Youtube moments

Volksy

I'm finding some amusing videos from Autocar India, good production values but some of the tests for native cars sees some proper shite. We all know they have Tata, Mahindra etc still over there but seeing somebody review them with genuine enthusiasm and ignoring how dated or povo spec they are can be entertaining.  Also models from international brands that aren't sold in the west..

..And then a glance at the comments; almost all positive and many professing how attractive it is. 

• Like 2

I found this more interesting than I expected (he means fail in a US context). Stellantis look away now.

A bit of a boring review of the MK2 Cavalier.

Vauxhall Cavalier launch road test BBC Top Gear.

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

A bit of a boring review of the MK2 Cavalier.

Vauxhall Cavalier launch road test BBC Top Gear.

Yeah that's really boring, thanks for sharing. 

I loved it. Very of its time. Sue Baker tries to find as many synonyms of 'competent' as possible.

Related: I'd sooner watch an hour of Woolard era TG than ten minutes of 'new' TG. 

Unsurprisingly I was considering buying this Coupe de Ville as it was cheap* and local. Unsurprisingly it turns out to be a complete POS. 30 years in the UK haven't done it any favors.

• Like 1

Look

Just now, Schaefft said:

Unsurprisingly I was considering buying this Coupe de Ville as it was cheap* and local. Unsurprisingly it turns out to be a complete POS. 30 years in the UK haven't done it any favors.

I was in the process of posting this same vid* haha! Look away now @eddyramrod

*I wasn't thinking of buying it

Today (3rd Sept 1967) Sweden changed sides of the road on which they drove. ("H Day") Högertrafik.

From the ITV archive.

• Like 2

On 02/09/2024 at 19:50, Schaefft said:

Enjoyed watching that, thanks.

However watching them getting nicked for driving it about with defective brakes would of made the vid for me. Maybe it was all staged and they weren't gunning it about on the highway with dodgy brakes. Im no angel and have nursed many a shit piece about over the years and still do. Stinks a bit of dickish behaviour to me.

But yeah, entertainment.

The 16v Toledo, rallycross dolomite, GM's version of the rover V8???

& At the end of it all it's barely a replica  well done trigger.bought as authentic as Bodies T reg Capri resto.

If I didn't know better I'd say this was American/AI bollox.

Has anyone seen the new MGB video 😆🤣🤣 I nearly bought my own beer.

Btw can anyone help me with info regarding the racing cortina I've got, it's believed to have been prepared by A.C.M. Engineering of elffished nots ( see pic of id plt below) , & may have competed in the sparkright & rusteze championships driven by the Popular driver Ben Shaws. I think it had a twincam Holby fuel injected engine.  

IMG_20240913_021529.jpg.c312c199b933cf5c744f847f2248cc5a.jpgIMG_20240913_023323.jpg.83b554f5d82eb52112d0b3db204c7dfb.jpg

• Like 1