Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Didn't one of the Triumph TRs claim to be the first to have rear discs too?

Don't think any TR had rear discs. TR3 (from '56) was the first Brit motor with disc brakes. Jensen had all-discs at some point too.What a boring lot we are! :lol:EDIT - and yes, it seems the R8 was the first small saloon with rear discs. Blimey. Jag Mk1 had 'em in 1957, little Renner in 1962.

How do people manage to leave school with that level of literacy???My daughter is 6 and can spell better than that!! How is it that someone that went to school for another 10 years has worse spelling?

I found out recently that young children are taught not to spell correctly."that's a difficult word, don't worry about spelling that correctly"I believe this is what's leading to a generation being almost illiterate.

How do people manage to leave school with that level of literacy???My daughter is 6 and can spell better than that!! How is it that someone that went to school for another 10 years has worse spelling?

I found out recently that young children are taught not to spell correctly."that's a difficult word, don't worry about spelling that correctly"I believe this is what's leading to a generation being almost illiterate.
that shit started in the 60's I suffered from it when I moved to Fort William in 1967 :evil:

I want that Fuego!!

My wife is in her final year at uni training to be a primary teacher. She said she was surprised at just how many of her lecturers are unable to spell properly and some can't grasp even basic grammar. Yet there they are being paid to produce the country's new crop of teachers. How the hell do they slip through the system?Some years ago, my son was in tears after being given the results of a school spelling test. The so-called 'teacher' had marked 9 out of his 30 answers as wrong when they were in fact correct. The one he did get wrong was marked as correct! The mind boggles.

I want that Fuego!!My wife is in her final year at uni training to be a primary teacher. She said she was surprised at just how many of her lecturers are unable to spell properly and some can't grasp even basic grammar. Yet there they are being paid to produce the country's new crop of teachers. How the hell do they slip through the system?Some years ago, my son was in tears after being given the results of a school spelling test. The so-called 'teacher' had marked 9 out of his 30 answers as wrong when they were in fact correct. The one he did get wrong was marked as correct! The mind boggles.

Seconded on that one and im shocked at how many off these Fuegos have come up for sale over the past few months i honestly thought they where very thin on the ground :shock: theres also a black turbo one on the bay :wink: As for the schooling i dont understand it our two younguns are doing fine but that may be down to the fact that there are only 24 kids in the whole school so plenty off one to one with teachers.

Posted Image

SHERPA COUPE 1975 PROJECT

Q: Have ye no goat a buket o' soapy watter or ur ye feart it will reduce the value?Didnae no the army hud these. Is it the same paint code as yir bombardier? 27-Jan-10

A: away and wash your nob end with your soapy water yafud

^^^That is class :lol::lol::lol::lol: As regards disc brakes on all corners. As well as the Renner, the Fiat 124 had them in 1966. So by the late Sixties it wasn't unusual for a family saloon to have discs all round.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1983-SAAB-99-GL-S ... 19b821c5f5

Mate of mine dropped in on Friday night whilst on a cross country trip up from Wellington..hes always been a Saab fiend but never able to find what he wants in NZ...so i do believe hes just purchased the above Ebay Saab..and is about to to ship it over from England..so guys..it does work in reverse..just like the old days!..car is 600squid and shipping is 1200squid..

Posted Image

1987 Nissan Laurel SGX

Pretty barmy colour this, Sounds like the garage got stitched up over it though.

brought to us by a customer who instructed us to repaint it, it transpired however that he could not or never intended to pay the cost of the repaint, which incidentally stands us at £1500.00.

Posted Image

1984 Renault Fuego Turbo

Alex_G whats happened! If it's the girlfriend then give her the boot, you'll have plenty more girls flocking around you in this clunge magnet!

I know. I always knew I guess that I could never keep it. I tried to find storage but in the end admitted defeat. If it was road legal I might have been able to wangle it but I have no time of money to sort it. The parents hate having an engineless metro on the drive, imagine how they feel with this parked next to it. I blew a large chunk of my first home deposit on this baby and I need it back before the girlfriend looses her rag :(

asked him for some pictures of the rust, got this back

"i havent got close ups but main rust is on arches and door bottom i have owned the car for nearly 2 years just a reminder sabrina is not that expencive to waist time over e mails thanks for your ?"

decided not to 'waist' my time looking at it.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123

that shit started in the 60's I suffered from it when I moved to Fort William in 1967 :evil:yeah but when i moved there in 1974 things started to improove....and by the time i started at Lochaber High in 79..it was actually one of the best comprehensives in Scotland!

Posted Image

1988 Audi 90E

This doesn't look to shabby for £495 BIN with long mot.

Posted Image

1987 Ford Sierra 1.6L

The reason for selling is because the nice boys in my area keep trying to steal it.The car was damaged by an attempt to steal it the drivers door was damaged beyond repair.The door has been replaced but its gold.The steering lock was broken

Nice area.

Posted Image

1978 Chrysler 2.0

This has been for sale for a while, It's now £595 BIN, any good for spares Vic?

Posted Image

1989 Fiat X1/9 Gran Finale

COULDNT HANDLE DA POWR!

I bought this car only a couple of months ago, but my partner was driving a little too hastily and drove it into the wheel of a truck

You cant rip that 180 for spares!!! Its getting quite tempting I must say at £600, i might hold out for another week or two then make a cheeky offe3r if its still there.

I agree, It would seem a shame to strip it as it looks pretty good, I think you should get on it!

Posted Image

1986 Austin Maestro 1.6 HLS RAT LOOK

OMG I think i have seen it all now!

Posted Image

Unfortuneatly it was broken into on Christmas eve and the tossers who broke into it, it has no ignition barrel just a stop start button seen in the picture

Posted Image:shock: