Cavcraft

Shite in your town, in ye olden times.

Can do a link as i'm on my phone but youtube "Journey around Burscough c1970 including HMS Ringtail" around 10 minutes in i live on the left at the bottom of the bridge.

I'm in my 30's so was one of the last generation to play on the still mostly complete airfield. All but the hangers have been cleared and built over now.

No pictures, just a bit of a tale. In Castle Donington lived Commander Dalby whose elderly wife used to potter own the main Borough street in the family P6. She used to simply double park it on the narrow, busy street and leave it whilst she did her shopping.

We used to have another nutty old girl called Valgene, she used to ride a step through moped thing with pedals, but because she had difficulty restarting it, (she lived at the top of a long hill), she would leave it running while shopping in her crash helmet. local lads used to nick it for a tnrash round the block, but generally brought it back!

Those were the days - late 70's early 80's

That looks well familiar, can you walk across that higher level?

Yes, it's our world famous 'rows'. Or toilets, as they're sometimes known at night :(

Upper Bridge Street, early-mid 70's at a guess

18738545_10155202816522165_5159826734874

Some poncey wine bar on the left now (around where the Cortina is) and at the top of the picture (unseen) behind and next to the church are a couple of half decent watering holes.

img20170526_160030_zpsr5bt4lx0.jpg

Aberdoom railway station 1986. Some quality choice taxis including a Superfabbafiori 131 Lampredi Twin Cam 1600.

"Bridge of Don chief, no problem". 7000rpm, screeeeeeeeech, . . . . blur, . . . there.

Is that a Cressida on the left?

For my 'hood' may I please respectfully point you in the direction of this thread?

http://autoshite.com/topic/10387-the-liverturds-lets-buy-a-car-classified-ad-special/

Excellent link, lot's of pics there I hadn't seen before.

Had a look through a Liverpool site a while back and lots of great street/car pics on there, a few of which I saved and randomly posted on here. Probably double or triple-posted already but new to me so new to others too. Thx.

The old (shit) bus exchange behind the town hall closed today, ready to move to the new one on Monday. Someone bought an old Crosville double decker down...

18814404_10213858720761405_5802572833885