AS Communal MK4&5 Mondeo Thread

warren t claim

On 11/12/2022 at 6:36 PM, yes oui si said:

They look good in estate form... 

What's the actual boot space like? The ZT-T was very disappointing - very little space between the floor and the roof. 

I never had any issues. A dog guard does eat into the space though.

On 11/11/2022 at 6:39 PM, sierraman said:

I have a spare solenoid. Have you tried stripping to solenoid down, it has an internal filter in it?

Things escalated, I want to say quickly but it took bloody ages. 

20221114_082437.thumb.jpg.a306cf07da8b90ceb3bc0f9aa74f4680.jpg

Can only move the vnt lever with vice grips. Only a small amount of play in turbo. May take it into work for turbo expert to have a look or just fork out for a recon unit...

9 hours ago, shedenvy said:

Can only move the vnt lever with vice grips. Only a small amount of play in turbo. May take it into work for turbo expert to have a look or just fork out for a recon unit...

image.thumb.jpeg.588a3e426a1ce654521bb58ca8e0b173.jpeg

your new turbo has arrived 👍

On 11/14/2022 at 8:28 AM, shedenvy said:

What an awful job the turbo is on those. I would go down the route of a recon turbo for the hassle it is to fit, that said on the old 2.0 TDCI in the Mk3 a popular fix was to drill and tap the casing opposite the vanes, pump it full of Oven cleaner and stick a bolt in the tapped hole. 

I’ve got to say though it is unusual for the vanes to coke up on these. 

32 minutes ago, sierraman said:

What an awful job the turbo is on those. I would go down the route of a recon turbo for the hassle it is to fit, that said on the old 2.0 TDCI in the Mk3 a popular fix was to drill and tap the casing opposite the vanes, pump it full of Oven cleaner and stick a bolt in the tapped hole. 

I’ve got to say though it is unusual for the vanes to coke up on these. 

You're not wrong - I think removing the driveshaft was particularly annoying, the bottom ball joint refused to release so I ended up removing one of the bolts on the bottom arm to subframe so I could pivot the arm enough to get the shaft out of the hub.

Recon turbo on order.

Have tried some oven cleaner but it didn't improve.  I couldn't get the turbine housing bolts to loosen to try and figure out what's wrong.  Rather than risk buggering up my exchange deposit i'll just pack it up and wait for the recon.

Just taken off the vacuum solenoid and found that filter you mentioned.  Not clean but I could easily suck through it so suspect it's fine.

Nearly back together. Took off what I call the cleanside duct as I could see a split on the seam. Had this stupid ginormous resonator box on it and could not for the life of me get the bustard duct back into place. So I chopped off the box and epoxied a bit of plastic over the hole.

20221117_100048.thumb.jpg.9c5fe12937c5140e4e41475a27990705.jpg

Naturally it glided back into place after it's trim job. 

Marigolds for the win. 

Just the bottom arm bolt to manipulate back in and the wheels and I can try for a start!

Spoiler alert... turbo replacement was a success.😁

20221123_100601.thumb.jpg.223c44d7145e59eba31e0bc4ee3cbe38.jpg

Been pootling about since Monday but today managed 50 miles into work without incident. Even the cruise worked and the new thermostat means the heaters toasty.

Slight smell of piss, but I guess it was a taxi - the stories those rear seats could tell....

Dunno what happened ^ 

That wasn't my choice of emoji. But yeah, so so many TXS' get shit stuck all over them. It's hilarious, but seriously thins the field.

If you want a good nick 2.2, with options and in estate form, it's a small pool to start with.

It makes my top spec remapped car with spacers and XC90 brake conversion, Pebble Beach material once it hits 25 years old.  😂

My mini Mondeo is gone. TDCi 163 manual..  106,000 miles now and trouble free in 3 years apart from a couple of tyres, 3 brake calipers, discs and pads all round and a couple of CV boots.. averaged about 53 mpg in that time. I do think it is gonna get needy now, so time to go. Was happy for WBAC to take it for £2700. Only one on Autotrader just now in the same spec and year... £6295... more than I paid for mine 3 years ago.

Here's the last goodbye pic. :(

20221126_110007.thumb.jpg.5e8df48522be4ba2005a07c1e2e9f43d.jpg

3 hours ago, sierraman said:

Some of the money asked for them now though is laughable. Saw one today, 60 plate TDCI Powershit, box fucked... £2,995..

’Team Long Roof’... fucking hell 🤣

The WhatsApp chat name is a joke...

Some are worthless and some are shitters. My mates and I only have decent ones, though. Top spec, then optioned on top, with powerful engines. Examples like that are a world away from 1800 TDCi Zetecs/Ghias/Titaniums and the like.

15 hours ago, Out Run said:

The WhatsApp chat name is a joke...

Some are worthless and some are shitters. My mates and I only have decent ones, though. Top spec, then optioned on top, with powerful engines. Examples like that are a world away from 1800 TDCi Zetecs/Ghias/Titaniums and the like.

image.thumb.jpeg.b05fe77da8f47b2f04ef09dcb1a1ed4a.jpeg

Its a Mondeo Jim, but not as we know it!