OMG GGG Fucking Fourbanger Führerwagen - Now Force Ale again!

Junkman

That’s amazing in Jewish racing gold with a 90s car phone fitted I would say that’s living the dream imagine you could buy and sell shares and hold conference calls in your motor.

Mileage ain’t bad either and it looks straight apart from the drivers seat but I bet it’s possible to find a good secondhand one in charcoal grey or black.

Very little wrong with the 230, it’s just a beefy 200 really and - whilst they don’t have the character of the 260 (my fave) or the 300 - they propel the car along just fine.

Supplies of these under £1000 are drying up now, especially with this sort of mileage.

In a perverse way, you may actually have won here. Well done to all involved!

That’s a bloody fantastic bargain and I’m so glad to see it ended well for you.

Jewish gold 190s are worth a few bob and trying to find a straight low mileage 190 for under a grand is like finding the holy grail.

EEAE5DAC-A4D5-479D-B75B-7E5C7D46E4BC.png

And this one has higher mileage with a smaller lump.

They’ve bought a w124 not a w201. So it isn’t a 190, it’s a 230e.

Sorry I’m not up with my merc numbers

The naming convention was to not have a naming convention.

w201 is a 190 or 190e. E for Einspritzung which is German for Injection.

The larger cars are what became the, confusingly, E Class. However they didn’t start calling them the E230 or E260 until the early 90s. Before that the E came at the end of the number (230E) to designate the engine and a 230TE would be an estate.

Confused? Good. Me too.

The 230TE of this age is awful, the gearing is just wrong, ratios just feel too short & 70 is surprisingly high on the revs, when I drove my mates, it did feel like it needed another cog in the box. He did manage to grenade it after fixing the blown headgasket, christ knows what he did, but the camshaft snapped clean in two, he's a bus fitter, and managed to blow up a Volvo 240, and a Land Rover Discovery 200TDi, that he melted a piston on when it boiled. 

The radio is installed upside down, sunk 5cm into the dash and doesn't work.

Get a refund!

Actually if you like. I have the radio that came in my w124 when I bought it, it’s not original but a Sony xplod tape deck with drop down front panel. It worked and is free to collect.

I wired the dab unit into my car easily enough, so this one can’t be that hard to fix.