GoogleMaps StreetView uk now online

GrumpyCat

I've just realised Dave's little red car isn't a THiNK, it's a Kewet El - Jet. Danish, electric, shite.Those two design wankers are still bell ends though, I was right about that.I was gonna say the little red car at the far edge of the drive with the Marcos 3 Litre in the foreground was a Matra D-Jet.

Both are Mini Marcos, Spottedlaurel might know more as it was out towards his way.

I think I know where that is, though if so it’s not somewhere I pass by very often nowadays.The enormous silver car was at Henham Wings & Wheels last year I seem to recall (off-topic, you going to that Trigger?).

Funny enough some random lady started talking to me at Snape Maltings yesterday about that show asking me if i would be taking my BMW down there.I might do, I've never been before, I was meant to go last year but couldn't make it, Will you be going?

Both are Mini Marcos, Spottedlaurel might know more as it was out towards his way.

Actually the one next to the van is a Mini Marcos, the other one is a Marcos 3-litre. The M-M looks like a well early one too. I reckon the silver thing is something like a Pierce-Arrow, maybe even a Dusenburg...maybe Michiel will know for sure.

I know what you mean....I found a derelict Standard Atlas rusting away in Westcliff in 2005, I hadn't been to that road for a few years and although its visable on the overhead view, it's not there on the street view...probably hauled off to the scrapyard, shame, it would have been a tremendous spot. 948cc's of pure POWAH! :)

Posted Image

Here is a house near my office in Letchworth.

It has a mildew covered Hyundai Stellar at the side, in the autumn it almost disappeared under leaved. It's been there a Very Very Long Time. Note also the other Hyundais on the proper drive...

Dunno if these are any good, but check out these crazy two ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Haha! christ did they know the google car was coming up their street or are they just crazy - there's no sign of water on the inset map!

Funny enough some random lady started talking to me at Snape Maltings yesterday about that show asking me if i would be taking my BMW down there.

I might do, I've never been before, I was meant to go last year but couldn't make it, Will you be going?

Yes, I certainly plan to be there in the Laurel. We’ll get in touch nearer the time? Always good stuff to see there, and my family like it as there’s plenty of non-car stuff to do as well.

Anyway, just remembered that big silver thing was at the Steam Rally at Henham in September, not Wings & Wheels. I found my photo of it on Flickr:

Posted Image

Cartell says it’s a Packard, on which basis DVLA says:

The vehicle details for AMO 196 are:

Date of Liability 01 07 2010

Date of First Registration 24 11 1999

Year of Manufacture 1934

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 4000CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour RED

That's the one, Can believe how big it is!.I won't be showing the 02 at Henham but i plan to go in it as i've never been before, My mate went last year and said what a good show it was.It would be great to met up, Just send us a pm nearer the time or I'll just keep my eye open for the Laurel.

Actually the one next to the van is a Mini Marcos, the other one is a Marcos 3-litre. The M-M looks like a well early one too. I reckon the silver thing is something like a Pierce-Arrow, maybe even a Dusenburg...maybe Michiel will know for sure.
Sorry guys, only about 3/10 for observation. The car next to the van is not a Mini Marcos. Note the opening rear side windows, shape of the back window and the ridge round the top of the back window. To find out what it is go tohttp://www.minimarcos.org/memcars/minijem/xcf735k/

'Fraid so. Two Jems and two Mini Marcoses, though only one of each on the road. And yes, I do plead guilty to running the Mini Marcos web site, though I have to thank a co-conspirator in France for noticing that we had that very car on the site.

mark, i think you're alright as long as you dont say it to people in 'real life' (go one mate, show us yer shite!)+10 for getting some pics up of your motors, I do like my weird GRP sportscars, don't think i've ever seen a Jem in the flesh either, how many are left? They are much nicer looking than the Marcoses, look more like the D.A.R.T, which was always my favourite (spats ftw, etc)

There are quite a few pics of my 'shite' on the minimarcos.org site and on facebook, but I'll see if I can find a few different ones.As regards the D.A.R.T, that was a one-off racing special built from a steel Mini so there was no mould for it. The Mini Jem (as it became known later) was designed along the lines of the D.A.R.T but the moulds were made from an original buck. The original shells had some problems and didn't survive.The Mini Marcos was based on the GRP Dart but simplified and modified to make it look different. It retains some of the asymmetries of the original shells, which were corrected on the Mini Jem.