Volvo C202 Laplander - 5 years on and newest member of the SVM

warninglight

I've never done one of these before, I thought it was about time I started.

Packing for this Saturday's collection, setting off straight after work tomorrow as it's a 650 mile round trip, and as I roll back up the country on the return leg I'll be very slow and even steadier.

Almost had to call the whole thing off when I stupidly used my cordless windy gun to pay out the winch rope much faster than I can by hand, and sheared a little M4 bolt that allows it to reverse. Welded a nut on and extracted and replaced it, and won't be doing that again.

post-577-0-30044100-1528355265_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

You have tarp....so are planning to cover it up on the way back....so is it old and fragile?

It's old enough to be definitely proper shite, but not the oldest thing I'll own by a long way.

Fragile, I really hope not! The tarps are partly to help with the towing rule of "if it looks right, it is right".

• Like 2

Fragile, I really hope not! The tarps are partly to help with the towing rule of "if it looks right, it is right".

Just make sure it's well secured down, the irony if you got pulled because it's flapping about! 

• Like 1

The (8m long) yellow straps and some thin fasty ones should do the job. There's no shortage of the down points on the trailer. I want to be as inconspicuous as I can...

To solve any future winching problems you should buy my brand new unused Warn xl9000 winch , I'll even deliver for Saturday to the Forest, check out the r.r.p and then make me a reasonable offer !

• Like 2

Not as storming as the range rover I had when I met you at the maze last summer! Nothing tows like that, but one long day out towing involved 3 full tanks of lpg, it's fun finding that and getting into the arse end of a forecourt to the pump when you have a hefty trailer on!

1 per wheel and at least 6 for the tarps, so I hope so!

Thanks to Mr Bickle for help and advice with this whole thing too, over the last year!

• Like 1

According to Wiki . . . Weight: Hard top 1,795 kg (3,957 lb), Pickup 1,600 kg (3,527 lb), Total (both)2,525 kg (5,567 lb) .

That should make a nice trailer load ...

Two vehicles?

Oooooooh!

I'm going with Series Land Rovers as my guess.

Two would be heavy, I am guessing the Volvo will have a max tow weight of 2100KG?

• Like 1

Don't give the game away!

Oops didn't realise it was a secret collectioning thread ! Lucky I didn't mention the gas turbine engine and how many knots it does ...

• Like 1

Just spoken to the seller to confirm all is good, so all systems are go from about 4pm once I have escaped from work.

Here's a teaser.post-577-0-22217300-1528455026_thumb.jpg

Is it one of these things...?

Thing is with writing like that even BMW’s/Mercs/Audi’s made for the UAE markets have all the arabic writing on the vin tags but then the chances of this being a car from UAE is quite far fetched so yes I am with my original guess....??

post-24460-0-81193000-1528460324_thumb.jpeg

post-24460-0-93339100-1528460333_thumb.jpeg

Not a Tata!

A picture of this exact vehicle has been posted on this forum before.

I shouldn't think it would have any trouble carrying skiing equipment.