What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

My local friendly motor factors is opposite a slightly pretentious "exclusive" food market. I park in the food market to go to the spares place so am there quite a bit. The car park itself is the usual liberal middle class jumble of new Minis and X5s, the only car in the place that is between the lines of its space and reversed in is mine....you get the idea. Anyway the people who shop there read the guardian, go skiing or on cultural excursions and avoid the NHS. They are naive enough to pay vast amounts for produce that cn be obtained in the local corner shop. They generally have a large brood of sticky fingered children dressed in ethical clothes (fairtrade cotton stitched by a happy child in a fairtrade sweatshop). These children are called things like Daisy, Archie and Sweet-Pea.I was there once and one fell over for no reason at all, bursting into tears soon afterwards. I laughed so loud I could be hear outside my car, and got an evil look from the child's mother.

I think you've described my most hated type of person in the whole world. I know this is the 'happy thread', but fucking hell, they're fucking everywhere, them, with their scarves, drab woolen clothing, ritualistic coffee drinking, obesseion with 'red wine' (what's wrong with Stella you fucking perfume ponce?) and whatnot.

Having a right go at the two stupid chavs who thought it would be funny to smash glass bottles in the middle of the road. Of course as I walk off I hear "you're a fucking wanker mate", so I thought I'd return and asked if he would like to repeat what he just said. Oddly enough, he went rather quiet...........

Aye, I was with you until the red wine bit. I like red wine. I drink it out of a tumbler though and the only bits of the label I look at are the %vol and the price. I could add to your post but this is the wrong thread so I'll just say cheap red wine makes me grin. Then fall asleep.

I absolutely love Red Wine (To bring us back to joy-mode) And aswell as looking for the % and price, I like a good Shiraz, and Jacob's Creek Grenache Shiraz at 4 quid a bottle is a real stormer. I also absolutely love Real Ale, another of my vices.....And although it's getting pricey, I still indulge as often as possible.

Having three arguments with people in the last 3 days. Stupid chavs on Monday who thought it was funny to smash bottles in the road. On Tuesday some daft bint parked in our private car park, thus meaning I had to stop on double yellows whilst collecting deliveries. So to get her back I moved one of our bikes directly behind her car and another right by her driver's door. Suffice to say she wasn't amused when she came back from her shopping (over an hour) and after claiming it was ok as she "has a disability" just started shouting and swearing. I just stood and laughed at her whilst taking as long as I could to move the bikes. Finally yesterday some stupid delivery driver blocked the road for over 5 minutes. If he had parked 5 meters back the road widens enough to allow cars past. So I ended up marching into the building to have a go at himI suppose that should belong in the grumpy old man thread, but after every single one I felt really good :D

Bit random but have to share:Just been on a ghost tour of Chester (and very enjoyable it was too) and at one point I heard a deep engine roar, a massive wheelspin and someone giving it some welly.Looked round and some dude in a 70's Corvette was giving it large from the lights :lol: Made my night that did!

Bit random but have to share:Just been on a ghost tour of Chester (and very enjoyable it was too) and at one point I heard a deep engine roar, a massive wheelspin and someone giving it some welly.Looked round and some dude in a 70's Corvette was giving it large from the lights :lol: Made my night that did!

Reminds me of a time I was in Paris. While walking in la Place d'Italie, this French nutcase came screaming past on a Suzuki GSXR1100, helmetless, on the back wheel. He managed to turn around, on the back wheel only, and repeat the feat in the opposite direction. I was grinning and chuckling like a loon for ages after.

This morning I came downstairs to find my cat sleeping on my camshaft.

Posted Image

It was funny until I noticed how much the cat smells of oil.

That's amde me smile too, what a lovely cat.

Fuggin Hell you miserable bunch, I had to go to the middle of page 2 to find this!!!! :lol: Anywhoo, i'm making tea tonight, so I am having faggots and chips, with a nice few bottles of Asahi, then I will break out the cheeses and olives later. YUM! :D