Cresta, an update.

puddlethumper

^^ That,s what I'm thinking but with work it's tricky. Three hours from Accers, home of the famous Stanley, and then sorting something big enough to crank it good. 

I'll see what tomorrow brings.

I live nearby but couldn't have a look for you.......work stuff and an excess of stuff to do!

I know the yard quite well in that I've been there for parts and they've been helpful. A bloke I used to work for used to buy the odd truck from them too..........and when he buggered them about they sent the boys around.

I would want to pursue a warranty claim on your behalf that's for sure!

If they want to bother getting it running they have the kit there ......but if you are stuck I can nip down with the battery off my Chevy.

Thanks for that alf892. I was in touch with him today and was told he hadn't been able to start it. 

Whether because CBA or didn't try or too cold or what I don't know. 

He says someone is coming to see it on Thurs or Fri. Don't know how true that is.

When could you get there ? I've got a broken crutch cable and can't get another till Friday, so a bit stuck.

I really fancy this wagon and don't really want to see it slip away.

This is going to be a bit quick coz its ARRIVING in about an hour. 

No collection thread coz its on someone else's trailer.

And sin of all sins I left my camera in Accers. Multiple doh's.

Will get some on Saturday. 

I didn't  hear from the guy I was originally in touch with so drove back to Doodelay so the drive would then only be hour and half instead of 3 if lucky.

When I got there I was lucky, as it turned out, to meet the boss figure who, when I said I was interested, ordered a minion to get petrol  and a big jump pack and start it up. We stood and had a chod chat while minion ran off to do his bidding. 

Don't know if anyone,s heard one of these fire up, I could be wrong and knowing AS probably am, but ,to me, its a trouser tent moment. Phwooooar !

Sounded sweet as a sweet thing, and no blowing from the exhaust. Couldn't bloody believe it !

From that point I WAS DOOOOMED ! !

Doomed to the point of paying 1600 delivery included.

The back is full of, bumpers, 3, chrome trim, a back seat, back lights, extra front lights, glass from when it was an estate,

(interesting), and other bits. 

Got to go, INCOMING.

I know I dissed it in the beginning but I'm glad it's now within the fold, well done.  More cylinders is always a good sound, especially if your daily diet consists of little four-pots.  Even more so if they're diesels.  Vauxhall's old six should have a lovely rhythmic hum to it.

What are the plans?

Update. 

The Mega Waft Wagon is now in the caring* hands of my spannerman who didn't laugh at it, which is a good sign.

I'm sorry to say every body is going to have to wait till Saturday for pics as I forgot the camera in the "rush", in more than one sense, to get there and get my grubby mitts on it.

The yard I got it from has a couple of Maxi's, a Nissan Vanette and a Triumph 2000 estate if anyone is looking for bits.

Don't know if they are saveable.

The plan with the Cresta is to get it road worthy and then run it for a bit before deciding about paint, if any.

Sort of aiming to go to Shitefest in it if possible. 20 mpg. EEEK !!

Update.

The Mega Waft Wagon is now in the caring* hands of my spannerman who didn't laugh at it, which is a good sign.

I'm sorry to say every body is going to have to wait till Saturday for pics as I forgot the camera in the "rush", in more than one sense, to get there and get my grubby mitts on it.

The yard I got it from has a couple of Maxi's, a Nissan Vanette and a Triumph 2000 estate if anyone is looking for bits.

Don't know if they are saveable.

The plan with the Cresta is to get it road worthy and then run it for a bit before deciding about paint, if any.

Sort of aiming to go to Shitefest in it if possible. 20 mpg. EEEK !!

Free LPG tank available for collection from me in Surrey.

Don't mean to tread on any toes, but as I'm not sure I can wait until Saturday for pics... puddlethumper, would you mind if I put up the photos from the original eBay listing, for the delectation of those assembled...? I saved them before the ad was withdrawn, just in case I never saw hide nor hair of this rather special vehicle again. But as its now yours, don't feel right just barging on through and slapping them up...

If this thing of wonder and beauty is likely to be at Shitefest, I may actually be tempted into attending (not that the proposed company wouldn't be enough of a draw, of course).