just wondering, are you actually in or from Afghanistan, have you chosen to say you live there for comedic effect or has the joining process simply assigned that automatically?

If its the last option, I wonder if the forum will start flashing up on GCHQ a lot more often with so many Afgan nationals posting on it?

What Micra is it? A K11?

It was the first country on the list - I couldn't be arsed to scroll all the way down to United Kingdom when I registered. 

Yes it is a K11 - not a bad wee car, actually.

Welcome along. I am just wondering, are you actually in or from Afghanistan, have you chosen to say you live there for comedic effect or has the joining process simply assigned that automatically?

If its the last option, I wonder if the forum will start flashing up on GCHQ a lot more often with so many Afgan nationals posting on it?

What Micra is it? A K11?

Hi chaps. I'm a lurker who loves reading the crazy antics of those far braver than I.

Sadly living on the third floor of a Barrat Homes rabbit hutch leaves little chance to fiddle with shite. Grew up on a west country farm with moulding tractors and Defenders with no exhausts (they always fell off). Currently running an ancient Subaru Legacy Outback which refuses to admit its age, rusty E46 BMW 3 series from circa 2000 (probably not to the taste of many on here) and a Micra of similar vintage.

I love 90s Jap stuff having spent a fair bit of time there around that time. On the look out for a decent Jap exec saloon from late 90s early 2000s at the moment, the future wife is not amused.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

^^^ Welcome, your not related to a young Greek chap called Luxobarges are you?

The Greek election thread reminded me of him the other day ... he's not been seen much since he made an appearance at Chumley a year or so back.

Welcome new Luxxo

Hello all,

Long time lurker here too.  Little introduction to the fleet if photobucket plays ball:

The workhorse

IMG_20140705_085602_zpsg5pz0g8i.jpg

The newly added winking wonder

IMG_20140705_085602_zpsi6bnvmb9.jpg

and the reason for finally registering was seeing this locally to where I work and wondering if Mr Bollox or anyone else for that matter was interested! Sign in the screen says £420

IMG_20150217_113358_zpsqr2hthz4.jpg

Thanks from me and while not necessarily typical autoshite fare I think at least the wedge could fit in. Apart from the failed headlight motor there is a fairly significant pas leak the hood is more holey than a holey thing, rear suspension has some interesting quirks and not forgetting the fabulous* tvr build quality.

Do we need this thread? I think I would prefer to see new members joining and doing a proper thread with an introduction to their shizzzle, as this thread seems to be forgotten about on the most part. New members post here, get a couple of people who remember to look at it, who might give it some likes etc and maybe the odd comment but if the new member had their own thread they would have a much larger audience actually get a proper discussion and be more likely to come back.

I don't think its working. What are other peoples thoughts?