Volvo S60 2.0T SE - The Moog's £30 Ovlov *collection underway O_o*

rantingYoof

THE FINAL FINAL* UPDATE 19th July 2018

Literally nothing from any of the five or six places it's currently up at. I may as well be selling the bubonic plague.

• £Insult me
  • £8.50 per ticket?

BULLET POINTZ:

• 2005 ('55) Volvo S60 2.0T SE
  • 5spd manual 'box
  • Owned since November 2015
  • 121000 miles
  • MOT June 2019
  • Full service history (stamps and invoices) - no need for another for 10k
  • Cambelt sorted
  • Since November 2015: new front brake flexi hose, new off-side CV joint, two new front tyres, near-side rear brake calipers and brake pads, front wheel bearing and anti-roll bar linkage
  • Strong engine with five cylinder warble
  • Bodywork and interior both superb
  • Working cruise control
  • Can do 40mpg
  • Has tow-bar
  • Slight flywheel rattle - no clutch slippage or imminent failure likely
  • Air con cold but noisy compressor - best not to use it unless you like a possible auxiliary belt roulette
  • A couple of advisories on MOT
  • Alloy wheels (particularly fronts) would benefit from being refurbished

Arty_1.jpg
Driver_Front.jpg
Driver_Rear.jpg
Driver_Side_Flush.jpg
Drivers_Flank_1.jpg
Front_Flush.jpg
Passenger_Front.jpg
Passenger_Rear.jpg
Passenger_Side_Flush.jpg
Passengers_Flank.jpg
Rear_Flush.jpg

Dashboard.jpg[
Drivers_Seat_From_Rear.jpg
Drivers_Seat.jpg
Front_Seats_Driver_Side.jpg
Rear_Seats_Driver_Side.jpg
Rear_Seats_Passenger_Side.jpg

Alloy_Wheels_All_Four.jpg
Tyres_All_Four.jpg
Paint_Marks.jpg

Last night I was just looking at these! A grey facelifted, manual S60,is it black leather? With a fully working daily driver I'm not sure what box this would tick other than the sound and a nice thing to look at.

It is black leather; I personally find (as a lanky streak) that Volvo seats are about the most comfortable around. I will admit, however, that during a heat wave, without working air conditioning, it can be a wee bit oven-like if parked in the sun. But it does give you an opportunity to drive with the windows open and listen to the engine.

Deleting the centre pipe is a good way of making it sound very fruity without introducing a drone at motorway speeds. Mine is bog standard though!

A lot of turbo petrol S60s are automatic so hopefully its manual-ness will be a plus point.

In true Autoshite fashion, I offer the view that a rattly flywheel is the lesser of two evils if the other is a shunting and banging Geartronic autobox. :-D

GLWTS. My S60 is a cracking car (albeit a bit thirsty, but it's a 260bhp T5) & it is a very nice thing to waft about in. it can fair shift on when required..just ask the arsehole in the Mongdeo St220 who came charging up behind me...3rd gear in the Volvo &..bye bye Mongdeo :D I must say however, the turning circle is rather poor. Mines does require some TLC now,it's done nearly 148,000 now.

There is a judder from the front when braking from speed,a clicking c.v joint & I need to get the (important on these T5's) PCV pipework changed, as I do not believe that this has ever been done on mine.

Otherwise...I like it a lot. Oh & mines has heated seats.

It really seems that a slightly rattly car with no air-con in this weather is as desirable as intestinal worms (who'd have thunkit, right?), and today on a sweaty 100 mile tour of the local countryside I realised that getting four figures was quite wildly optimistic on my part. The heat seems to aggravate the rattle and all, but of course the car behaved fine and returned 35mpg on a proper mixed cycle run.

So, when something's been up for sale for over two weeks in near half-a-dozen places and you've not even had a single person make a comedy low-ball offer or inform you of a games console they would like to include in a potential swap, it's time to take drastic action.

So....without wanting to come across as desperate (because I've successfully* hidden it thus far), I am making my final edit to this post and bump to this thread...

• £795 is my 'not-desperate-at-all' shiter's cash-in-hand price.... OR
  • £12.50 per ticket for a ROFFLE

The car's details remain below, but TL:DR you are getting a pretty lovely inside-and-out lump of Swedish metal with a good service history, paperwork, two keys, and it'll even have enough petrol to get you home (*eyes the SVM warily*).

Anyone wanting to have a speculative roffle ticket post your preferred number and I'll get a numberwang going at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

I’d fire £8.50 down.

Furry boots you from?

I'm five minutes from 15a of the M1 (Northampton).

Here's the roffletree with three randoms chosen as per the last three posts. If you have a specific lucky* number let me know and I can change it.

18 Tickman

54 loserone

58 Fraz